Prince Christian's First Day of Nursery School: March 27, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So that explains why he should bring his lunch in the pack! A sandwiche, bread, cheese, is easier than soup! In Portugal all kids eat soup at luch and some fruit some rice with meat or fish also! Your luch is our break in the afternoon and then again at nigth around 19:30 kids ussualy eat the same has lunch!

Here, in Argentina, little children may carry cookies, sandwiches and whatever they wants, but the kindergarten provides what they would drink at tea time. Sometimes it's only milk, or tea and milk or more currently, chocolate and milk. That's for kindergarten. More younger children and those who stays at school day-long (a thing that I highly disaprove) take their noon meal there, and every school has differents meals.

Vanesa.

Here's another question...do you think the other parents of the other children in Christian's nursery group will be priming their child to befriend little Chris so they indirectly become part of the prince's inner circle later in his life?

When did Prince Frederik meet his earliest "commoner" friend from his school days? Is it Jeppe Handwerk or is he a navy buddy?

As for the King Christian question...won't there be a King Frederik and Queen Mary first?

Princess packs punch in war on schoolyard terror

AS she prepares to become a mother for the second time, Princess Mary is leading the fight to protect her young subjects from the torment of bullies.
Proving again that she is beloved of the Danish people, the anti-bullying program the princess introduced from Australia is being met with great success.

Last week, when she and Crown Prince Frederik took 17-month-old Prince Christian to his first day of kindergarten, they carried with them a purple rucksack linked to the Save the Children program, the Danish equivalent of Tasmania's Better Buddies program.
Save the Children co-ordinator Lars Stilling Netteberg said the rucksack was an "obvious and personal endorsement" of Princess Mary's commitment.

Princess packs punch in war on schoolyard terror - World - smh.com.au

The article also has some quotes from Prince Henrik about his thoughts on Mary and how they are pleased how she has learnt the language so quickly and that she is very charming. I thought that was nice of him.

Does anyone know if he has return to school again or this beginning was just facking?

According to the comments that Mary made to the journalist on Christian's first day, he won't be going to nursery every day of the week.

He is of course still going, the first day was an opportunity for the press to see him, so they could take pictures. By doing this, Fred and Mary want Christian to go to school and not have photographers and journalists at the school door every day.

biboquinhas said:
Does anyone know if he has return to school again or this beginning was just facking?

ldt20 said:
According to the comments that Mary made to the journalist on Christian's first day, he won't be going to nursery every day of the week.

He is of course still going, the first day was an opportunity for the press to see him, so they could take pictures. By doing this, Fred and Mary want Christian to go to school and not have photographers and journalists at the school door every day.

Even so journalists are always seeking for good opportunities so they could take shots without them seeing!;)

I think the little Prince is a very "Serious" fellow who likes to assess the situation before he makes any moves!!!!!!!:neutral:

I think it is a an excellent idea that the child mixes with other little ones of his own age and well done to the CPs for ensuring that it has happened.:)

I think it's great that little Christian gets a chance to go to a "normal" school and have a normal day like every other little guy his age.

biboquinhas said:
Does anyone know if he has return to day care?
He probably has (it is important to attend regularly during the first period where the small children become acquainted with the whole thing). There is nothing about it in the Danish media however - so perhaps the family's wish of no media coverage after the first day has been respected.:)

The Danish Royal Family was always very discrete. I think that the poor little one will feel worse if he sees cameras and paparazzis everytime he is entering to the kindergarten.

Vanesa.

Yes of course I understand that, but sometimes Media can catch photos and information in a more private way and can be discrete!

dazzling said:
Is christian on break now from nursery?
You can basically take as many days 'off' from the pre-school institutions here as you want. Whenever there is something going on in Christian's family he can just attend.
I have worked odd hours myself and always let my own three children stay as much at home as they could during workdays and that was always fine with the institutions they were attending as family time was considered the best thing.

Aquarela said:
I am sorry too. Thanks. :flowers:

Thanks Lena, I'm glad you agree! hehe!

Thanks UserDane for letting us know how pre-schools work in Denmark. Here in Mexico only rich children attend pre-schools and they must go everyday. I think pre-schools can be very challeging for a young child, and I am glad Christian is attendind one.
You're very welcome Aquarela:)
As has been mentioned before these pre-schools institutions are nothing like schools. In Denmark, both parents usually work and most of us put great emphasis of the quality of play time for our kids - so that is basically what attending 'vuggestue' and 'børnehave' is about - the next best thing to being with the parents with the added benefit of having lots of playmates :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like " Moms Day Out". My children went to MDO two times a week and would learn about colors and numbers, ect. It was not something that you must attend each day.

msleiman said:
It sounds like " Moms Day Out". My children went to MDO two times a week and would learn about colors and numbers, ect. It was not something that you must attend each day.
But could you also use it 5 days a week - as a working parent - if you needed it?

Back
Top Bottom