Annual Holiday to Verbier, Switzerland: 2002-2015, 2017, 2018, 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone know if there were other friends that joined them on this almost totally overlooked holiday? Victoria and family? Any odd 'missing' royals? It just seems to have flown so easily under the radar you just have to wonder.

Does anyone know if there were other friends that joined them on this almost totally overlooked holiday? Victoria and family? Any odd 'missing' royals? It just seems to have flown so easily under the radar you just have to wonder.

They are probably very happy for the "under the radar".

I think I saw photos of the Belgian royals in Verbier the same week Mary and Frederik went there.
They were with some Danish friends too. Malou and Jørgen Skeel were pictured with them and Johan Wedell (or something like that) too.

Last edited:
They are probably very happy for the "under the radar".

I think I saw photos of the Belgian royals in Verbier the same week Mary and Frederik went there.
They were with some Danish friends too. Malou and Jørgen Skeel were pictured with them and Johan Wedell (or something like that) too.

Belgian royals in Verbier? I wont be surprised but they usual have a photocall.

It seems this year Frederik and Mary's trip has been missed, its nice they get away from the press but wonder why no interest. They usually travel with their Danish friends to Verbier.

:previous:
Missed?
Why and how do you think F&M's holiday has been missed?
It has been just like all other years? Except for F&M and children not hold a photo session this year ( like they don't did last year), but instead took nice pictures themselves and sent their private pictures out on their social media.
F&M's winter holiday is always, and have always been private. And they send out these pictures exactly to avoid photographers on their winter holiday.

This year they also traveled with Danish friends and Mary's family. Also as usual.

:previous:
Missed?
Why and how do you think F&M's holiday has been missed?
It has been just like all other years? Except for F&M and children not hold a photo session this year ( like they don't did last year), but instead took nice pictures themselves and sent their private pictures out on their social media.
F&M's winter holiday is always, and have always been private. And they send out these pictures exactly to avoid photographers on their winter holiday.

This year they also traveled with Danish friends and Mary's family. Also as usual.

Missed by in has been low key. I find in the past it was picked up a bit more by the media.

Verbier photoshoot

Is the plan for the 2019 Verbier photo shoot? In recent years, annual photography and 2017 2018 no

Is the plan for the 2019 Verbier photo shoot? In recent years, annual photography and 2017 2018 no

I don't think anyone knows yet.
Or even if they are going to Verbier.

We shall see in a couple of weeks. The school winter holiday here in DK is in week #7 or 8, depending on the school.

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, not sure what to think of this.

The photographer Jesper Sunesen is often used in connection with Aller Press that owns most weeklies in DK, including S&H and BB.
I haven't seen these photos outisde S&H and not among the obvious who would bring photos of the CP-family, i.e. BB, BT and TV2.

So I suspect the photographer went to Switzerland, made himself visible and took a few snaps of the family.
Because it's obviously not a photoshoot and the facial expressions doesn't suggest to me that M&F were prepared let along pleased.

Anyway the S&H article mention that Isabella and Christian were nowhere to be seen. It suggests that Christian was back at Herlufsholm and Isabella may not even have gone to Switzerland with her parents.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...z-mary-og-frederik-har-proevet-noget-helt-nyt
The BB article has additional details. They state that Christian was there, but mainly skiing with other people, presumably friends, rather than his parents and siblings.
The article doesn't specifically say that Isabella wasn't there, bit only mention that "they have let go a little of their two eldest children." - So that lends credence to the suggestion that Isabella wasn't there at all.

- It is of course something must parents of teens are familiar with. At a certain age your children sometimes prefer to go on holiday with friends rather than their parents.

Thanks Muhler. The CP family usually has friends along with them in Verbier, so I can imagine groups splitting up. Or the eldest two skiing with friends their ages more. Of course, maybe the press just didn't catch them all together on a particular day.

Sounds plausible, not least because some of M&F's friends also have children in their teens, so perhaps they ganged up and went somewhere else than "the old folks."

Last edited:
Eml

Sounds plausible, not least because some of M&F's friends also have children in their teens, so perhaps they ganged up and went somewhere else than "the old folks."

It is such a shame that on a private holiday it cannot be private for them. The family gave their all to the public during Mary’s birthday celebrations.

It is such a shame that on a private holiday it cannot be private for them. The family gave their all to the public during Mary’s birthday celebrations.

I agree. That said, the odd picture when they are out skiing in a public area is hardly the end of the world.

I suspect they are probably back in Copenhagen by now. Mary is due to meet with Catherine today and / or tmrw.

Back
Top Bottom