Christening of Prince Christian: January 21, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm glad they gave it John as well, after Mary's father. Very nice touch to include names of both the grandfathers.

First pics from Polfoto

madzqb.jpg
madzqr.jpg

Barnedåb

Offentliggjort lørdag d. 21. januar 2006

Christian Valdemar Henri John

from kronprinsparret.dk

Last edited:
What an emotional man, just like my husband who still cries when he looks at our 5 year old sleeping :)

I think the whole Christening is very beautiful and the little boy singing is very moving.

carlota said:
and the english of john instead of danish hans (that's it in danish isn't it?)
The Danish version of John would be Johannes, John the Baptist is called Johannes Døberen in Danish, I think.

Yes but if he is named after his grandfathers, shouldn't the names Henrik and John be the same spelling as his grandparents?

Valdemar (not to be confused with Voldemort) is actually the name of four Danish kings - the first one by the moniker Valdemar the Great.

henrik is the danish way he was born henri. I love the music. This christening is very beutiful and I like the name.

Felix and Nicolai are so cute. I love how Felix is sleeping.

Last edited by a moderator:
from http://www.crownprincecouple.dk/

Godfathers and godmothers to the little Prince:

Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
Mrs. Jane Stephens
His Royal Highness Prince Joachim
His Royal Highness Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
His Royal Highness Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece
Mr. Hamish Campbell
Mr. Jeppe Handwerk

Josefine said:
Joachim and felix has the names Valdemar in their names
And Frederik has both Henrik (though the Danish spelling) and Christian.

I think we can say that Prince Christian has been duly named after everyone... :D

I love how Victoria keeps smiling at Christian. Let's hope this makes her want to settle down now. ;)

Danes and royals brave snow for prince christening

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060121/lf_afp/afplifestyledenmarkaustraliaroyals_060121103649

COPENHAGEN (AFP) - Danes and royals from across Europe braved a heavy snow storm to gather in Copenhagen for the christening of Denmark's new prince, the son of Australian-born Princess Mary and Danish Crown Prince Frederik.
The bad weather forced the Norwegian royals attending, including Crown Prince Haakon who will be the Danish prince's godfather, were forced to take the train down to the Danish capital instead of flying.
Frederik's brother Prince Joachim was to be another godfather, and Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Princess Mary's sister Jane were to be the baby prince's godmothers.

Its seems like a very relaxed ceremony. I love the music.

#1-3: Photos from ANP
#4-7: NRK.no
#8: Reuters
#9: kronprinsparret.dk (I really like this photo)

Attachments

• 2326433.jpg
    2326433.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 2,337
  • 2326444.jpg
    2326444.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 399
  • 2326450.jpg
    2326450.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 447
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 872
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 908
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 721
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 525
  • r1193534239.jpg
    r1193534239.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 2,014
  • daab.jpg
    daab.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:
Mary is very emotional. She seems to be crying now.

Thankd for the pics so far. Mary's definately one of the best royal dressers (thanks to her personal stylist). A very good ceremony, a mix of formal and informal.

What did Mary say in Danish before she got into the car? I understood "Takk" from Frederick! ;)

That was a very beautiful ceremony. I cried a little. The music was so moving and beautiful and everyone else was doing it. I loved this chirstening. I love Marys flower head piece. Prince Christian Vlademar Henri John is so big. I do hope this inspires Victoria to marry and start a family of her own.

Mary said that it had been fairly easy to agree on the names. I suppose when you are to pick four names, it is easier to agree than when you're just looking for one name.

How gallant of Joachim to hold the door for Mette-Marit... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
2 more from tv2

Attachments

• 704826.jpg
    704826.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,595
  • 704827.jpg
    704827.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 2,271
Someone asked Victoria: Are you proud to be a godmother?

Victoria: Jättestolt (Very proud)

Back
Top Bottom