Christening of Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine: April 14, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Strange chooice Vincent. WAs it any Vincent at the DRF? Or it comes from CP Frederik paternal side? It is quite a usual french name.

I don't like Vincent, but Josefine is nice. Who is wearing the special gown, or is neither wearing it?

Mary looks gorgeous, as does Isabella - love the little pink dress! And I loved when she kept touching her little sister.

Josefine (the media seem to spell it this way) is a very nice name, not really unusual.
Vincent is nice! I love that - and the Greenlandic names.

I wonder where Sofia came from - not even Sophie....

Same here! Vincent reminds me of those Godfather films; Josephine is nice.

Let's hope their cousins never see the movie My Cousin Vinny. Vincent is not a very royal sounding name but Josephine is pretty.

VINCENT? Prinz Vinz? Good grief!

I do not see a single member from the European royal houses. Have I missed them?

Bette Henrik was out of his seat talkin to one of his brothers so cute!

Ivalo or Ivalu is listed on a Greenlandic names site as meaning "tendon, thread, sinew." It seems to be rare since the site says only 57 females currently are registered as having it.

I don't see a similar listing for Minick or Minik or a meaning. Is there a site that gives the spellings?

Josephine/Josefine is a cute name. Josefine was the 18th most popular name for girls in Denmark in 2009 and I bet it will become even more popular. I'm not overly fond of Vincent. It doesn't appear to be as common in Denmark.

Last edited:
My Greenlandic leaves a lot to be desired :D, but the choice of TRH
has been well received in the Northern part of our Commonwealth....

Kalaallit Nunaata Radioa

viv

Last edited:
The transformation of Isabella is incredible. In the first minutes she entered the church, she was the "perfect little princess" waving and smiling, now she is just bored! I guess, a little girl is always a little girl.

I do not see a single member from the European royal houses. Have I missed them?

No, apart from the former Queen Anne-Marie, who doesn't really count
in this context!
Correction: In addition to the non-ruling Greeks there's the non-ruling Charles and Camilla of the two Sicilys, the former being a godparent of Princess Josefine.

Viv

Last edited:
Many had guessed Mathilde but I think we need some explanation with Minic and Ivalo

Greenlandic names,Greenland is a part of the Kingdom of Denmark,and loved by the RF..hence,great choice I think.Get used to it....:)

Last edited:
Maura724 said:
I don't like Vincent, but Josefine is nice. Who is wearing the special gown, or is neither wearing it?

Mary looks gorgeous, as does Isabella - love the little pink dress! And I loved when she kept touching her little sister.

I believe Prince Vincent is and the Princess is wearing a gown the Queen found in her mothers belongings (?)

I like Vincent- Josefine is ok.....

Could Nikolai be any cuter with Bette Henrik on his knee?

Vincent is a male form of Victoria and Josefina reminds of Josephine of Leuchtenberg queen of Sweden...

Okay, Prince Vince makes one wince...

I like Josephine, it is a very appropriate choice.
Vincent is more a surprise, but it is a french name and the little prince has a french grandfather. It is a very classical name in France, although less given since some years.

Prince Felipe is a godparent? That I did not expect. John Donaldson Jr, Patricia Bailey, Princess Marie, Caroline Heering, Helle Reedtz-Thott and Prince Gustav I'm not surprised by.

it's a surprise for me as well... specially because felipe and frederik doesn't look closer than before... i heard that almost nobody likes letizia... some gossip around!!!

for the rest of the list, they're no surprise for me, but i expect some of fred's cousins, like nathalie, alexandra and nicholas...

I didn't like the names, but they're not my babies anyway...:whistling:

But how is the pronunciation of Vincent? The english or french?

wait, wait wait...say the full names again????

Isabella is such a cutie, I loved her little wave.

No, apart from the former Queen Anne-Marie, who doesn't really count
in this context!

Viv
Thanks for answering my question!:flowers:
I guess that this ceremony is a low-key affair. On a different note, Prince Nikolai is a copy of his father.

I love the fact the children are being allowed to be children. Isabella is up and down out of her seat like a yo-yo, little Henrik is wandering about back and forth to his brothers and no-one has given them a stern look or told them to sit at peace. It's so lovely and not stuffy.

I believe Prince Vincent is and the Princess is wearing a gown the Queen found in her mothers belongings (?)

I like Vincent- Josefine is ok.....

same her. so far members seemed to prefer Josefine over Vincent, but I don't.
Makes me remember Josefa (the Brazilian version of the name) which here is an old fashion name, not in a good way, more in a Gertrude kind of way.
I believe I prefer Vincent more because I 've always like the name Vince.

They could call the little Princess Josie

Back
Top Bottom