Christening of Princess Isabella: July 1, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When Mary is leaning forward during the actual baptism, she has cleavage showing. I don't think that is appropriate at the service.

When Mary is leaning forward during the actual baptism, she has cleavage showing. I don't think that is appropriate at the service.

Unless she wears something up to her neck, when she bends over slightly, if the camera is zooming in.....it'll get picked up. That's not on her. She was dressed appropriately for the service and she shouldn't get blamed because the camera focused on her décolletage.

The ceremony was wonderful. I was watching the short version on NDR and they were talking about Queen Marghrete and King Henrik. :rolleyes::lol:

Prince Christian looked well behaved, I wonder if he's like that @home too:rolleyes:
PMary elegant as usual:)
Does the little princess have blue eyes too ?
ANP Beeldbank

I was wondering the same thing abut the Princess eyes. They look dark blue?

They seem gray but not blue, babies usually have this color in their early months.

Gray? they look dark blue. Well, we have to wait and see as she get older.

I absolutely love the name Isabella, one of my favourite names ever! I wonder whether she'll be nicknamed Bella? I also love the sentiment behind the other three names.

I was shocked at the godparents...not predictable at all. I didn't expect Mathilde or Alexia. Does anyone know whether Fred or Mary are close to them? Well, they must be in some way I suppose!

I'm not fond of Mary's dress. I like the style, but the colour doesn't suit her skin tone. I like the idea of wearing the same head piece for both Christenings...and I wonder if she'll wear it for the next one ("never say never")?

I didn't like Mary's dress very much -- the color seemed dull for her, although I didn't mind her re-using her headpiece. I thought that was rather sweet.

I didn't think Mathilde's dress was very becoming and it didn't seem to go with her headpiece. And I'm surprised, I usually love her clothes.

The Queen looked good IMO, and sometimes her clothes are a fright. I think that's what happens when the Queen is an artiste and involves herself in couture.

And poor Princess Alexia, that dress was very unbecoming to her. I wish she would look at some of Maria Theresa of Luxemburg's better outfits. Those of us who are short and plump have to be so careful!

Her eyes looked brown to me. If you compare her eyes to Christian's, their eyes both are equally dark but his eyes are definitely bluer. He's got the bluest eyes I have ever seen.

very beautiful name ...princess mathilde looked lovely

The little Princess shares her name with my baby daughter Isabella.
So I of course love the name!:wub:

I liked Mary's outfit and the headpiece. The 2 children are so cute!
Thanks for sharing all the pictures and information!

One of the morning newspapers in Australia, Melbourne's Herald-Sun, quotes Princess Mary as saying that they chose the name about two weeks ago from an obscure branch of Frederik's family tree.

May I ask: who was the third young boy who moved towards the font at the moment of actual baptism with the two little princes? What did it signify? Thanks.

May I ask: who was the third young boy who moved towards the font at the moment of actual baptism with the two little princes? What did it signify? Thanks.

Count Richard - the grandson of Princess Benedikte. He was a page at Frederik and Mary's wedding.

It is usual at christenings that the ministers ask the children to step forward, so that they can see the actual ceremony better if they want to. :flowers:

I'm glad I watched the link up to the christening it was wonderful! I loved how Mary,Frederik and their children interacted.:wub:Mary seems to be a very loving person and I'm glad they wern't too serious both seem completley taken with their children.I think all the children behaved very well and it's not unusal for babies to cry during these things,the cry period and Princess Isabella actually cried very little.Mary's father looked very happy.QM was absolutely beaming with pride and joy towards the end:flowers:.Overall a wonderful moment for their family.:)I thought Mary's dress was just right.

The Queen looked good IMO, and sometimes her clothes are a fright. I think that's what happens when the Queen is an artiste and involves herself in couture.

Don't worry you are not the only one who sometimes thinks so. You know the dress is a fright when the media compliment the Queen for wearing what she likes and does as she wants to. :D

Actually I liked the Queen's outfit. The color suited her well and it was bright and cheerful and fit the Queen's personality.

Mary would not look good in it. :ohmy:

Actually I liked the Queen's outfit. The color suited her well and it was bright and cheerful and fit the Queen's personality.

Mary would not look good in it. :ohmy:
Me too. She was a touch of summer on the event.

I like Mary's dress but I think that she could looked better (specially when you comprae her wit Mathilde or Victoria).

Last edited:
I have finally had a chance to look at some of the pics of the christening. The colors that were chosen to wear are all very similar the overall look came off kind of drab and unexciting to me. Not that everyone doesn't look nice, they do just need to punch up the color some, imo. And once again I know the term "low-key" has been overused with this christening but that was sure evident in looking at the pictures. Much more low-key and somewhat casual of an event. Christian's had a much more formal feel to it.

I'm curious about why the more low-key approach with this child? I'm always so used to seeing the Danish RF do things in a more grand manner but in my opinion many things surrounding this child have been done on a smaller scale thus far. Any thoughts as to why? I understand she isn't the firstborn but still when I look at other RF's(which I know I shouldn't compare but how can I not) they seem to do things quite similar for each child and I don't really notice that with the Danes and little Isabella. Quite possibly it is only me that thinks this!

I love the name Isabella but I think overall Mary could have done better. I think for the occassion she would have looked nicer with stockings on. But I guess she was going for a summer theme.

Thank you for your reply, Norwegianne. That's a charming custom which I've not seen before in either Catholic or Protestant churches. What a sensible and civilized place Denmark seems to be.

I must add that I thought The Queen looked splendid. Being so tall and willowy she can carry clothes which would seem a tad ridiculous on others, but on her, they show her imposing stature and great flair. I remember her at the wedding when I thought her absolutely spectacular. Mary's outfit looked much better on television than it does in the photos, I thought. One of the newspapers here said that the designer was Lithuanian, and I noticed another pretty young woman wearing almost the same design in what seemed to be grey or pale ice blue. Perhaps it's one of the new seasons styles?

The only sour note (for me) was the man who, before the event, was shown barbequing. I'm sure that he said that he was cooking kangaroo, which turned my stomach. Some people do eat kangaroo, it's true, but to eat a national emblem from our coat of arms, or watch someone else cook it....ick!

I like the name, although it sounds Italian, i don´t know if it´s a common name in Denmark.

I thought Mary looked beautiful and I love that colour on her- it's a subtle eggplant colour more than pink- i would love to see more pictures of Caroline-:prettyplease: she looked fab..:flowers::clap::crown6:Can't wait for all the pictures in the magazines.. Thanks to everyone who posted photos during the day/night- it was really exciting waiting to see mary and everyone arrive...

:angel:I love the name, perfect for that cute baby.She looks so peaceful in those pics,just like an angel.:angel:

I liked the colour of Marys outfit but it doesn't look like in fits. I like the idea of recycling the headpeace from Christian's christians christening a nice touch.

Isabella has two precious darker blue eyes!

i love the ceremony, i think it was very beautiful and touching! i love to see them together as a family they seem to look so in love and happy together! i also love mary's outfit i9t was very summery, simple and elegant! and i also think that isabella is such a beautful name! they are my favorite royal family!

Back
Top Bottom