Christening of Princess Isabella: July 1, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All dresses from 1999

Margrethe and Alexia wear dresses that had been seen on Alexia´s wedding in July 1999 already. Cristina wore that light-blue maternity dress on Alexia´s wedding when she was pregnant with Juan Valentin....

I like the name. Princess Isabella :)
Prince Christian is such a wonderfull boy. Now he's sitting on the little chair and it's adorable.

Isabella is a beautiful baby and the name is great. A truly lovely family.:flowers::wub:

I seem to be in the minority here;) I so wish they would have chosen a name with a more Nordic history. The kindergartens here are filled with Isabellas....

Well, at least they didn't give her Margrethe as the first name....:neutral:

I was wondering where the Isabella came from - it doesn't seem Danish or Australian. But if the Danish kindergartens are filled with Isabellas, maybe they just liked the name.

Maybe it's because it's a form of Elizabeth, Mary's middle name. Or maybe like Willem and Maxima, it's just a name they like.

The name Isabella was total surprise for me but it's VERY BEAUTIFUL! This name - Isabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe - is very through-out and beautiful name. It's very nice that they put Henrietta for second name - it's shows respect to Mary's mother.

Isabella is a very regal sounding name anyway, so it would befit a princess. I absolutely love it. I'm glad that they put Henrietta in there; I'm sure it's hard on Mary to have this beautiful little girl (and son as well) and her mother isn't there to share in her joy. I would have choked up saying my mom's name if she had passed on.

I read from DRW that after christening there will be small lunch where they are expecting only half of guests. And Frederik will leave tonight or tomorrow morning (I don't remember) for sailing.

I love the name Isabella! :wub: Very cute

I think that Mary and Frederick choose a beautiful name...she have a name of her own and all get satisfied because she have the name of her grandmother to!!!! The litle princess looks gorgeous she´s adorable...

I seem to be in the minority here;) I so wish they would have chosen a name with a more Nordic history. The kindergartens here are filled with Isabellas....

Well, at least they didn't give her Margrethe as the first name....:neutral:

I'm with you UserDane Isabella is a pretty common name where I live and I hoping they chose something historical too.

Wow I love the names. She looks like Isabella. It's a beautiful name. Mary and Frederik choose a really wonderful name. The 4 names sound very nice together. It's the better choice they could make. I'm very glad with these names :flowers::flowers::flowers:

I think Princess Isabella has a lovely ring to it!

Isabella was both their idea.

I'm actually more impressed with Mary's Danish this time around than I was last time :)

And I dub Princess Benedikte Best-Dressed!

Just caught a question from the crowd to Frederik '....more children'.
Frederik grinned and said 'never say never' (det kan man ikke udelukke....)

The Christening speech by Bishop Erik Norman Svendsen - DRW
its in english

Last edited by a moderator:
The other names are lovely, but I´m not a fan of "Isabella", I hoped they would have chosen a more danish name. Not a fan of Mary´s outfit either, the colour doesn´t suit her.

Isabella is such a beautiful name!:wub: So, Princess Mathilde, Princess Alexia, and Peter Heering are a few of the godparents, right?

Was the name of the mother of princess Mary Elisabeth ?? than she named for her i think.

I liked PH wearing the Pinkish shirt and QM having the pink decorations on her hat. The ceremony, especially the singing seemed very moving, at one point I saw P Christian nodding his head at it. I must say that little one is a very well behaved child. Though there was the incident with paper, we did not see any Amalia's or Ingrid's kind of display (Remembered Amalia repeat the action of one of the elder's trying to quieten her and Ingrid with her "Mamma" and the fire incident) I bet the journalists were disappointed. P Isabella looked like Christian in many places. It was funny that she went to sleep as soon as the speech began. I liked the names, Isabella is regal and they can always have the nickname Bella which is beautiful too. And of course, Mary and Fred looked moved and happy with their family, as they should be.

Back
Top Bottom