Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News Part 2: January 2013 - November 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roskilde-Have the CP couple's children returned to school yet?

:previous:

Yes. All Danish school children returned to school 4 weeks ago :)

A rather sweet and charming detail I saw on Facebook.

You know, the court announced that Frederik has agreed to be the patron of the Artic Games in Greenland next year. Greenland is naturally happy and proud. No doubt that F&M has a special relationship with Greenland. And Frederik, Mary and children have clearly a very special place in the hearts of Greenland.

On Greenland's largest newspaper's Facebook page they posted the news with these words:

"Minik and Ivalo's father also support the AWG2016"
https://www.facebook.com/Sermitsiaq.AG/posts/10153607302127458

(In Greenland Vincent and Josephine are always called their Greenlandic names Minik and Ivalo) :)

:previous:That is very cute. What a very nice gesture in giving the names from Greenland.
Here's hoping that Minik and Ivalo join their dad during the games ;)

What a dapper young lad Christian is and what great pictures :wub:
This picture is the loveliest, I think, but they're all extraordinary (and yay, a surprise appearance from Ziggy! :D)

Last edited:
On the occasion of Christian's 10th birthday today Kongehuset has published four wonderful new HQ official pictures:

(...)

Christian is such a lovely and dapper boy. Really nice new picture! Those confident striking blue eyes... :wub: A happy, loving, confident boy. A natural talent in his role. Well done Frederik and Mary!

I hope Christian will have a nice birthday with father, mother and siblings (and not least Ziggy) :daneflag:

Last edited:
Nice official pics.

Here are more and a very flattering article about Christian in BT: http://www.bt.dk/royale/tillykke-prins-christian-den-modige-prins-fylder-10

This bit I think is worth translating:
That he is something special dawned on the bright Prince at a very early age. Crown Prince Frederik said in an interview back in 2008 that the little Prince already as a three year old wondered about his lacking last name. Crown Prince Frederik told in the same interview how he and Crown Princess Mary had answered their curious son:
"We tell our children that they are accomplished and that they look like anyone else around them. But they are not as common/ordinary as they think they are. That they are special in our hearts. That's what we told them, when they asked why they don't have a last name".

And Jyllands Posten has compiled a number of video clips from Christian's life: Prins Christian runder et "skarpt hjørne" - Kultur

Last edited by a moderator:
BT has now posted the new official pictures and they writes and means to know that the Crown Prince family are celebrating Christian's birthday in North Jutland - which must mean Trend :flowers:

BT had posted a special happy-birthday video to Christian on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/ditbt/vide...642724818/?type=2&theater&notif_t=video_reply

TV2 gallery:
Tillykke til prins Christian: Se billederne af hans første 10 år | Nyheder

BB has also made a lovely video of Christian's first 10 years:
VIDEO: 10 år skønne år med prins Christian | billedbladet.dk

Lots of greetings to Christian on Facebook and social media.
If the CP-family is in the Trend lodge he probably not see them - poor or no internet connection there I guess :p

Many mention how much Christian looks like his father. A little mini-Frederik. (I do see a lot Mary in him as well though)

This picture in particular - totally like seeing Frederik IMO - and haven't we have seen an official picture of Frederik sitting and looking the exact same way? :)

Last edited:
I think that physically Christian looks like Mary, he also looks a lot like Mary's father but his gestures and body language are from Fred.

Wonderful pictures of a handsome young man. This is the result of the Viking raids of old when they kidnapped beautiful women and brought them back to improve the gene pool. I would say it worked - or maybe there's something in the water in the northern climes. ;)

Happy birthday, Christian! He definitely has John Donaldson's eyes, but everything else is Frederik.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

A very good looking young gentleman - and Denmark must be very proud of him.

Beautiful pictures. And what already handsome little gentleman. He will burn many hearts :flowers:

Last edited:
What a handsome young man, so grown up at only 10!! I love the new pictures!!!!
The Danish court and his parents are wonderful about letting us into their lives just enough, thank you to them!!!

The official pictures are just wonderful
Nye officielle billeder - Kongehuset

He looks so grown up but at the same time still a child
this one really captures him, and i love that he is a little bit more formal but without a tie. ;)
http://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe...cielle-billeder-af-hkh.+Prins+Christian-2.img

He reminds me so much of Frederik in this picture, I think there is one of Frederik, i think around his 30th birthday or an interview around that time, were they look identical
http://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe...cielle-billeder-af-hkh.+Prins+Christian-3.img
edit:
this one
http://cdn.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7215&d=1054085170

and its beautiful that they include Ziggy!

Happy Birthday to him
a lovely photo of father and son
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi...public/storage_1/media/2_11.jpg?itok=-COo1MKc

Another gallery
GALLERI: Prins Christian | Billed Bladet

Last edited by a moderator:
Time flies, he's so grown up and he's a super handsome pre-teen. This boy will break a lot of hearts in some years, I tell you ;)

He's a great mixture of both parents, I think. He used to look like Mary when he was little but now he clearly favours Frederik.

The evening TV-news TVavisen has just shown the new pictures. And they told the daily news program Aftenshowet will also cover Christian's 10th birthday with for example with a look on how F&M prepares him with among BB's Ulrik Ulriken.

It is on DR, so it should be available via live stream (starts now)
https://www.dr.dk/tv/live/dr1/

I think that physically Christian looks like Mary, he also looks a lot like Mary's father but his gestures and body language are from Fred.

I agree – he's got Mary's looks and Frederik's mannerism. A great combination.

I agree – he's got Mary's looks and Frederik's mannerism. A great combination.

Frederik's mannerism for a few years now, yes, but never Mary's looks, IMO. I've always thought he takes after John Donaldson mostly.
With Frederik's bright blue eyes.

What a handsome young man, so grown up at only 10!! I love the new pictures!!!!
The Danish court and his parents are wonderful about letting us into their lives just enough, thank you to them!!!

Prince Christian could marry Eléonore of Belgium, assuming of course she would agree to convert to Lutheranism. Well, I know it won't happen, but I miss that time when all European royals were close cousins !

Prince Christian could marry Eléonore of Belgium, assuming of course she would agree to convert to Lutheranism. Well, I know it won't happen, but I miss that time when all European royals were close cousins !

Is there a requirement in Denmark for the whole Royal family being members of the Church of Denmark? I know that both the wife and daughter of Prince Valdemar were catholics.

:previous: The Monarch, the Regent and a Rigsforstander have to be member of the Lutheran state church, but the rest of the DRF need not.

So Eleonore can remain Catholic, but she can never be a Rigsforstander.

Is there a requirement in Denmark for the whole Royal family being members of the Church of Denmark? I know that both the wife and daughter of Prince Valdemar were catholics.

I don't think there is a legal requirement, but both Henri (Henrik) and Marie, who were originally Catholic, and Mary, who was Presbyterian, converted to Lutheranism. Conversely, Astrid of Sweden, who was originally Lutheran, eventually converted to Roman Catholicism, but only long after she married Leopold of Belgium.

:previous: The Monarch, the Regent and a Rigsforstander have to be member of the Lutheran state church, but the rest of the DRF need not.

So Eleonore can remain Catholic, but she can never be a Rigsforstander.

Then again the only royal consort to ever be rigsforstander was Queen Ingrid so that wouldn't be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom