Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News 1: February 2011 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marie confided to us: "The belly is really well, thank you".
There´s that "Belly-person" again :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(**) Arriving in style. She is the Majesty after all. There are rumours of corridors through the basements, which should connect the various palais. Not sure if that is true, if true them may no longer be in use. Whatever, QMII chose to drive.
My mother has told me that there indeed are a corridor between two of the palais - the one where QMII and PH is living and the guestpalais.
Under WWII there was a tunnel/corridor from the palais where King Christian X and Queen Alexandrine lived (the museum palais) and out to a street somewhere close.

Never said they were premature. I said they were a few weeks early....
It wasn´t you, who said it, but Archduchess Zelia :flowers:

Prince vincent and princess Josephine are just 2 cute;):Danish flag:

My twins were walking at 10-11 months, but my singleton daughter was walking at 12-13 months- the Royal Twins seem developmentally on track to me strictly based on photo observations.

There sure seem to be a greater number of either twins or mothers of twins on this thread than average!

(*) I've been meaning to ask our Australian members whether there is an unofficial name for the Australian flag?
I believe I heard it's named The South Cross, is that true? Or did I dream it?

Australian's just call their flag the Australian Flag.
It does however feature the Southern Cross - a set of stars in the sky above Australia - on a dark blue background over the right half of the flag.
The Australian Flag also features the Union Jack in reference to it's history as a British Colony and a white seven pointed star under the Union Jack which represents each of the six States and one point to share for the Territories.
Sometimes older people do say, for example, that they fought under the Southern Cross - meaning that the current flag was flying when they went to war for Australia. Sometimes people also say that they live under the Southern Cross - meaning that Australia is positioned under the Southern Cross in the sky and that they live here.
But no, Muhler, it is not common for Australian's to call their flag anything other than the Australian Flag.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
Thanks, King of the Jungle :flowers:

That explains the misunderstanding.

I know I am a little behind... (free time is very limited with two toddlers at home!) but the pictures released for Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine's birthday were marvelous! I second all of the comments on the lovely kitchen! So normal, right? I wish I could see more of it.

All the pictures were fantastic but I am partial to Prince Vincent :flowers:! The cakes were sweet, too. And I loved the wooden toys (anybody recognizes them? I'm a junkie for wooden, natural toys...!). Prince Christian is so grown-up. I have to say that the last couple of months have not been the best for me but I'm on the mend now and to see pictures of such a lovely family is always very inspiring. It really makes you want to do better for your family every day, doesn't it?

(*) I've been meaning to ask our Australian members whether there is an unofficial name for the Australian flag?
I believe I heard it's named The South Cross, is that true? Or did I dream it?

Australian's just call their flag the Australian Flag.
It does however feature the Southern Cross - a set of stars in the sky above Australia - on a dark blue background over the right half of the flag.
The Australian Flag also features the Union Jack in reference to it's history as a British Colony and a white seven pointed star under the Union Jack which represents each of the six States and one point to share for the Territories.
Sometimes older people do say, for example, that they fought under the Southern Cross - meaning that the current flag was flying when they went to war for Australia. Sometimes people also say that they live under the Southern Cross - meaning that Australia is positioned under the Southern Cross in the sky and that they live here.
But no, Muhler, it is not common for Australian's to call their flag anything other than the Australian Flag.

And all of this, except for the Federation Star (the seven pointed white one) appears on the flag of New Zealand for the same reason - they were also invaded by the British and can see the Southern Cross in the night sky.

Their eyes are so different, the twins

you know looking at these photos again I think Josephine has Mary's eyes in fact that first image I see a lot of Mary in her.
I thought the same thing after seeing this picture. This is a really good shot of Josephine and Mary together for comparison, and you can see that the eye shape is similar, as well as the brow line. She might have the closest resemblance to her mother of all the children. Of course, I might be wrong!

Very Nice Funny Video Oooh The Kids Look amazing I love Them :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Le prince Vincent et la princesse Josephine en famille pour leur premier anniversaire. Le 8 janvier

i think the chair that we see in the back is probably a jabosen charis
Arne Jacobsen Series 7 Chair
i belive expensive ones!

It's definitely the "7" chair.

Come to think of it - these pictures seems to be from the CP couple's private home. Isn't that the first time we've seen pictures from "behind the scenes" in their new place?

I know there was the "official" parts of the palace - their offices etc. that you could visit last year (or was it the year before?) - but we never saw their kitchen etc. Looks stylish with good light, although I find the "7"-chairs uninspirational (you could do alot worse, of course) and the jars in the background looks like something from a magazine. But maybe that's a good thing.

What a happy, spontaneous little girl, is Isabella.
I loved all the photos, because they show her impish, adorable moods.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY little Princess. May God bless you always.

What kind of medal is she wearing in the last picture?
At first I thought it was a Royal Order, but wouldn't she too young to have one.

What kind of medal is she wearing in the last picture?
At first I thought it was a Royal Order, but wouldn't she too young to have one.

That was the church service celebrating Queen Margrethe's Jubilee. I seem to remember there was some sort of medal given out and I guess even the youngsters were gifted with the honors. In the row above you can Mary wearing the same medal at the ceremony.

Last edited:
Australian good wishes for a Happy 5th birthday Princess Isabella!

What a free spririted young lass she is. May she carry that throughout her life! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom