Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News Part 2: January 2013 - November 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: And there are also the teachers who are not members of the regular unions, but instead are members of what we may call independent unions, what we in DK usually call "yellow unions". They are for the most part not lock-outed either.

The lock-out is getting pretty annoying, now having started on its fourth week. The result has long since been decided. I.e. that the teachers will have to comply to the terms dictated by the Organisation of Municipalities, which run the state/public schools in DK. All it needs is a government intervention.
But since the government has been cuaght with their pants down in this issue, they now hesitate to intervene so as not to give the impression that the whole thing has been agreed on beforehand. - Aaand because a hot, very, very hot, 1st May is comming up!
Where the government members, which is supposed to be centre-left, but in reality has pursued a policy well to the right of the former right wing government are going to defend their policy at 1st May gatherings - in front of the unions and their voters who are hopping mad!
I can tell you in all honesty that politics here in DK has never in my lifetime been so entertaining, nor so baffling!

So it may not be until early May before Christian will be able to go to school as normal again. But many hours are now missing so that means that some of the summerholiday may have to be cancelled in order to make up - again annoying everybody.
On a more personal level; our oldest is leaving school this year and his final examins are now threathned if this continues for much longer. Not to mention that the final brushing up before the examins haven't taken place because of the lockout.

Oh yes, this April has indeed been The Month of the Grandparents, who have been mobillized en masse here in DK to look after the younger children. Fortunately the DRF children are in a position where the work of their parents is flexible and they have nannies, but nevertheless I can well imagine grandpapa Henrik having stepped in a couple of times. :p
and I guess they can have teachers to make Christian to catch up and not miss the summer holiday!

How lovely to see Princess Benedikte there celebrating Bella (or, in a car getting there ;)).

On a more personal level; our oldest is leaving school this year and his final examins are now threathned if this continues for much longer. Not to mention that the final brushing up before the examins haven't taken place because of the lockout.

I really feel for him and hope, for him and all of this years graduating students, that the lockout soon will end. Having recently (three years ago, but time flies and it's recently in my mind :p) been taking my finals, I know how important those last months are, and it must be absolutely dreadful to be robbed of an entire month (maybe even longer, who knows how long they're gonna stretch it :ermm:).

and I guess they can have teachers to make Christian to catch up and not miss the summer holiday!

I haven't really been keeping track of the lock-out lately, but I did hear someone say on the news that they wouldn't shorten the summer holiday. If they can't catch up on the lost lessons before the summer holiday starts (and doesn't look like they can now), then the children will have extra lessons in the next school year to catch up.

The real problem is for the pupils who are graduating this year and need their grades to get accepted at their school of choice for next year, it won't be easy to find a way for them to catch up.

So Christian might have to stay longer some days next year (which Isabella can tease him about when she gets off earlier than him :ROFLMAO:) but other than that, he shouldn't be affected too much.

Such lovely pictures of Princess Isabella.She is her father's daughter.:)

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #17, 2013.
Isabellas dejlige dag - Isabella's lovely day.
Written by our sentinel at Amalienborg Square, Hanne Rask.

Who was busy observing the comings and goings on the square.

The first guests arrived at 10.30. They were Peter Heering and his two daughters, Emilie and Rosemarie. They only stayed for half an hour.
Then Frederik and Christian were seen driving out from the mansion only to return around 14.00.
The majority of the guests were invited for lunch at 12.00. Among them were Birgitte Handwerk with her daughter India.
Jacob Reese and Anna-Sofie with their daughters Matilda and Rebecca.
Michael and Rikke Juul Brandt with their three children.
And also Malou Skeel and Julie Mølsgaard.

Cakes were served for lunch because an attractive looking delivery-lady from Serenity Cupcakes was observed at the (back) entrance at 13.30.

QMII arrived at 15.15 and stayed until 16.30.

The guests left after 17.00.

Joachim was observed taking bette Henrik for bicycle ride between 11.00-12.00. - There is no mentioning as to whether they also attended the birthday party. - Most likely not because our Marie was observed taking bette Henrik for yet another ride around 13.00. While Joachim at the same time was seen going for a stroll with Marie's brother Charles Cavallier.

Vincent and Josephine are started in day nursery/kindergarten :flowers:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/r270/23959_476862352385534_749161673_n.jpg

Lene Balleby confirms to a weekly Danish magazine "I can confirm that Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine is in the process of starting quietly up in the nursery/kindergarten." (We say 'indkørelseperiode' in Danish, don't know what it's called in English. Please help me, Danish members) The kindergarten is called 'Garnisons Sogns Menigheds Børnehave' and is the same kindergarten Isabella goes to. Surely a nice thing for Vincent and Josephine.

You can visit the kindergarten's website here:
Garnisonskirken - Menighedsbørnehave

* The headline says kindergarten, but the kindergarten is a so-called toddler kindergarten and has children from 2 years and up.

Last edited:
Lene Balleby confirms to a weekly Danish magazine "I can confirm that Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine is in the process of starting quietly up in the nursery/kindergarten." (We say 'indkørelseperiode' in Danish, don't know what it's called in English. Please help me, Danish members) The kindergarten is called 'Garnisons Sogns Menigheds Børnehave' and is the same kindergarten Isabella goes to. Surely a nice thing for Vincent and Josephine.

I'd say that they're being 'enrolled' in the nursery because I don't think there is a such word as 'indkørselsperiode' in English (at least I've never used a such one), but I might be wrong :p

It's also the nursery/kindergarten that Prince Henrik, the younger, is going to when Joachim and Marie are in Copenhagen, so the twins definitely aren't gonna be lonely.

I'd say that they're being 'enrolled' in the nursery because I don't think there is a such word as 'indkørselsperiode' in English (at least I've never used a such one), but I might be wrong :p

Yes 'enrolled' can probably be used :flowers: It's sometimes difficult to translate because there are Danish words you simply can't translate to English.

The kindergarten is located just 500 meters from Amalienborg. Very convenient ;)

You can see a map here:
Google Maps

Last edited:
Adjustment period would be a fitting description. I.e. a period where the children attend only for a short period every day initially. Adjusting them to being away from home and being with other children and adults.

Christian went through such a period. Presumably Isabella as well. But younger siblings often need a shorter period, because they are used to older children, that is, their siblings and their friends.
While the oldest sometimes go trhough a culture shock where they need to learn that they are no longer the centre of the universe. :p

The lockout is over. The government has intervened.
That means Christian will go back to school as normal on Monday.

Tomorrow Friday is a holyday here in DK anyway.

This will also involve QMII.
The Parliament will convene in an extraordinary session (they had this Friday off) Friday. Here the bill for the intervention will run through the Parliament. The government has naturally ensured a majority for the intervention beforehand.

The bill will go through three sessions.
In the first sessions the different parties will state their views, stands and voice their opinion about the bill.

Then the bill will be worked on in a relevant committee. That normally takes time, but as this bill is merely a formality, we are talking perhaps a couple of hours. The bill will normally also be modified in accordance with what the majority and the individual parties want. That is also unlikely here.

Then the bill will go through a second session, where it will be debated and that is going to take some time.
Any suggestions for modifications of the bill will be voted on and they are most likely all to be rejected.

Time for the third and final session.
Here the bill itself (modified or not) will be put up for vote and in all likelyhood pass.

The Chairman of the Parliament will then announce that the bill has been voted through and that it is now law.

However, the law is not valid until the Monarch, Regent or Rigsforstander has signed the law. And here QMII comes in.
I guess she will sign the law late Friday or early Saturday.

The law cannot be executed until it has been published in Statstidende, so that the public is officially informed. Nowadays that happens online and that is also going to take place during the weekend.

So no sleeping late for Christian on Monday.

Last edited:
It seems odd to me that Joachim's children do not attend their cousins birthday parties.......especially when they are staying next door

Nikolai and Felix probably are with Alexandra and Martin, Athena is too young to fully enjoy (other people's) birthday parties, and it looks like Henrik was attending (but I'm not completely sure. Marie was, at least). Nothing odd about that.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1044554_508098302595272_42849680_n.jpg

While I searched for a Crown Prince Frederik page on Facebook I saw that a woman last weekend (Saturday) has written this on her Facebook profile. She writes: "I just had the great pleasure to speak a few words with Crown Prince Frederik." Later she adds that "she met him at a harbor because he was with his son Christian to a (sport) summer meeting because Christian sails optimistjolle (= a small little boat.. I dosen't have a clue what it is called in English)

So if the woman speaks the truth (can't see why she shouldn't do) it seems that Christian goes in his father's footsteps and have started to go to sailing :)

Last edited:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1044554_508098302595272_42849680_n.jpg

While I searched for a Crown Prince Frederik page on Facebook I saw that a woman last weekend (Saturday) has written this on her Facebook profile. She writes: "I just had the great pleasure to speak a few words with Crown Prince Frederik." Later she adds that "she met him at a harbor because he was with his son Christian to a (sport) summer meeting because Christian sails optimistjolle (= a small little boat.. I dosen't have a clue what it is called in English)

So if the woman speaks the truth (can't see why she shouldn't do) it seems that Christian goes in his father's footsteps and have started to go to sailing :)

thank you for bringing the news note:flowers:
I bet Frederik would love if one or all of his kids follow his footsteps into sailing.

Only a couple of weeks and then Isabella will starts in school. Where has the time gone!!! We know that she will starts in the same school as Christian, but do we know what day that is her first day of school? August 12th maybe?

I'm hoping for a little photo opportunity of Bella with her schoolbag and her lovely toothless smile :D

The kids I know begin school again on the twelfth. I don't know about new little students though, in my school district the "børnehaveklassebørn" usually start a couple of days later than the rest of the children.

A big happy birthday to Christian :) As you probably know, Christian celebrates his birthday today. As always when M+F's children have birthdays mommy Mary has been behind their home camera and captured Christian in some lovely pictures and publiced them on the royal family's website.

Dear, he has grown so big, he's not a little boy anymore. He is such a fine mix of both Mary and Frederik.

http://kongehuset.dk/Menu/Presse/pressefotos/prins-christian-otte-arbillede2.img

http://kongehuset.dk/Menu/Presse/pressefotos/prins-christian-otte-arbillede1.img

http://kongehuset.dk/Menu/Presse/pressefotos/prins-christian-otte-arbillede3.img

Last edited:
beautiful photos of christian
he grows up so fast!! handsome young boy :) mary takes really great natural photos,, love the nature in the background any idea about where it is? trend maybe :)

Last edited:
Prince Christian is so grown up!
He is very handsome... :flowers:
I don't believe that he is 8 years old now.

A very handsome boy ! He looks like his father !!!

He looks like his father in the first 2 pictures and Mary in the last picture. Lovely birthday pictures taken by Mary.

I saw Muhler somewhere wrote about identifies the place Mary has taken the pictures...

FasterB taught me once that if you save the picture files on your computer, you can see the time the pictures were taken. Mary took the pictures of Christian Saturday around at 2 p.m. And Frederik and Mary were Friday evening in Aarhus with Margrethe and Henrik, so my guess is Marselisborg? Couldn't it look like the nature and the lake around Marselisborg?

I think M+F and children is in Trend now.

Last edited:
I saw Muhler somewhere wrote about identifies the place Mary has taken the pictures...

FasterB taught me once that if you save the picture files on your computer, you can see the time the pictures were taken. Mary took the pictures of Christian Saturday around at 2 p.m. And Frederik and Mary were Friday evening in Aarhus with Margrethe and Henrik, so my guess is Marselisborg? Couldn't it look like the nature and the lake around Marselisborg?

I think M+F and children is in Trend now.

Doesn't look like Marselisborg to me. There is no lake of this size inside the park.
This looks like a park to me, and not a public part of a park - otherwise someone would have noticed Mary snapping away. Especially Saturday afternoon and with the weather being fine.
Doesn't look like Trend to me either. Trend is more wild and there is no lake this size near the lodge.
However, the relatively well manicured forest and the lakes fits well with Frijsenborg Manor. So perhaps they made a pit stop there on the way to Trend? - And there just happens to be a nice lake just like this right in front of the manor.
I know that area pretty well, because we often go to restaurant Pøt Mølle, located near Frijsenborg.

Last edited:
However, the relatively well manicured forest and the lakes fits well with Frijsenborg Manor. So perhaps they made a pit stop there on the way to Trend? - And there just happens to be a nice lake just like this right in front of the manor.
Or Birkelse Gods in Aabybro? It's owned by their good friends, the Skeel family. In photos, a river can be seen right next to the manor.
IIRC, it's about 50km from Trend.

Last edited:
Or Birkelse Gods in Aabybro? It's owned by their good friends, the Skeel family. In photos, a river can be seen right next to the manor.
IIRC, it's about 50km from Trend.

Very possible. Ryå (å = small river/stream) is pretty wide when it passes the estate.

If so, this I think would be the likely (and private) place Mary could snap Christian: http://www.birkelse.dk/billeder/gods.jpg

If M&F left Marselisborg after breakfast they could comfortably get to Birkelse Gods before lunch - even with four "I-have-to-go-now" children in the car.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom