Christening of Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine: April 14, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is interesting this debate about the twins´names. I personally was disappointed by the choices.I like Christian and Isabella very much, but certainly not Vincent and Josephine. And it´s not just because they are old-fashioned names. Here in Brasil, there´s been a revival of old fashioned names, like Antonio, Francisco, Bernardo for boys and Luisa, Antonia, Marina for girls. By the way, Isabella is very popular
for girls, as well, after a multitude of Julias.

I am right there with you. I was waiting a while to see if the names would grow on me, but no, I just don't like Vincent and Josephine. I like Isabella a lot (it's my sister's name), not too fond of Christian, but twin's names are just not pretty names for me.

.....and did we not propose such a lot of exquisite names, both, female and male names ???

Jon Bloch Skipper replies that the DRF differs from ordinary citizens as they are confirmed alone.
I know two sets of twins who were confirmed "alone" as in one pair in 1992 and one pair in 1995 and the priest??? My dad :lol::flowers::flowers:

I know two sets of twins who were confirmed "alone" as in one pair in 1992 and one pair in 1995 and the priest??? My dad :lol::flowers::flowers:

I knew we could count on you to elaborate, FasterB. :flowers:

How common are solo-confirmations? I've never heard about one before, excepts for converts and adults.

I knew we could count on you to elaborate, FasterB. :flowers:
Well, I´ll always say something about these things :whistling::lol::whistling:

How common are solo-confirmations? I've never heard about one before, excepts for converts and adults.
It´s not that common. In the 23 years my dad held the job as priest these two were the only ones. He could have had one more, but he didn´t want to confirm his only daughter alone. So he and my mother talked me into being confirmed with my class mates :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

In the case of the two sets of twins. The one set was living at the big big farm and the family and friends of the well-known-in-high-society-class parents filled the parishchurch, so it was due to the size of the church that they were being confirmed alone.

The other pair were the only children at that time living in the parish. All the others "konfirmander" lived in the other parish, where my father was priest :flowers:

Poor Vincent in the video :( he was always crying :(

It's funny that most people do not seem to like Vincent but I quite like it. Traditional, if not "regal." And such a surprise.

I like Josephine as well. I really love Josie, and I am sure her English-speaking mother called her Josie.

Granted, I would have given them different names, but Mary did not take the time to call me before the Christening!! :cool:

I also like the names Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine as a "sibset" names of siblings should compliment, at least in my book. Nice names all around.

These are some of the photos I took of the church where Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine were Christened.

And, where Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik were married, which I didn't realise when I was there, so thank you Stefan.

Attachments

• IMG_6945.jpg
    IMG_6945.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_6948.jpg
    IMG_6948.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_6949.jpg
    IMG_6949.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_6951.jpg
    IMG_6951.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_6952.jpg
    IMG_6952.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_6953.jpg
    IMG_6953.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_6954.jpg
    IMG_6954.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_6955.jpg
    IMG_6955.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_6957.jpg
    IMG_6957.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Thanks yet again, Sun Lion.
Very good quality pics.

The church is called Holmens Kirke = The Naval Church.
BTW the building with the spire to the right across the canal in the first pic is not a church as one might think, but the old stock exchange. Don't know what it's used for now.
I see you had some good pics of the "kirkeskib". They are explained in this post: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-from-around-the-globe-37790.html#post1726583

Back
Top Bottom