The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #421  
Old 07-08-2007, 01:13 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
I found this great chart on Wikipedia (I know, not the most reliable source ) of the Danish Royal Family from way back when, starting with the first King. And it had all the Princess Elisabeths (Isabellas as I've mentioned) listed as Isabella. But Elisabeth is a variant of Isabella, so whoever created the chart may have gone with the original name
It's the other way round, Isabella is derived from the name Elizabeth, so the original name was Elizabeth. Which is why the Danish history books list them as Elizabeth.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #422  
Old 07-08-2007, 01:30 AM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
It's the other way round, Isabella is derived from the name Elizabeth, so the original name was Elizabeth. Which is why the Danish history books list them as Elizabeth.
Whoops... Then I wonder why they are listed as Isabella on the chart? Maybe these Princesses' names were Isabella, but were changed when they married whoever - like Henrik is now Henri
__________________

__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
Reply With Quote
  #423  
Old 07-08-2007, 06:07 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
Whoops... Then I wonder why they are listed as Isabella on the chart? Maybe these Princesses' names were Isabella, but were changed when they married whoever - like Henrik is now Henri
During the 1200s to the 1900s the language in court and diplomacy was French. In French, Elisabeth is changed to Isabelle (or Isabeau), thus probably in a certain time in official documents all princesses named Elisabeth were listed as Isabelles.
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Reply With Quote
  #424  
Old 07-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hobart, Australia
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian View Post
Bets on baby Bella boom


Princess Mary threw an Aussie-style pool party to celebrate the weekend christening of her Isabella.
Guests who attended the Fredensborg Palace Chapel in their Sunday best changed into togs for the post-baptism celebrations.
The casual luncheon spilled into a night-long party that finished some time after midnight.
Some of the cream of Danish society were photographed walking down the driveway carrying their bathers.

Bets on baby Bella boom | Mercury - The Voice of Tasmania

There are some very strange comments at the end of this article,
Has anyone here any idea what they mean?

That pool party seemed a great way to relax and celebrate after all the formalities were over.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #425  
Old 07-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Rebafan81's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Akron, United States
Posts: 1,035
I know I am kind of late to this discussion but I love the name Isabella. I am glad they decided to give the little princess a modern beautiful name while also honoring the past with all her middle names. I think it was a great compromise and choice.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #426  
Old 07-08-2007, 03:09 PM
LadyK's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 1,959
Isabella is a very traditional royal name..although maybe not so much in Denmark. It is also the Spanish and Italian version of Elizabeth- very much a royal name.
They were very traditional with Christian's name- they are a little less traditional with this one. I like it!
__________________
The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Reply With Quote
  #427  
Old 07-09-2007, 05:07 AM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
During the 1200s to the 1900s the language in court and diplomacy was French. In French, Elisabeth is changed to Isabelle (or Isabeau), thus probably in a certain time in official documents all princesses named Elisabeth were listed as Isabelles.
Maybe, I didn't think of that.

BTW, this week's New Idea states, and quote "Frederik's younger brother Prince Joachim attended, with his sons Nikolai and Felix, and his ex-wife Alexandra was also present." I would love to know where they got this from, as Alexandra isn't on the official guest list or in any pictures XD
__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
Reply With Quote
  #428  
Old 07-09-2007, 07:18 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hobart, Australia
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
Maybe, I didn't think of that.

BTW, this week's New Idea states, and quote "Frederik's younger brother Prince Joachim attended, with his sons Nikolai and Felix, and his ex-wife Alexandra was also present." I would love to know where they got this from, as Alexandra isn't on the official guest list or in any pictures XD

It's because interest in Princess Mary is starting to wane in Australia, these poor people at the glossy mags are only trying to protect their jobs (who would blame them) they need to keep food on their tables. so they spice things up a bit.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #429  
Old 07-09-2007, 07:50 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
It's because interest in Princess Mary is starting to wane in Australia, these poor people at the glossy mags are only trying to protect their jobs (who would blame them) they need to keep food on their tables. so they spice things up a bit.
Spoken like a true journo..anything you wish to share?

Interest is waning here? I don't believe that to be entirely the case. It's more that Mary is settled, and 'we', as observers are well acquainted with her 'story'. HRH is now a familiar face for millions of Australian's.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #430  
Old 07-09-2007, 09:03 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hobart, Australia
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Spoken like a true journo..anything you wish to share?

Interest is waning here? I don't believe that to be entirely the case. It's more that Mary is settled, and 'we', as observers are well acquainted with her 'story'. HRH is now a familiar face for millions of Australian's.


No nothing to share, just an observation of the glossy mags in Australia in the last couple of years.
If they don't have a little “Creative Writing” from an unnamed source, they just don't sell and are RETURNED in dumpster loads. You only have to look at the comments on some newspapers sites to see what the Australian public thinks of the Danish Royal Family, some are quite funny some are downright rude. The reporters/writers on these mags just want to keep their jobs, thats all I am saying
When they handle the truth a little carelessly it is quite understandable, they want a monthly pay packet coming in.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #431  
Old 07-09-2007, 09:36 AM
Kelly's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,106
They finally fixed my internet! Might I add how cute Christian looked in his little chair! I wasn't particularly fond of Margrethe's dress though. Mary looked absolutely wonderful. Has she worn that hairpiece before?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #432  
Old 07-09-2007, 09:42 AM
UserDane's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Might I add how cute Christian looked in his little chair! I wasn't particularly fond of Margrethe's dress though. Mary looked absolutely wonderful. Has she worn that hairpiece before?
Margrethe is .... Margrethe! She and her husband seem to share a common love of colourful clothes which defy the description fashion or fashionable - LOL. But that must be the way they prefer it. Did you see the pics of Margrethe's rather eye-catching raingear at the birthday celebrations in Norway

Yes, Mary wore the same headpiece at Christian's christening.
__________________
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.
Reply With Quote
  #433  
Old 07-09-2007, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
No nothing to share, just an observation of the glossy mags in Australia in the last couple of years.
If they don't have a little “Creative Writing” from an unnamed source, they just don't sell and are RETURNED in dumpster loads. You only have to look at the comments on some newspapers sites to see what the Australian public thinks of the Danish Royal Family, some are quite funny some are downright rude. The reporters/writers on these mags just want to keep their jobs, thats all I am saying
When they handle the truth a little carelessly it is quite understandable, they want a monthly pay packet coming in.
They get payed monthly? That must be awfull!!

I do see where, it is, you are coming from.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #434  
Old 07-09-2007, 11:19 AM
biboquinhas's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Portugal, Portugal
Posts: 3,004
I really think Christian had some extra classes on how to behave, he is so well behave for a 20 months baby! My son is 19 months and we went to a wedding last weekend and we couldn't stand for a couple of minutes quite and calm! He was always walking and running and he couldn't be seated in a chair for too long!!Well done Christian!
__________________
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE provides food for an animal in a shelter or sanctuary. Feed an animal in need, click for free.http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Reply With Quote
  #435  
Old 07-09-2007, 11:46 AM
morhange's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Springfield, United States
Posts: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
I remember the kerfuffle when Beatrice of York was named, too, and now, it's perfectly acceptable and never attracts comment.
Why? I could understand about Zara, definitely. But Beatrice? There had already been TWO British princesses named Beatrice (Queen Victoria's daughter, and her grandaughter, Beatrice of Edinburgh) Now if they'd named her Princess Catherine or Princess Joan or even Princess Matilda, I could see that because they weren't common names for a British princess (even Catherine, I don't think there's ever been a Princess Catherine of the UK, except maybe Henry 8's wife) but Beatrice was at least a name already used within the family, as a first and a middle name
__________________
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Reply With Quote
  #436  
Old 07-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Mandy's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 6,927
Let's get back on topic! If you wish to discuss Mary's popularity in Australia, please start another thread. Beatrice of York and Zara Phillips have their own threads in the British forum where you can discuss their names at length. Further off-topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Thanks,

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator
Reply With Quote
  #437  
Old 07-22-2007, 04:13 AM
marmi's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: -, New Zealand
Posts: 2,310
Hi I know I've seen a picture of Caroline Heering somewhere, but cant relocate it. I was just wondering if anyone is able to help me please? Thanks in advance.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #438  
Old 01-11-2010, 06:33 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,132




The Christening.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #439  
Old 01-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Sereta's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The, United States
Posts: 2,019
So wonderful to see the videos of Isabella's Christening. It was a beautiful ceremony. Christian is so cute sitting next to his papa.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
christening, princess isabella


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A daughter for Prince Aimone & Princess Olga: Princess Isabella 14 Dec 2012 Cory Royal Families of Italy 40 12-28-2012 06:13 PM
Christening of Infanta Sofía; July 15, 2007 lula King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family 467 05-24-2012 12:33 AM
Prince Christian and Princess Isabella, Current Events 4: Dec. 2009 - February 2011 dazzling Current Events Archive 194 02-27-2011 08:16 AM
Prince Christian and Princess Isabella, Current Events 3: May 2008 - December 2009 evnovoros Current Events Archive 381 12-04-2009 02:28 AM
Prince Christian and Princess Isabella, Current Events 2: June 2007 - May 2008 Empress Current Events Archive 277 05-20-2008 09:52 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games olympics ottoman poland pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:01 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]