Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News Part 2: January 2013 - November 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News
Part 2

The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:
Royal House of Denmark Mod's

thank you.
Picture #5 looks like Mary?

It looks like Joachim and Marie did not take little Henrik or Athena?

It is CPss Mary in the CPC´s little caffe latte colored Mini Cooper :flowers:

Yes, and it looks like Christian in the back seat. I guess that Mary drives home after fetching Christian from school :)

thank you.
Picture #5 looks like Mary?

It looks like Joachim and Marie did not take little Henrik or Athena?

That's weird, unless the cousins had the sniffles.

Wonder what's in that huge Toys R Us bag - I love toys.

I love the new pictures of the twins! They are both adorable. Little Josephine's eyes don't look quite as blue as they once did. I wouldn't be surprised if they turned brown or some other color. (My siblings were all born with blue eyes but they later changed to hazel, brown, and greenish gray.)

How strange that neither little Henryk or Athena were in their cousins´birthday party.

How strange that neither little Henryk or Athena were in their cousins´birthday party.

maybe they were already inside? maybe henrik spent the night at the residence with his cousins? or maybe they were ill or at the nursery?

Did Mary's parents attend the Twins 2nd Birthday party? It is really not that far from France to Denmark for such an important birthday celebration.

Mary's parents live in Australia! Marie's parents live in France.

I thought they lived part of the time in France as well. Hello or one of the magazines like Billed Bladet did an article with pictures of JD and Susan Moody showing an old rustic farm house they bought. I get the impression they spend there time between London, Denmark, France and Australia.

Really ? Have not heard about it before. I know they always spend some time in Denmark helping with the children and so on.

I looked it up after posting, and only found one photo. It was Billed Bladet who wrote the article in 2010 (I think) of John and Susan Donaldson at their new French home somewhere near Cahors. At least that is what they intimated. Anna Johannsen wrote the article. The photo is of the couple walking in their local village near where they bought the house. It is drivning me crazy :bang: not being able to find the rest of the photos. But when I find them I will post.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's right, Tarlita. :)

In BB #22, 2010, there was an interview with the Donaldsons from France, where they now live.
I understand they regularly visit their children in Australia and DK.

I was wondering if the four, with such long names, have nicknames.

I read (most likely here at some point), that Mary has been heard calling the older two "Chris" and "Bella." For an English speaking person, those nicknames are the obvious choice. Would they be the same in Danish?

As for the names Vincent and Josephine, an English speaker would nickname Vincent "Vinny" or "Vince," while Josephine would be "Josie," (a very pretty name for a little girl).

Anyone know if the twins have nicknames, or what a Danish nickname would be for either of those names.

It is CPss Mary in the CPC´s little caffe latte colored Mini Cooper :flowers:
It looks like a mini countryman...vey nice car but it only takes three kids very, very, tight behind!

I read (most likely here at some point), that Mary has been heard calling the older two "Chris" and "Bella." For an English speaking person, those nicknames are the obvious choice. Would they be the same in Danish?

As for the names Vincent and Josephine, an English speaker would nickname Vincent "Vinny" or "Vince," while Josephine would be "Josie," (a very pretty name for a little girl).

Anyone know if the twins have nicknames, or what a Danish nickname would be for either of those names.

Nicknames aren't as normal in Denmark as they seem to be in many English speaking countries, but "Bella" would be the most normal nickname for Isabella here too.

I don't recall ever hearing Mary shortening Christian's name, but she might have. Most people I know by that name are simply called Christian, with the occasional "Chrisser" or "Krelle". The first one is probably the most normal one. I'm sure some are called Chris too, but not anyone I've ever met.

As for Josephine, the two most normal nicknames are "Jose" and "Fine". I'm not good at writing phonetics, but "Jose" would be pronounced something like "Yosé" and "Fine" would be near "Pheena" for English speakers. It's just the name split in half, so try and listen to Mary pronouncing the name at the christening.

As for Vincent, I've never heard a nickname for that name. Neither "Vinny" nor "Vince" would be a natural nickname for a Dane. Unless he gets his own personal nickname by family or friends, like Frederik got "Pingo" in the army, I think he'll simply be called Vincent.

I hope that helps :)

We have heard that Isabella is sometimes called Bella by her parents. Christian, albeit a long name, is not normall shortened in Danish. I know a couple of Christians and none of them have nicknames.

I haven't heard nicknames for the twins - except for foreigners who often refer to Vincent as Vinny or Vince as you say; that's not natural to Danish and I doubt that he will get a 'natural' nickname in Danish.
I know a Danish Josefine who is called 'Fine', but it's very likely that other Danish Josephines/Josefines are called Josie. Don't know if princess Josephine is nicknamed in the family circle.

I think that particularly Americans have a tendency to shorten names more than in other languages. Sometimes it's a pity as the real names are so nice; just my opinion of course.

Don't know if this is true but one of my teachers told us years ago that Dwight Isenhower's mother wanted to name a child of hers a name that would not be shortened - and he ended up with the nickname 'Ike'. Just goes to show that any name may be shortened :)
Personally, I like it when people's names are not shortened.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #3, 2013.
Farmor til fødselsdagsfest - (Paternal) grandmother to birthday-party.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

Flags were put in the windows in the private apartment in the manor used by M&F when Josephine and Vincent turned two. Grandma Margrethe was the first to arrive, and she apparantly had such a merry time that she stayed on for a long time.
Prince Henrik was there too, but he had to leave early for a meeting.
Joachim and our Marie strolled across the square, from their apartment in the mansion next to M&F's. Greeting the photographer, they said nothing about why there children didn't go. Joachim carried a large bag from Toys 'R' Us, so that's presumably what the twins got.

There were however children present at the birthday. Rikke Juul Brandt, were among those who brought her little son.

Mary was seen in her car picking up Christian from school and Bella from her kindergarten, before arriving home shortly before QMII drove across the square.
The day before Mary was observed in a Toys 'R' Us store north of Copenhagen filling a large bag.

I hope there was a Geotrax train set and a Fisher Price dollhouse in at least one of those bags!!!

Mary was seen in her car picking up Christian from school and Bella from her kindergarten, before arriving home shortly before QMII drove across the square.

so we can assume Frederik did the party decorations? :ROFLMAO:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #3, 2013.
Farmor til fødselsdagsfest - (Paternal) grandmother to birthday-party.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

Flags were put in the windows in the private apartment in the manor used by M&F when Josephine and Vincent turned two. Grandma Margrethe was the first to arrive, and she apparantly had such a merry time that she stayed on for a long time.
Prince Henrik was there too, but he had to leave early for a meeting.
Joachim and our Marie strolled across the square, from their apartment in the mansion next to M&F's. Greeting the photographer, they said nothing about why there children didn't go. Joachim carried a large bag from Toys 'R' Us, so that's presumably what the twins got.

There were however children present at the birthday. Rikke Juul Brandt, were among those who brought her little son.

The day before Mary was observed in a Toys 'R' Us store north of Copenhagen filling a large bag.

Wuhuu, I was right when I saw Christian in the back seat :p

I really like the fact that Mary and Frederik so often are spotted out and about in Copenhagen. As when they are spotted in the inner city for shopping, when they are spotted on jogs, when they walks with the twins in a stroller at the habour or when Mary visits Toys 'R' Us, when the kids' have birthdays. But I do wonder where Billedbladet get their information from? If Billedbladet had sent a reporter after Mary to the Toys 'R' Us, wouldn't they when had taken some pictures? Or do they leave her alone on these private visits? Or is it maybe people who see Mary, who call Billedbladet and says they have seen her? :huh:

Last edited:
Sometimes people tip them off, I personally wouldn't ever do that because I think they have right to privacy, however there are always the douches who don't respect that (same with people who stand and begin to stare at them when they're out somewhere, I find that so disrespectful too).

Sometimes people tip them off, I personally wouldn't ever do that because I think they have right to privacy, however there are always the douches who don't respect that (same with people who stand and begin to stare at them when they're out somewhere, I find that so disrespectful too).
And I wouldn't be astonished if whoever gave that information mixed up Mary and Marie. After all we saw Joachim&Marie with a big Toys 'R' Us bag. Somehow I doubt that a mother who is as well organised as Mary would buy presents as late as the day before the birthday party. (Well at least I wouldn't.) And I assume there are no toy shops in Mogeltonder.

Last edited:
And I wouldn't be astonished if whoever gave that information mixed up Mary and Marie. After all we saw Joachim&Marie with a big Toys 'R' Us bag. Somehow I doubt that a mother who is as well organised as Mary would buy presents as late as the day before the birthday party. (Well at least I wouldn't.) And I assume there are no toy shops in Mogeltonder.
IIRC, then CPss Mary has before done the giftshopping the day before, wo why not now? :flowers:

Then you remember more than I do.
In the end it's totally irrelevant who it was. I was just speculating a bit myself and expressing my general mistrust towards the media.
Over the years BB has written many things which were wrong, so why not now? :flowers:

Last edited:
the new officials photos of the twins are soooooooo cute!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom