Christening of Princess Isabella: July 1, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Fredensborg Cathedral is so gorgeous. I just love the colors and the marble. It's has such a soft feeling, which is saying so much considering the coldness of too many cathedrals. Denmark has the best palaces and cathedrals imho.
I am very excited, of course, to learn the lillepigen's name and the godparents, and to see what the ladies will wear, what brooches and everything. It is a special day tomorrow for all of us who love the royal families of the world. Not only, Lillepigen's day, but also Diana Concert day. It's big stuff tomorrow! ;)

Last edited:
can't wait to see who they choose as godparents and what CP Mary will wear. i read on another site that CP Mary's sisters and brother won't be attending.

really? They won't be there? Why not? I think this is the kind of thing family should be present at. Are they arguing or are they too busy to fly over? Can't wait to hear the little girls names!

The Fredensborg Cathedral is so gorgeous. I just love the colors and the marble. It's has such a soft feeling, which is saying so much considering the coldness of too many cathedrals. Denmark has the best palaces and cathedrals imho.
I am very excited, of course, to learn the lillepigen's name and the godparents, and to see what the ladies will wear, what brooches and everything. It is a special day tomorrow for all of us who love the royal families of the world. Not only, Lillepigen's day, but also Diana Concert day. It's big stuff tomorrow! ;)
I'm very exicited as well, your enthusiasm is contagious!:flowers:

really? They won't be there? Why not? I think this is the kind of thing family should be present at. Are they arguing or are they too busy to fly over? Can't wait to hear the little girls names!

Well, we didn't see the entire Máxima's family in her daughters Christening. They live so far away, they can't be present in every important moments, I think that's quite understandable. I don't think they are arguing.

I agree with you about the little princess name :flowers:

I'm very exicited as well, your enthusiasm is contagious!:flowers:

I think that is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on these forums. That is saying much because everyone is so nice here. It is easy to be enthusiastic here. I am so happy to be a contributor to that! :D

Does anyone know approximately at what time the name is to be announced? I know the time of the christening but am unable to watch all of it. I would really love to know at what time I can have a peak on the internet to read the name. Anyone can help me? :flowers:

Does anyone know approximately at what time the name is to be announced? I know the time of the christening but am unable to watch all of it. I would really love to know at what time I can have a peak on the internet to read the name. Anyone can help me? :flowers:

Just before or during the christening:)that also goes for the guest list:flowers:
Read this post for more information on tomorow

Last edited:
Thanks for that link. The DRF blog is always a fun read. I enjoy it a lot. The people that put it together are so good. I have not been following the christening preparations, so just now I saw the gifts to the Lillepigen, Denmark's first in way too long! :D
But as I said, after looking on that link, I just saw the christening gifts, and I am reminded of when the Principality of Wales built a "dollhouse" (actually, a mini-real house with real life amenities!):lol: for 'Lilibet', future QEII, and Princess Margaret. Did Queen Margrethe and her sisters also have a dollhouse made by some locality?

I can't wait to find out your name.​

:clap:

neither do I and I have to work, but If I don't go I can forget about going on my holiday so it's worth it :D
So today we will see, Christian, little princess, Nikolai and Felix, with that also Mary, Mette-Marit and Victoria, they are making my day :D

Thank heaven's the woman in that photo is pretty right, otherwise yikes!

If you are having trouble accessing either TV2 or DR.dk, try NRK.no to watch the christening.

:)

Article from some Austrailan newspaper.

THE christening of Princess Mary's daughter in Denmark tonight will be so low-key that even the baby's dad doesn't plan to hang around.

To read the rest of the story, please click here

Dr.dk seems to be only available to those with Danish IP addresses. However, I've never had a problem with viewing their stuff live before, and I live in LA.

If there should be a problem, cross your fingers that there won't be, the best thing to do is click on over to NRK.no to watch the christening.

However, again:D, if neither sites are available live, they will re-air the entire christening later on in the day.

Hang tight and let me figure the problems out so everyone can enjoy the event.

Tak!:flowers:

DR.dk is working for me so far.

Prinsessedåb

That's the link I'm currently at that seems to be a movie file. There is a placeholder saying that the ceremonies will start at 7am, etc.

Thanks Morhange:flowers:, that's what I am getting as well.

Let's see, it's 6:34am in Denmark so in about less than an hour the pre-christening commentary will begin. Don't worry everyone you won't miss anything interesting (unless you enjoy listening to people yap for 4 1/2 hours.) The whole shadoodle doesn't start until 11am sharp Denmark time.

Will the guests start arriving around 11? I don't want to just listen to the reporters talk about things when I can't understand Danish :) I'm only watching the pre-christening stuff to see the other royals, but if they won't be arriving until 11, I think I'm going to try and get some sleep for a couple hours.

DR.dk is working for me so far.

Prinsessedåb

That's the link I'm currently at that seems to be a movie file. There is a placeholder saying that the ceremonies will start at 7am, etc.

Thanks morhange, this is working for me. :flowers:
Phew :ohmy: I don't want to miss anything.

Ladies and gentleman it seems that TV2 is only available to those who pay to watch their stuff on the net.

For we cheapos, kidding of course:D, the best way to view the christening live is via [URL="http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/htm/baggrund/tema2007/daab/prinsesse_daab.asx"]DR.dk[/URL]

After the christening is over you will be able to watch the whole thing on either DR.dk (a repeat) or NRK.no/NETT TV.

Finally, when the christening actually begins, at 11am, and you see Mary, Frederik, Christian, and the Little Princess please remember the [URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/?page=faq"]Empty Post Rule[/URL].

I know it's hard to resist screaming Ain't She Cute!, but work with me people, and humor me by resisting the temptation of the dreaded and contagious Empty Post Syndrome.

Let's have an interesting discussion about today's big event and most of all enjoy the christening.

GT:flowers:

The Queen is leaving Marseilisborg in helicopter, according to TV2, to go pick Prince Henrik up before heading to Fredensborg.

The cake shown on tv was absolutely adorable - a small baby formed as decorations, with the Danish guards standing around her.

The guests are walking around at Fredensborg. I saw Haakon and Mette-Marit.

Mathilde of Belgium has arrived

Last edited by a moderator:
What is this Mads et Monarkiet thing about?

What is this Mads et Monarkiet thing about?
Mads usually has a show called Mads & Monopolet, where he and a panel solves people's problems. For the occasion, it has been renamed Mads and the Monachy, and some problems they're "solving" include child-rearing, and so on.

I had not really expected to see Mathilde at the christining for some reason, well, great to know she is attending...Also, it seems the sun is shinning so what a great summer christing this is going to be.

According to someone on another board, they said that after the christening the guests will attend a pool party. That's right a pool party.

Invited guests were informed to bring their swimsuits to celebrate this fantastic day. Somehow I doubt weenies and potato chips are on the menu, perhaps something more fancy.

In other words, this christening is an unstuffy event. :flowers:

Are there any possibilities to watch the christening with the Opera-Browser? The links of GT's post doesn't work for me, because I haven't the Internet Explorer. Thank you for your help.

Are there any possibilities to watch the christening with the Opera-Browser? The links of GT's post doesn't work for me, because I haven't the Internet Explorer. Thank you for your help.

I had kept losing the connection with Firefox, but now it works great with Internet Explorer.

Alexia is the only representative from the Greek royals, according to TV2.

Prince Joachim, Prince Felix, Prince Nicolai, John Donaldson, Susan Donaldson are also on the guestlist. (Surprise, surprise.)

DR is revealing the guestlist.

The godparents.
H.K.H. Prinsesse Mathilde af Belgien
H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexia

Dr. Nadine Johnston
Overlæge, dr.med. Christian Buchwald
Direktør, major Peter Heering
Hofjægermesterinde Marie Louise Skeel

Last edited:
The Guestlist
Hans Kongelige Højhed KRONPRINSEN
Hendes Kongelige Højhed KRONPRINSESSEN

Hendes Majestæt DRONNINGEN

Hans Kongelige Højhed PRINSGEMALEN

Hans Kongelige Højhed Prins CHRISTIAN

Hans Kongelige Højhed Prins JOACHIM

Hans Højhed Prins NIKOLAI

Hans Højhed Prins FELIX

Hendes Kongelige Højhed Prinsesse BENEDIKTE

Hans Højhed Prins GUSTAV zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg

Miss Carina Axelsson

Hendes Højhed Prinsesse ALEXANDRA zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg

Greve Jefferson-Friedrich von Pfeil

Hendes Majestæt Dronning ANNE-MARIE

Her Royal Highness Princess ALEXIA

Hans Kongelige Højhed Kronprins HAAKON MAGNUS af Norge

Hendes Kongelige Højhed Kronprinsesse METTE-MARIT af Norge

Hendes Kongelige Højhed Kronprinsesse VICTORIA af Sverige

Son Altesse Royale la Princesse MATHILDE Duchesse de Brabant

Professor John Dalgleish Donaldson

Mrs. Susan Elizabeth Donaldson

Mrs. Catherine Murray

Monsieur Guillaume Bardin

Madame Guillaume Bardin

Mlle Lorraine Bardin

Mlle Mathilde Bardin

Mlle Roxane Bardin

H.E. skibsreder Mærsk Mc-Kinney Møller

Fr. Alette Mærsk Mc-Kinney Sørensen

Her Excellency the Ambassador of Australia Mrs. Sharyn Minahan

Borgmester i Fredensborg Kommune Olav Aaen

Sognepræst Lars Rostrup Tjalve

Sognepræst Hedda Salomonsen

Sognepræst Bjarne Wulff

Personlig assistent Anja Camilla Alajdi

Hr. Steen Arnstrøm

Greve Ditlev Erik Ahlefeldt-Laurvig

Grevinde Jean Merete Ahlefeldt-Laurvig

Professor Erik Albæk

Hr. Peter Bang

Direktør Juliane Meulengracht Bang

Direktør Michael Brandt

Fr. Rikke Juel

Godsejer, hofjægermester, greve Frands Axel Michael Brockenhuus-Schack

Grevinde Ulla Brockenhuus-Schack

Fr. Elisabeth Buchwald

Hr. Andreas Buchwald

Fr. Anna Buchwald

Fr. Ida Buchwald

Hr. Christian Dalum

Fr. Gitte Dalum

Musiker Christian Minh Doky

Fr. Tanja Doky

Mr. Rory Fleming

Mrs. Caroline Fleming

Hr. Holger Gad Foss

Fr. Rose Gad Foss

Mrs. Laurence Garde-Due

Direktør Michael Halbye

Fr. Pernille Halbye

Direktør Jeppe Handwerk

Fr. Birgitte Zachau Handwerk

Fr. Gitte Rosengaard Harsberg

Hr. Michael Haslund-Christensen

Fr. Pernille Haslund-Christensen

Hair/makeup artist Søren Hedegaard

Skuespiller Preben Kristensen

Hofdame Caroline Elisabeth Heering

Fr. Ellen Hillingsø

Hr. Christoffer Castenskiold

Restauratør Søren Jessen

Dr. Nadine Johnston

Dr. Dominic Hodgson

Adm. direktør Carl Erik Kjærsgaard

Direktør Søren Lauritsen

Fr. Birgitte Munk

Produktionsleder Julie Mølsgaard

Hr. Søren Bredvig Nielsen

Fr. Ida Holst Clausen

Fr. Christina Obel

Direktør Henrik Olsen

Fr. Anita Valentin

Direktør Thomas Olsen

Fr. Annette Olsen

Pastor, civ.ing. Peter Parkov

Baron Otto Reedtz-Thott

Baronesse Helle Reedtz-Thott

Direktør Jakob Reese

Fr. Anna-Sofie Reese

Direktør, generalkonsul Fritz Schur

Godsejer, hofjægermester Jørgen Skeel

Bispinde Margit Svendsen

Hr. Christopher Kiær Thomsen

Fr Sofie Kirk Kristiansen

Fr. Charlotte Velin

Hr. Thomas Velin

Direktør Peter Warnøe

Fr. Julia Tholstrup

Lensgreve Bendt Tido Hannibal Wedell

Lensgrevinde Pernille Rosalia Korsbek Wedell

Baronesse Wedell-Wedellsborg

Advokat, oberstløjtnant, baron, kammerherre Henrik Mogens Wedell-Wedellsborg

Kammerherreinde Wedell-Wedellsborg

Baron Johan Wedell-Wedellsborg

Baronesse Rebecca Wedell-Wedellsborg

Godsejer Lars Wilhjelm

Fr. Anne Kathrine Wilhjelm

Direktør Peter Aandahl

Fr. Nina Wedell-Wedellsborg

Hofchef, kammerherre Per Thornit

Kammerherreinde Thornit

Kabinetssekretær, kammerherre Niels Eilschou Holm

Hofmarskal, kammerherre Ove Ullerup

Kammerherreinde Ullerup

Ceremonimester, kammerherre Christian Eugen-Olsen

Kammerherreinde Eugen-Olsen

Hofdame Ane Vibeke Foss

Slotsforvalter, oberst, kammerherre John Kidde-Hansen

Kammerherreinde Kidde-Hansen

Professorinde Bodil Karen von Mehren Thodberg

The godparents.
H.K.H. Prinsesse Mathilde af Belgien
H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexia

Dr. Nadine Johnston

Thank you for the information, Mathilde & Alexia were great choices, seems i guessed one name right which was Direktør, major Peter Heering :ROFLMAO:

The Princess now has her own part of the official site.

Thanks for the list Norwegianne.
Again a confirmation of the special position Carina Axelsson has - she is invited even though she and prince Gustav are not officially engaged. And Marie is not on the guest list.

QM & P.Henrik just arrived by helicopter.
QM in a nice lime green dress with pink flowers

Back
Top Bottom