Christening of Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine: April 14, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gosh...she looked just like Mary in the car.

We haven´t seen CPss Mary yet

So, Caroline Flemming is there (in a blush pink cloche hat, with a reddish/plum jacket).

Yep and it looks as if she's nicked it from the collection of
QE 2 :D!

Viv

Anja Camilla Alajdi went from personal stylist to personal assistant? when did that happen?

...and Prince Charles and Camilla on the list!

If you are referring to the:
Son Altesse Royale le Prince Charles de Bourbon des Deux-Siciles
Son Altesse Royale la Princesse Camilla de Bourbon des Deux-Siciles

listed on the guest list, they aren't the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall. They're Prince Charles and Princess Camille of Bourbon Two-Sicilies.

I think we'll see the ladies in shades of green and yellow, possibly white. I think Mary will wear the floral headband from the last two christenings. I don't think they'd go for new dresses. Mary could wear the mint green dress with the embroidery across the waist that she wore fairly early on in their marraige. And the Queen owns a green with white polka dot suit that I think we might see. I'm not going to make any predictions on jewels though.

If you are referring to the:
Son Altesse Royale le Prince Charles de Bourbon des Deux-Siciles
Son Altesse Royale la Princesse Camilla de Bourbon des Deux-Siciles

listed on the guest list, they aren't the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall. They're Prince Charles and Princess Camille of Bourbon Two-Sicilies.
Ah thanks I didn't know that. Funny the couples share the same names.

My last minute guess at the names will be Catherine and Alexander

i like those names...

mary's not using the thing with the flowers that she used in christian and isabella's christenings????

Okay, I HAVe to comment on some of these dresses! Who killed the dalmations for her dress?! And who wears black to a christening?! And this is not the 1980s lady! Lace gloves with bracelets!!!

Oh!!! is not Prince Philippos of Greece and Theodora, I wished they would have been because I have seen a recent photo of the Prince and is very handsome .

Not a lot of people in the church...are we missing another bus?

Never mind...I see its arriving at the church now.

This link is FABULOUS!

Watching a Danish christening is completely different from watching other royal christenings because of the added suspense regarding the names

Okay, I HAVe to comment on some of these dresses! Who killed the dalmations for her dress?! And who wears black to a christening?! And this is not the 1980s lady! Lace gloves with bracelets!!!

mary's sister, jane wore black at christian's christening... i agree with you, it's awful!!!!

YOU KILLED ME WITH THE DALMATIAN'S DRESS COMMENT...AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!

Notice the magnificent model of the sailing ship suspended from the ceilling. The man of war, Christian Quintus is from the 1600's.

You'll see ships like that in most Danish lutheran churches.
The ship symbolize the journey through life - so it has nothing to do with this being a naval church.

Corline Herring? (Mary's redheaded lady-in-waiting) looked stunning. If only all the guests looked that nice!

Watching a Danish christening is completely different from watching other royal christenings because of the added suspense regarding the names
Yes!

although I have never watch a royal christening live soo :p

Who was the eldery gentleman who just came in? Sitting in the first row?

A mini bus has just left the palace but couldn't really see who was inside

And who wears black to a christening?!
Me, and I looked smashing ;)

Black is a perfectly suitable shade to wear for such a formal occasion. And I can't quite recall but did Jane wear black or a dark shade of plum?

Corline Herring? (Mary's redheaded lady-in-waiting) looked stunning

She really did, didn't she. Quite resplendent.

Last edited:
Caroline Heering looks amazing, Baronesse Helle Reedtz-Thott too.

Notice the magnificent model of the sailing ship suspended from the ceilling. The man of war, Christian Quintus is from the 1600's.

You'll see ships like that in most Danish lutheran churches.
The ship symbolize the journey through life - so it has nothing to do with this being a naval church.

I've seen that in some churches here in the US as well. It seems odd.

Not many passagers per bus it seems. That doesn't seem too efficient.

Maersk McKinney Moeller, owner of Maersk Line etc., the only commoner who's got the Order of the Elephant!

Viv

I thought it was plum. Black is ok if you break it up with something.

if he was accompanied by a lady wearing a red hat, it may be the comparatively wealthy Mærsk McKinney-Møller....

that's what makes the danish christenings special... and makes us speculate 'bout the names an the godparents...

it wouldn't be strange if nicholas and tatiana were godparents, paul is christian's godfather, and alexia is isabella's godmother, both of them are nicholas' brother and sister, first cousins of frederik...

Back
Top Bottom