The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by imojeen View Post
I think there is some truth behind all jokes. And, It seems like he doesn't have joking skill.
Oh, he does, don´t mistake that. I know, second-hand, that he indeed has joking skills.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
Wonderful photos! Thanks for the link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystiblue View Post
Nice to see the in-laws get on (Pic 19 of 32) !

Se alle billederne: Royalt afterparty på Simons | www.bt.dk
Yes...it looks like everyone had a great time!

Old 04-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Vincent and Josephine are great names, and also totally unexpected. Josephine is one of my late grandmother's names, and I've always been partial to it. She was Genevieve Josephine, and if I ever have a daughter, she'll be getting one of them.

I also thought that Mary looked amazing -- blue is a great color on her.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever......"
Old 04-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Aristocracy

I wonder if Princess Mary ever comes in here !
Old 04-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Aristocracy

in another forum i read that mary looked a little bit sad, i really don't think so, but, she has a post-birth depression maybe?

what i really believe is that mary looked correct and beautiful...

and, how would you feel when the day before the christening, the press is tellin' that your husband is dancing with a blond girl in a discoteque????

(curious thing: it's the same place where the family celebrated the christening that night...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Awwww, that´s so familiar that you share your clothes with your siblings Though I didn´t thought that we would see it this clearly with the CPC, but it´s soooooo sweet
yeah, i agree, but it's very uncommon in royalty... but i liked it!!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Did anyone notice if Marie followed along in Danish with the hymns and the prayers during the christening?
Old 04-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Did anyone notice if Marie followed along in Danish with the hymns and the prayers during the christening?
I don't think they got a closeup of Princess Marie.

Check youtube's DRFGARDEN to be certain.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Gentry

Prince Vince??? What were they thinking? His other names are lovely, even Minik has some sort of style about it...but Vincent is so old-fashioned.
What about traditional Danish names? It seems odd to me that they have honoured the Greenland connection but ignored beautiful Danish names.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Majesty

Here we have a gallery of hats and other head adornments worn during the christening: Billed-Bladet - Kongelige og kendte luftede hattene til tvillingedåben

Helle Reedtz-Thott is a stunner! Even without the...eeh, something on her head. - No, I'm not making fun, I just don't know what such an adornment is called.

Added: Notice picture #10. It looks like she was inspired by an owl. Hornugle in Danish, don't know what that kind of owl is called in English. http://www.google.dk/imgres?imgurl=h...1t:429,r:4,s:0
Old 04-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Serene Highness

It's a fascinator
Old 04-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Royal Highness

All the most widely used names right now were more or less considered old-fashioned 10 years ago.

This distinquised elderly gentlemen (Fyns tidligere biskop Vincent Lind er død - fyens.dk - Odense), the former bishop of Funen, died in 2007 at the ripe old age of 82. His name was Vincent Lind.

Vincent is by no means an unknown name in Denmark, it's just not so widely used - but that is bound to change now. And to my ears it is no more foreign-sounding than e.g. the name Alexander which everyone seem to accept.

The nod to Greenland was beautiful and appropriate IMO - just as Queen Margrethe's name Þórhildur was a beautiful nod to Iceland 70 years ago.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:56 PM
Aristocracy

please! can you explain me why alexander, sophia and mathilda?
thanks!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness

Propably because Mary and Fred simply like the names
Old 04-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Nobility

I'm just guessing here, but I think Alexander is a family name on Mary's side (she has a nephew with the first name of Alexander), Sophia is a DRF name, as is Mathilda, but the latter is also an Australian name (and kind of a nod to the country's famous folk song 'Waltzing Matilda').
Old 04-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Aristocracy

Isabella is simply a star *

Billed-Bladet - BILLED-BLADET denne uge - få et smugkig her!
Old 04-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
That she is.
This was very much her day as well, so your avatar is very appropriate indeed.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:25 PM
Aristocracy

Why Alexander, Sophia and Mathilda?
Only the royal couple know their full reasoning though I note:

Alexander - royal connection - Alexandrine etc.; used in both families in the past, current connection to two of Fred's lovely cousins - Alexandra and Alexia; great meaning and an association with two nephews - Nikolai (after his mother) and Alexander Stephens. Alexander adds an attractive/complimentary sound to the whole name as well.

Sophia - great meaning and sound, Sophie, Sophia etc. is featured widely in the history of the royal family, look into the family tree.

Mathilda - is also a Danish royal name. Mathilde of Belgium is a wonderful example of a modern day bearer. The sound of Ivalo Mathilda together is really pretty and the nod to Australia's Watzing Matilda is special.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Princess View Post
Prince Vince??? What were they thinking? His other names are lovely, even Minik has some sort of style about it...but Vincent is so old-fashioned.
What about traditional Danish names? It seems odd to me that they have honoured the Greenland connection but ignored beautiful Danish names.
Not Prince Vince, Prince Vincet European's don't really abbreviate names as much as we do in English speaking countries.

I'm not fond of the name personally but you mentioned it being 'old fashioned'. Well, in a sense it is, but It's not a particularly popular name in Denmark so that in essence makes it a rather unusual and interesting name for the wee Prince to have.

They did 'honour' names that are well established in the Danish culture. Josephine, Mathilda, Frederik and Alxeander.

That Greenland is an autonomous country within the Commonwealth of the Realm (Rigsfællesskabet), it's hardly surprising that they should have chosen Greenlandic names. A rather lovely gesture I thought.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-19-2011, 02:22 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Isabella is such a confident little girl, would be very interesting to watch her in the next few years. SHe seems to be attached to the young ones, at the Chrestining she kept stroking the prince's head and keeping an eye on him.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:02 AM
Majesty

Was Prince Felipe present?

Oh and by the way..Isabella is so cute!She has the face of her father!