Annual Holiday to Verbier, Switzerland: 2002-2015, 2017, 2018, 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To me it is quite normal that a kid of his age wants to run and play in the snow I don't think it is necessary to apply any kind of discipline!!!!!I wouldn't do that to my son at all.

Surely, Christian has a temper tantrum of a normal two years old boy. He makes me laugh so hard when I saw the crown prince Frederick struggle to keep Cristian in his arm. "Why should we have to leave dad. it is so fun to play on snow".

thanks Michell for the video!

Wow. little Christian seems to be a handful on this trip. Probably like most other kids, he just wanted his way, to be put down so that he could walk on his own and play in the snow.
Little Isabella looked like a little rag doll just sitting there wondering what was going on. I'm glad they had her bundled up against the cold. Her poor little nose was so red!!

Yes, Mary recycled the brown jacket which was first photograhed on their post-honeymoon trip to Greenland. She and Frederik were shown on their skis.

I hope that I haven't upset some of you. Temper tantrums are of course normal at his age and I was not implying that he should not run and play in the snow, of course I think that he should have fun.

I hope that I haven't upset some of you. Temper tantrums are of course normal at his age and I was not implying that he should not run and play in the snow, of course I think that he should have fun.

No not at all nor should you apologize for your opinion, PG.:)

Christian is at that age and his behavior is normal. Although I will say, that I was getting quite worried when he started walking faster and faster and faster away from the family, while Frederik, Isabella, and Mary were still smiling for photos. Finally, Frederik noticed that Christian might just fall down that steep hill, so he jumped up and grabbed him :ohmy: Finally. All I kept thinking was, "Uhhh, the kid...the kid... the kid!!! Someone, please, grab Christian before he disappears down that giant mountain slope!"

The whole family look great and it's nice to see them all together.:flowers:

Can some Danish speaker tell us what they said?
It was mostly small-talk Paty - showing Christian things (so I he would stand still for photos :)) - and at one point Frederik said something like 'don't drop the snowball on your sister's head'.
Frederik was asked how he felt about approaching his 40th birthday to which he replied that he considered it to be just a number.

How is Christian's name pronounced in Denmark??

I was wondering that too, is it not pronounced the same way? I actually also noticed Frederik's name is pronounced differently in Danish as well. Although I could be wrong.

Christian seems to be quite a talker.:wub:

What was he saying? The cameras were too loud for me to make it out. I just heard him chattering away. I clearly heard him say "No, no, no" when his dad was trying to restrain him, however.:rolleyes:

i just watched to clip of them on holiday , and i reckon that little chris can be a bit of a handfull sometime,

i don't know if anyone has notice but every time there is a photo chritian is always looking up and now i know why.

i like how there is no airs and grace's about fred and mary when it come to there kids , i do think if it was behind closed doors and he was acting like that i think he would probley got in to trouble .

no offance who ever is reading this

Absolutely no airs and graces! - Mary even turned up without a Kleenex, and wiped Christians snotty nose on her trousers!

Absolutely no airs and graces! - Mary even turned up without a Kleenex, and wiped Christians snotty nose on her trousers!

I thought I saw a kleenex. Oh, well, you do what you have to!

Thanks to the poster who provided the video. The kids are adorable.

Frederick handled Christian's temper tantrum well. Christian looks very strong and determined.

I don't think she has a Kleenex, she just "wash" her hand in the snow water!

Can some Danish speaker tell us what they said?
Oh, dear, in this video one can really see what it must be like to do such a photo-thing. It'd go crazy if they kept calling frantically "Mary, Mary! Here!" :eek:

I find it very nice how Mary speaks Danish with Christian, I guess, that's hard, I always speak my mother tongue with little children :D, well it's more mother-ese then...:D

The children should be wearing sun glasses. Damages that will result in cataracts starts very early and can be prevented with always using sunglasses when by water or snow.

Some great photos here, at Blick. Click on the pictures to make them larger, scroll to get more (there's 32 in total) :flowers:

Thanks to caroline at the CPMMB for the find

Last edited:
Some great photos here, at Blick. Click on the pictures to make them larger, scroll to get more (there's 32 in total) :flowers:

Thanks to caroline at the CPMMB for the find

The picture 14 of Christian looking at the snowball was adorable.
Picture 11 was also really cute, looked like Christian was in a serioues conversation with the family:D

Aw, cute!:wub:
Thank you for all the pictures. The children are so cute and lovely. I can only repeat what all of said before. Isabella starts to look a little bit like Christian. They have the same nose. Both have beautiful eyes. They are realy pretty siblings.

Did anyone else not particularly like the comment Mary made about Isabella's weight?

Q: With her barely ten months Isabella naturally cannot walk by herself yet, but has she started to crawl?
- “She’s in position”, said Frederik, “But she is still a bit sluggish”.
- “Yes, perhaps she weighs a bit too much”, smiled Mary.

From a translated article.....

i noted that comment too. kind of an odd thing to say about an infant.

Back
Top Bottom