Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News Part 2: January 2013 - November 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh fancy! Getting her hair did like a proper lady!

Great photos. I bet Isabella would love her school friends to make the same trip and experience the same things she did. Minus the Yucky Eels!!! I see that they have given her extra links for the bracelet that can be added as she gets older. It is a nice looking set. Bracelet and pendant on a gold chain.
For a lively girl of her age she did a great job putting on her serious face for some photos.

I love Isabella's hairstyle and it looks like a variation on a french braid. They are pretty easy to do, all he (or whoever) had to do was work horizontally instead of vertically and then play with the loose tail end.

I'm betting that we are going to see an awful lot of girls her age and older wearing their hair in variations of this. How fun to start a fashion trend when you are only that age. :flowers:

:previous: Well, braids and especially elaborate braids is high fashion right now, certainly here in Northern Europe.

I have a thirteen year old daughter and she and her friends are wearing all sorts of weird braids.
But that's Mrs. Muhler's department. While I can make braids I'm way too slow for a teenager. :frazzled::D

Last edited:
:previous: Nice. :)

Now I look forward for the twins to be old enough for their first day on the job.
There must to be a couple of decent sized ferries somewhere in need of a name. But Vincent is a problem. While M/F Prinsesse Josephine sounds fine, M/F Prins Vincent? Nah. It doesn't ring.
However M/F Prins Minik, that works! ;)

Would be nice with a couple of Greenlandic ferries named Prins minik and Prinsesse Ivalo, eh? :cool:

Isabella is a real cutie. She looks so much like her father and in one picture very much like HMQ ... but then that follows since Frederick looks so much like his mother. She did an excellent job.

Gallery from Australian Woman's Day:
Sailing into success! Princess Isabella of Denmark impresses at first royal engagement with proud Mary by her side | Woman's Day

Gallery from German Bunte:
Mary von Dänemark: Erster Arbeitstag für ihren Schatz! | BUNTE.de

:previous: Nice. :)

Now I look forward for the twins to be old enough for their first day on the job.
There must to be a couple of decent sized ferries somewhere in need of a name. But Vincent is a problem. While M/F Prinsesse Josephine sounds fine, M/F Prins Vincent? Nah. It doesn't ring.
However M/F Prins Minik, that works! ;)

Would be nice with a couple of Greenlandic ferries named Prins minik and Prinsesse Ivalo, eh? :cool:

It would indeed be cool! And not at all unlikely that it will happen.
Looks forward to the twins first day on job as well, especially if it will be a common first day on job, there will be action with those two together (;

Last edited:
With these new photos, I think she is the image of her grandmother, especially those profile shots with the hair drawn back - you can really see it there.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #24, 2015.
Written by Trine Larsen.

BB of course has a massive coverage of Bella's first day on the job, with a number of very good pics BTW!

Bella performed her tasks with little but discreet guidance from mother in the form of a little nod here and there or a reassuring smile, the few times Bella looked at Mary for directions.
Sporting a Dutch braid (that's what it's called in DK at least) Bellas was met by several hundred locals at the port of Sælby where the ferry was to be baptized. After shaking hands with lots of people it was time for official business. She listened politely and patiently to the speeches and smiled when her name was mentioned.
After having smashed a bottle of cranberry juice against the ferry she got a jewellery set as a present and she exclaimed: Wauww, how nice neat/nice".
She certainly liked it, because she must have put on the necklace already on the way to the next event.

But it wasn't all about naming ferries, because Bella and mother was driven a few kilometers away to the farm that supplied the cranberry juice and here Mary and daughter was put to work picking (and testing...) strawberries, ensuring that the whole family had more than enough fresh strawberries for dessert that evening.
Bella is seen posing a little shy with a box of strawberries.

Okay, next and final event was the nature school, where there were a number of pettable animals, such as Swedish gute-sheep, who very practical don't need to be sheared, they just drop their coat. But Bella had fun hand-feeding the animals.
She was also taught about a stuffed fox and duck, and Bella had to feel how sharp the fox' teeth were.
Okay, time for some birds. Bella posed with a big horned owl, half the size of herself. They can BTW become 40 years old. The owl looked pretty untroubled by the many wacky humans around.
Less so for a falcon! Sitting on Bella's arm, the bird appeared to take a look at the human girl who made sure to keep her arm very straight and her face as far as possible away from the beak and intimidating talons, and decided to take off. But the falconeer (or whatever it's called in English) had things under control.
But a fourteen day old falcon chick, now that was a more manageable (and less intimidating) size! In fact the chick was decidedly cute and very petteble. The handler, Louise Vedel Munk-Petersen said: "This fourteen days old falcon chick is also on its first job, so we wondered whether we can call it Isabella"? No problem!

The nature school is located right next to a shallow fjord, so Mary and Bella donned waders and proceeded out into the water to have a look at the wildlife there, in the shape of crabs, fish and shrimps. Bella marched confidently into the water with mother trailing somewhere behind.
Okay it was pretty interesting to learn about the animals but to actually hold a live, moving crab? Nah! "Eeiw, they are disgusting and gross". Mary laughed and asked whether she really wouldn't like to hold one anyway. Bella was not persuaded... Back on dry land Bella was asked what she liked the most about visiting the school: "To fish in those long... waders and then holding that eagle and those falcons".
The "eagle's" civilian title is actually Great Horned Owl, but then Bella is only eight and she has had a lot of experiences that day, so who cares?

Bella wore a blazer from Zara Kids. A top from Norlie. Ballarinas from Petit, by Sofie Schnoor.
Mary wore a blazer from Alexander McQueen and earrings from Marianne Dulong.

You can find the report here: https://app.box.com/s/efscj77cu8juxwabrsqq1za4f7mzo1n8
(Cool it. ;) The files are big, please allow a couple of seconds to load).

Last edited:
New video:

BB has published a new /and very nice) video from Bella's big day at Samsø with mother. Enjoy it :flowers:

NY VIDEO: Se interviewet med søde Isabella på Samsø | Billed Bladet

Bella's top are from Danish Norlie to 199 kr. (about 25 Euros)
http://norlie.dk/graphic-dots-top-kg-8214/

And a blazer from Zara Kids to 299 kr. (about 40 Euro)
http://www.zara.com/dk/da/børn/pige...kets/jacket-with-pockets-c358080p2642004.html

It's are by the way some very 'down to earth' and common prices for clothes to children in Denmark.

Frederik and Mary have always been happy with the Danish children's brand Norlie.

Last edited:
Australia's New Idea and Woman's Day magazines are out this week with both featuring a 2 page spread about Prss Isabella and her mother on Samso Island. The photos are very good. Never mind the story which I admittedly haven't bothered to read yet. But I am happy they did a good job with the photos.

:previous:

Thanks for the information, Tarlita.

I also saw both magazines covered the visit on their Facebook pages well. Great they proudly follow their former countryman so well.

I'm curious about to see when the CP family will visit Australia/Tasmania again. I have the feeling that it soon will be. Mary is the patron of the Tasmanian University's anniversary in October this year. I think we will see them Down Under there.

Looking at the children and how they behave on the clips we have seen and from what we know of them, I thought it would be fun to classify and perhaps predict how the children will turn out.
I realize this is based on very little but if I'm right, you read it here first. :p

Bella: Is anyone in doubt that she is the outgoing performer of the four? She is the performing artist.
Perhaps she will take up ballet like farmor Margrethe?
And just like farmor she may develop an interest in involving herself with dance companies, besides her day job as supporting royal.
There are plenty of performing artists within the circle of friends of M&F, so she is already pretty familiar with the environment.
She resembles her mother IMO, because there is a little performing artist inside Mary, just waiting to come out. (Mary has after all been reported to play air-guitar on stage).

Vincent: He is the creative artist in the family, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind about that. A gentle soul. I wonder what kind of art he will use to express himself?
Frederik is known to be very interested in art, but he lacks the skills to express it. But Vincent I think will have inherited farmor and grandpapa's artistic talent.

Josephine: I have very little to base this on but instinct. But my instinct screams that she is the scientist in the family. That she has inherited John Donaldson's intellect.

Christian: Surprisingly he is the most difficult for me to categorize. For one thing he is the sensible, responsible older brother. Being used to younger siblings looking up to him - sometimes. :p
To me he is a mix of Mary and Frederik but mostly Frederik, albeit a less shy and more confident Frederik.

- I have not compared the children to anyone in Mary's family but John Donaldson, simply because I don't know how her family is.

Bella: Is anyone in doubt that she is the outgoing performer of the four? She is the performing artist.
She's done that years ago, hasn't she? And we have seen her doing pirouettes and dance moves.

She's done that years ago, hasn't she? And we have seen her doing pirouettes and dance moves.

She has certainly been dancing for a few years now, but I meant on a more regular scale, perhaps even as an amateur ballet dancer. Or perhaps as a dance choreographer?

Looking at the children and how they behave on the clips we have seen and from what we know of them, I thought it would be fun to classify and perhaps predict how the children will turn out.
I realize this is based on very little but if I'm right, you read it here first. :p

And just like farmor she may develop an interest in involving herself with dance companies, besides her day job as supporting royal.
There are plenty of performing artists within the circle of friends of M&F, so she is already pretty familiar with the environment.
She resembles her mother IMO, because there is a little performing artist inside Mary, just waiting to come out. (Mary has after all been reported to play air-guitar on stage).

Vincent: He is the creative artist in the family, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind about that. A gentle soul. I wonder what kind of art he will use to express himself?
Frederik is known to be very interested in art, but he lacks the skills to express it. But Vincent I think will have inherited farmor and grandpapa's artistic talent.

Josephine: I have very little to base this on but instinct. But my instinct screams that she is the scientist in the family. That she has inherited John Donaldson's intellect.

Christian: Surprisingly he is the most difficult for me to categorize. For one thing he is the sensible, responsible older brother. Being used to younger siblings looking up to him - sometimes. :p
To me he is a mix of Mary and Frederik but mostly Frederik, albeit a less shy and more confident Frederik.

- I have not compared the children to anyone in Mary's family but John Donaldson, simply because I don't know how her family is.

I think this is a pretty good analysis ;)
They might be a bit young but clearly these kids are outdoors/action kids.
For Christian his gestures remind me so much of Frederik but like you said less shy and more confident at that age.
for me, he and Josephine are a bit similar.
also me thinks, Vincent will be our next action prince like Frederik

Hello, Muhler: Here in the US, we actually have an impressive ship named The USS Carl Vinson. It's an aircraft carrier out of San Diego. You can google it. Little Vincent would probably be overwhelmed with this one. Although my 8 yr old Grandson was thrilled to see it.

Hello, Muhler: Here in the US, we actually have an impressive ship named The USS Carl Vinson. It's an aircraft carrier out of San Diego. You can google it. Little Vincent would probably be overwhelmed with this one. Although my 8 yr old Grandson was thrilled to see it.

Carl Vinson? That's a seriously big one!
I actually remember building that ship as a model kit. Along with the aircraft carrier picking up Apollo 11. (Can't remember the name off hand though) :)

You are right. But Christian too would probably have his jaw dangling somewhere between his knees as well. :eek:

While Bella would think it a great stage for her to dance around - and Josephine would start calculating the dimensions. :p Well, perhaps not, but I just think she has very intelligent eyes.

Last edited:
Christian does seem to be responsible, and not too shy. He'll be a good role model for his siblings. Isabella - I can see her becoming a ballerina. As for the twins, Vincent does seem like a gentle soul. Remember in Greenland, he picked flowers for his mother? Maybe Muhler is right, and he'll pursue an artistic endeavor - perhaps writing instead of the visual arts. I think it would be neat if one of F & M's children entered the ministry, and Vincent seems the obvious choice. But that probably won't happen due to their positions in the royal family. As for Josephine, she is so observant! Sometimes she looks like she's scowling, but she's just taking in her surroundings, and not missing a thing. Athena seems to have this quality, too. Josephine would probably make a good investigative reporter.

They are lovely children, and it will be interesting to watch them grow up. :)

Now it's almost a year ago since the Crown Prince family's wonderful Greenland trip.

In connection with Henrik and Margrethe today begin their summer cruise in Greenland have Billedbladet made a video with some of the highlights of Christian, Bella, Minik and Ivalo with mom and dad in their dad's beloved Greenland:

VIDEO: De kongelige børn elsker Grønland | billedbladet.dk

Last edited:
There is a little follow up on the first job Isabella had, naming a new ferry.

The number of tourists going to Samsø (and it really is a lovely place BTW) has been record high this summer. - And that is very much due to the new ferry.

Probably not so much because it is named Prinsesse Isabella, even though the publicity didn't hurt, but because the ferry is larger and therefore can carry more passengers, caravans and what not than previous ferries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom