Christening of Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine: April 14, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You simply have to watch this!

TV 2 Nyhederne - Live

A number of clips from the day, including M&F posing in front of Amalienborg.
Scroll a bit down the page to the clip where Bella is doing the victory sign with both hands. :cool:

That to me is the best clip of the entire day. :lol:

Over here that is used as a 'peace' sign, dating back to the 1960s and 1970s (I think - I'm not that old:lol:). I loved that she did that. Isabella behaved really well for being so wound up! It seemed like all she wanted to do was twirl in her dress!

Does anybody have, or can anybody find a good picture of Caroline Herring? She was by far the best dressed guest there and all the pictures she's in, she's sitting down.

And THANKS for youtube clip!

On another point Mary's shoes didnt fit with the dress, the colour was not good with it

Actually, her nude heels matched very well with the electric blue day dress impo.

The dress was not compromised by an unecessary indulgence of colour. The Crown Princess kept it fresh and austere.

Wonderful composition of jewellery as well. The Connaught brooch wih it's central sapphire was, imo, the only reasonable choice and the same can be said for the pearl earrings. Minimal yet effective.

Last edited:
NRK Nett-TV - hastighetsmåling

You can watch here almost the whole christening. It's from the Norwegian tv, NRK, so the commentators speak Norwegian.

Vincent - It's okay, but I hoped for something else like Oscar, Valdemar, Oliver, Eric, William, Carl
Frederik - I like the name and it's traditional and it's really nice that Mary and Frederik have named their son after Frederik
Minik - quite weird, I don't like it yet, but it's nice with a diffrent name
Alexander - really common name in Scandinavia, I like the name and it fits the three other names

Josephine - I just love it, I actually hoped for that they would use Josephine, really beautiful and it suits well with Christian, Isabella and Vincent
Sophia - I love that name too, one of my favourits, but I like the form Sofia and Sophie more
Ivalo - a weird name too, but nice with something different and when it's connected with Greenland, for me it feels weird because it's a small town, village here in Finland in the north-east part of Lapland, but as I said it's good with something not so royal
Mathilda - I prefer Mathilde and I don't like Mathilda so much but it's beautiful and a royal, family name

Christian and Isabella were just so charming. They are so qute. I just love them, especially Isabella.

I hope that at least one of the twins have brown eyes like Mary. Does someone the
eyecolor of the twins?

And when will they publish the official pictures? Or have they done that already? I haven't seen anything...

Scroll a bit down the page to the clip where Bella is doing the victory sign with both hands. :cool:
I don't think she knows that this is the victory sign. Far too young. :)
I remember the first event after the pregnancy was announced where she raised two fingers to show there are two babys in the belly.
It seems to me she repeated this now with both hands: twooo babyyys!!! She seemed very excited and also proud and protective to me. Very cute. I must admit she was the center of my attention, whenever she was in the picture I didn't see anything else. :)

I like the babies names, classic without being overused. And Isabella is quite the little scene steeler but so adorable.

Princess Isabella is just adorable on a ovaries-explosion level!!
How sweet is to see her and Prince Christian holding hands?!! ^^

Last edited:
Isabella made the show, she is so energetic (dont know if this word exist in english). For the baby girl name, I just cant imagine to call a little girl josephine. It's like Mireille, Antoinette, Simone, those name are no more used Mary is very gracious, I think maybe it's her main quality. Even when she speaks, there something very gracious in the way she answer the clergy man.

It was soooooo touching when Prince Christian was, together with the rest of the church, said "Our Lord´s Prayer". He for sure knows that by heart :wub: And like anyone else he yarned during saying it. I have read that it is something you just do due to the rhytm of the prayer. So it was not like he was tired. It was due to the rhytm of the prayer :) :) :)

I bet that Pss Isabella did say the prayer too, but that wasn´t catched on DR1 :)

It was soooooo touching when Prince Christian was, together with the rest of the church, said "Our Lord´s Prayer". He for sure knows that by heart :wub: And like anyone else he yarned during saying it. I have read that it is something you just do due to the rhytm of the prayer. So it was not like he was tired. It was due to the rhytm of the prayer :) :) :)

I bet that Pss Isabella did say the prayer too, but that wasn´t catched on DR1 :)

She tired to but I think she got a bit muddled up because she stopped after awhile. :wub: They showed a little bit of her trying on TV2.

I was at work and unable to watch everything live, but thank you for posting the youtube videos!

Does anyone know who all the godparents are? I looked through the thread but didn't see them.

You simply have to watch this!

TV 2 Nyhederne - Live

A number of clips from the day, including M&F posing in front of Amalienborg.

That to me is the best clip of the entire day. :lol:

And a gallery from DR1: Vincent og Josephines dåb i billeder - dr.dk/Nyheder/Billedserier

I'm thinking that Isabella is just showing that she has 2 babies in her family rather than making the victory sign.

I too have to get used to Vincent. I was really hoping for an Oscar :ROFLMAO:
I like Josephine, although I wouldn't have thought that they would include Mathilde in the name as they had Mathilde of Belgium as godmother for Isabella and didn't use the name then.
The greenlandic names are nice too.

Did anyone record the whole thing? I'm at work and missed it:(. If anyone could post the whole thing that would be AMAZING!!

Highlights will not cut it!! The christening of twin royal babies is so meant to be seen in full. I'm totally jealous of everyone who saw the whole thing!! :)

Did anyone record the whole thing? I'm at work and missed it:(. If anyone could post the whole thing that would be AMAZING!!

Highlights will not cut it!! The christening of twin royal babies is so meant to be seen in full. I'm totally jealous of everyone who saw the whole thing!! :)

I posted this already once, but if it's okay I do it again! So, here is everything from that the crownprincefamily walked in to the church. It is from NRK, so the commentators speak Norwegian.

I posted this already once, but if it's okay I do it again! So, here is everything from that the crownprincefamily walked in to the church. It is from NRK, so the commentators speak Norwegian.
So strange everytime I try to watch the link it goes straight to a program of a guy playing the violin then after it goes onto another program of lord knows what kinda looks like houses all the way till the end. What am I doing wrong? I saw a little bit of it when I first clicked the link then it froze and wouldn't load anymore then I lost it and everytime I try again it's the same thing.

I've been at work all day so just caught up.

First impressions:
Mary looks stunning! That colour is beautiful on her. Isabella is a total scene stealer, and her and Christian looked so cute walking into the church.

I love the name Josephine, and Ivalo is gorgeous! Less keen on the Prince's name but I'm sure it'll grow on me. Nice touch with the Greenlandic (?) names too.

And Marie looks stunning too. Beautiful outfit and hat. And great hair!

Last edited:
So strange everytime I try to watch the link it goes straight to a program of a guy playing the violin then after it goes onto another program of lord knows what kinda looks like houses all the way till the end. What am I doing wrong? I saw a little bit of it when I first clicked the link then it froze and wouldn't load anymore then I lost it and everytime I try again it's the same thing.

Okay, that's weird, I tried too and you are right. Strange, because I am still watching the cristening from this link, maybe because I started to look at it at 20.00 Finnish time and I have done other things while watching and paused the clip many times... I think I have to check if the site has to be updated and maybe I have to give another link.

ghost_night554

I think that NRK has some problems and has maybe mixed up some clips. Maybe this clip will work tomorrow. I'm so sorry that it doesen't work right now. I hope it will work tomorrow or that someone else have a link where you can watch the whole christening again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Over here that is used as a 'peace' sign, dating back to the 1960s and 1970s (I think - I'm not that old:lol:). I loved that she did that. Isabella behaved really well for being so wound up! It seemed like all she wanted to do was twirl in her dress!

Does anybody have, or can anybody find a good picture of Caroline Herring? She was by far the best dressed guest there and all the pictures she's in, she's sitting down.

And THANKS for youtube clip!

Actually, the sign is much older than that and it's not actually a peace sign, nor is it a victory sign originally... It has a whole different meaning. I believe Isabella just thought it was a cool thing to do, nothing else.

I think I have to watch all the clips now. I love to watch Bella and Christian hopping about. :lol: Christian looks so big already and he's already behaving like a little prince guiding his sister. He can actually stand still at times. :ROFLMAO: I was very surprised to see how well the kids behaved they both were walking down the isle.

I'm getting used to the names. Many people have said that the names are old fashioned and old people's names. Well, they are going to be old people some day so they better have names that don't sound ridiculous when they are old. I love Josephine. It's Vincent (for a Danish prince) that I have to get used to. I am so glad the Danes do not shorten names since I simply could not get used to Prince Vince... :ermm: First I couldn't think of any other famous people with that first name other than Vincent Price and Vincent Van Gogh. Now I remember the actors Vincent Cassel and Vincent Perez (and the actor I really do not like, Vincent Gallo). We'll get used to the name I'm sure, just as we got used to Prince Felix.

Yes we Americans like to say as few syllables as possible:lol:. People in Denmark may not shorten it but I'm pretty sure the press alone will use that nickname...it's only a matter of time before she's mentioned as Princess Jo;)

I've yet to see Isabella and Christian...can somebody post a pic please? I don't have time to go back and read all of the posts.
Go back and start at the begining of the thread and you'll find lots of pictures.

Yes we Americans like to say as few syllables as possible:lol:. People in Denmark may not shorten it but I'm pretty sure the press alone will use that nickname...it's only a matter of time before she's mentioned as Princess Jo;)

The Danish press wont though, "Jo" sounds very different when you say it in Danish from when you say it in American. In the matter of fact, "jo" is a way of saying "yes" in Danish.
I think the most common way to nickname a Danish Josephine would be "Jose".

Does this dress look familiar? ;)

Margrethe with Fred, 1968

Attachments

• margrethe frederik baby.jpg
    margrethe frederik baby.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,265
I love Josephine, but I'll have to get used to Vincent. Josefine is a popular baby name in Denmark, so it doesn't sound old there.

a nickname for Josefine/Josephine in sweden is Jossan maybe Jossis at times

Josefine were a popular name in sweden during the 80´s 90¨s

if you look at the dansih wikipedia about 9.500 have the name Josephine or Josefina as a first name

Last edited:
I thought the christening was lovely. I am already warming up to the name - Minik. Not fussed on Vincent for a first name. My mother is a Josefine so I like that. Not sure about Ivalo which sounds like a male name to me. But that's only because I have never heard it before. I thought HMajesty looked very tired. I hope she is not unwell. Isabella almost stole the show. She is a lively inquisitive little girl. The couple look like a big happy family now. Congratulations to them.

Back
Top Bottom