Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News Part 2: January 2013 - November 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Archduchess Zelia. :flowers: I feel better now. It's just that there's so much focus on Mary - her clothes, hair, etc. - it seems Frederik is often slighted. As we all know, it takes two.

Congratulations and a happy birthday to Denmark's lovely prince Christian, but first and foremost, Frederik and Mary's big boy with his already nine years today :flowers: :daneflag2:

I'm pretty sure he celebrates his day with dad, mum and siblings in Trend.

Kongehuset has published two new pictures of Christian:

http://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe...g/hkh.+Prins+Christians+ni-års+fødselsdag.img

http://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe...hkh.+Prins+Christians+ni-års+fødselsdag-2.img

Both taken on board the Dannebrog in the beautiful surroundings of the family's Greenland tour. For the first time in many years it's not Mary who is the photographer, but F&M's favorite photographer Franne Voigt.

ADDED:
Billedbladet article with a long description of Christian - a description where I think BB is spot on:
TILLYKKE: Prins Christian fylder ni år | Billed Bladet

Thanks for posting.
Lovely new photos of Christian what a good looking little prince he is.
I agree I also think the article on Christian is spot on, we could see on the trip to Greenland what a delightful, caring and thoughtful little boy he is and how proud his parents are.

Happy birthday to the little Prince.

From the 60 pictures from Berlingske.dk, my favorite photograph is of little Prince Christian waving with his paternal grandmother beside him. :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

I can't believe Christian is nine already, the saying "time flies" is certainly true! I like the new photos a lot and Greenland looks so beautiful, the family's tour there made me want to visit it. I enjoyed looking at the gallery of sixty photos from Berlingske.dk as well, Christian was an adorable baby and toddler and has grown up to be a sweet little boy. My favourites are this one, this one (Isabella looks rather funny here too) and this one. He also seems to be a caring older brother.

When I look at all these pics I just cannot find any resemblence to none of his parents. He seems to be a fine and nice chap, but surely the least handsome of the 4 CP-children. It´s really surprising taking to account how goodlooking both Mary and frederik are...!

Why anyone with a right mind would say this about a 9 year old child is beyond me. Christian is a sweet little boy he always looks happy he is lovely and certainly doesnt need to be judged on his looks as a child. :ermm:

:previous:
Why anyone with a right mind would say this about a 9 year old child is beyond me. Christian is a sweet little boy he always looks happy he is lovely and certainly doesnt need to be judged on his looks as a child. :ermm:
Thank you helenbee. I agree.
I wish the children would be left out of the "looks" discussions.

I know this is a unpopular thing to say about children. But if everybody´s claiming how "cute" all the royal kids are, it must be possible to say, in comparision with his siblings, the norwegian or greek royal children for instance, Christian is a bit more "the average". As a baby and a toddler he was a gorgeous little boy. I´m not one of those who state that every child was looking good, nice, whatever, only because it´s a child. No offence intended. It´s just that I think he sticks out when I look at his younger brother and sisters!

He is a fine bonny boy with many years in front of him in which to create his own looks and personality,his name is Christian and that is who he will always be.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

But if everybody´s claiming how "cute" all the royal kids are, it must be possible to say, in comparision with his siblings, the norwegian or greek royal children for instance, Christian is a bit more "the average". As a baby and a toddler he was a gorgeous little boy. I´m not one of those who state that every child was looking good, nice, whatever, only because it´s a child. No offence intended. It´s just that I think he sticks out when I look at his younger brother and sisters!

Not all royal/other children are "cute" or "pretty" or whatever, far from it.
Most of them are pretty "average" or "ordinary". (Not in a negative way).
I've thought exactly the same about some of the kids in families you mention....but I keep that opinion to myself. :flowers:

I think it's really unfortunate to judge children on their looks. Like most people, I too think that there are children who are more plain than others – obviously we all have our own definitions of beauty, but I also think it's most appropriate to keep such things to oneself. Such comments tend to do more harm than good and impose a very unhealthy ideal of beauty onto children.

I know this is a unpopular thing to say about children. But if everybody´s claiming how "cute" all the royal kids are, it must be possible to say, in comparision with his siblings, the norwegian or greek royal children for instance, Christian is a bit more "the average". As a baby and a toddler he was a gorgeous little boy. I´m not one of those who state that every child was looking good, nice, whatever, only because it´s a child. No offence intended. It´s just that I think he sticks out when I look at his younger brother and sisters!

Well you said it and there is a reason why it's unpopular. Because anyone saying this about any child just boggles my mind. I don't care if they are Royal or not.

You are right about Christian "sticking out", because I think he is the one who is the most even mix of both parents in his facial features. I know some see Mary more, but I've never seen it. The other reason he "sticks out" is because he has turned into a young man who obviously cares a great deal about people and it just shone like a beacon during the trip to Greenland. Part of that is training of course, but from watching how he interacted w/people during that trip thanks to the pictures and videos, you could tell how much was training and how much just natural instinct on his part.

How many nine year olds do you know who possess such abilities?

Plus he has the most incredible striking eyes I think I've ever seen. Such a brilliant piercing blue. Just gorgeous!!

Combine all that and what a wonderful thing Christian, in your words, "sticks out".

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

There are naturally children who are less than pretty, indeed children who are downright ugly. Of course there is, not everyone can be pretty, why else have ugly-duckling stories?
However, when it comes to the looks someone is born with, especially children, the old advise about "if you haven't got anything nice to say, be quiet" is very sound IMO. - Otherwise it backfires on the adult saying it.

Should Christian when he is say thirteen decide to dye his hair blue and sport a mohawk, then he's fair game, because that's not how he was born - I hope!

And for the record: I personally don't think Christian is the least pretty of the DRF children, that prize goes to someone else. But that's a name I'll keep to myself.
Having said that there is a good chance that child will turn into a swan one day.

On the other hand, constantly telling children they are beautiful or pretty is unhealthy I believe. (Parents and especially grandparents are excused.:p) But that's another debate.

Well, beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. I think Christian is a normal, average looking boy what is fine. To be honest, no royal child comes to my mind that is exceptionally beautiful and draws people by looks. I understand the word 'cute' in a way that has to do with the way little children or youths are, but not with regard to beauty.

IMO, what makes children beautiful is their innocent, unlined faces and their wide-open, eager eyes. They haven't yet been touched by cynicism, tragedy, or hatred. Those things show in our faces. It's so sad to see children who are the victims of war, hunger, etc. They've lost much of their innocence. I sometimes wonder what happened to the boy (in Myranmar, I think) who cried when he told Mary about losing his family, and I hope things are better for him now.

I make it a point to never make kids the brunt of my jokes. I try not to even comment on what they are wearing unless my opinion is good (although the clothing is a reflection of the parents, usually).

Whilst I agree that Christian is not the cutest out of Mary's children, I don't think he's not sweet or ugly. He's very charming and seems to be a rather considerate and caring little boy. I also think it's a little harsh how some criticise children's looks, as they're only young. It's not the same as judging adults for me. I also do think children can be beautiful. For me, the Princess of Asturias, Raphael (Monaco, am unaware of his last name), Margarita Armstrong-Jones and the Duchess of Gotland are beautiful. Though I do think that every child is sweet or cute in their own special way, be it in looks or personality (for me, I find some children cute because of their personality - Princess Isabella is one).

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Well, each person has its definition of beauty, of course not all children are beautiful.

I can go to the market and hear people say about my cousin that she's the most beautiful baby they've seen, other children are present and have no compliments. There are children that their beauty takes the normal eye by far (if that's the right way to say).

Of course the same applies with Christian, I never regarded him as a beauty, but he is handsome and very well-behaved. I would find beautiful royal children as Princess Leonor of Spain, Princess Alexia of The Netherlands, Prince Gabriel of Belgium, Princess Maria-Caroline of Liechstentein, Margarita Armstrong-Jones. But that's my definition of beauty. But ALL royal children have their own special charm, they're cute on their own way.

But I've made a mistake in the past, I called a couple of years ago Princess Olympia as a horse-mouth and I offended many people here on the board. It was useless what I said and stupid. So I learnt to keep to myself what I really thought of some royal children/teenagers. In that, I think we all should be carefull on what we say, it could hurt many in a way we don't know.

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder as I have always regarded Christian as one of the most attractive of royal children. But perhaps, I have been blinded by his charm and caring towards his parents, siblings, and now we see, his attitude toward his countrymen.if you like/love someone, they will appear beautiful. I could list the royal children whom I deem beautiful, there are a few who are exceptionally beautiful and others who are quite average and those who are quite unattractive when measured against typical standards.it is cruel to judge adults by their appearance only, and much more so to judge children as criticism could be very damaging to their psyche.

Sometimes the plain child grows up to be very beautiful.

There are definitely some plain or awkward looking royal children/teens, who may turn into swans as they age or who may not. There are also some cute or attractive royal children/teens whose looks fade as they age. Consider William and Harry - few would have looked at them 20 years ago and predicted that Harry would grow up to be a looker while William would go prematurely bald.

I think Christian's a cute kid, but I think he's also in an awkward stage. He's 9, he's on the brink of puberty, and in that weird transition from a child's face to an adult's. I think until he decides he's going to grow a moustach several years before he can actually grow one we should lay off.

There is a definite resemblance!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Oh, I believe these children look adorable!
The Crown Princely couple are very lucky to have four children. Given the fact that they both married so late in life, it was all up to God's will. Oh dear, all is well then..

Molly looks a lot like Isabella around the eyes. They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Perhaps Mary's mother Henrietta's genes show up here.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #48, 2014.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

Even though it's a public school (state school) Tranegaardsskolen, which Christian and Isabella attend, is an elite school in regards to grades and reputation. - As such the children going there tends to be of "better families".
As a part of a municipal project the school will now include lessons in rhetoric, performance and debate. That means the children will be taught in giving speeches, face an assembly and take part in a public debate. Also with focus on body language. These lessons will be taught to 7 and 8 graders.
The school has hired a standup comedian, Thomas Wivel, as lecturer and consultant.

That is something novel for public schools and only some high schools and business schools have such lessons. For someone like Bella and Christian such lessons are a necessity, so the sooner the better.
However as Christian still only attends 3 grade, there will be time for finetuning the lessons so he should benefit even more from that in a few years.
However, the comedian may also give the 3 graders a few lessons next year and there are plans for the 3 graders to learn to address a larger assembly next spring.

Last edited:
Thank Muhler :flowers:

It will indeed be very useful for Christian and Isabella. And the rest of the children as well. Many children and young people feel uncomfortable by presenting something to the class or a bigger crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom