Annual Holiday to Verbier, Switzerland: 2002-2015, 2017, 2018, 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also can not wait to see Mary and Frederik and all their adorable children. And it is already in three days :) :)

Last edited:
Gasp !!! Royals on vacation !!! :eek:At an expensive resort!!! OMG does this not mean they are being insensitive and uncaring about the people at home suffering through an economic crisis?!?? How dare they!!!! This must surely signal the end of the monarchy!!!!

PS....purely sarcasm based on the outrage some posters have directed at the Cambridges for sharing in a Middleton family vacation on Mustique.:whistling:

Gasp !!! Royals on vacation !!! :eek:At an expensive resort!!! OMG does this not mean they are being insensitive and uncaring about the people at home suffering through an economic crisis?!?? How dare they!!!! This must surely signal the end of the monarchy!!!!

PS....purely sarcasm based on the outrage some posters have directed at the Cambridges for sharing in a Middleton family vacation on Mustique.:whistling:

:ROFLMAO: NGalitzine, I'll never understand what all that fuss was about. Everyone here on this thread seems to be happy that these other royals are going on vacation and looking forward to the pictures.

Possibly, no one minds because the entire Danish Royal Family has worked hard for the past few months (and pretty much at all times).
Oh, and the Danish economy wasn't hurt as badly as some of the other EU economies, including the British.

I think we should refrain from bringing the Mustique debate to this thread though.

Last edited:
Possibly, no one minds because the entire Dutch Royal Family has worked hard for the past few months (and pretty much at all times).
Oh, and the Dutch economy wasn't hurt as badly as some of the other EU economies, including the British.

I think we should refrain from bringing the Mustique debate to this thread though.

This is the Danish thread :ermm:

And Denmark economy hasn't been doing to well http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/15/us-denmark-economy-idUSBRE8AE12U20121115

And I don't year anything about the Danish Royals taking a cut in funding like the others i.e Spain

Last edited:
This is the Danish thread :ermm:
My bad, thanks for spotting. :flowers:

I was reading about the holiday in Lech before coming to this thread and automatically wrote "Dutch" instead of "Danish". The post was made about the Danish royals though so I corrected the mistake. The economies of the Scandinavian countries, while still affected by the crisis, were most definitely not affected on the same level as, say, the Portuguese or Spanish ones, or the British one for that matter.

Last edited:
My bad, thanks for spotting. :flowers:

I was reading about the holiday in Lech before coming to this thread and automatically wrote "Dutch" instead of "Danish". The post was made about the Danish royals though so I corrected the mistake. The economies of the Scandinavian countries, while still affected by the crisis, were most definitely not affected on the same level as, say, the Portuguese or Spanish ones, or the British one for that matter.

How is it better than the UK when
Danish economy may be in recession: finance minister
Danish economy may be in recession: finance minister | Reuters

Or
Danish Economy Is Faltering as Growth Risks Persist, IMF Says
Danish Economy Is Faltering as Growth Risks Persist, IMF Says - Bloomberg

Sorry for the OT

Last edited:
Well, i'm happy that the royals are getting away because all of them (British, Danish, etc) have been working hard and should have some private time to themselves with their families.

Let's stay on topic of this thread - thanks!

The Verbier holiday is a highlight in the year for us to see the family interact in a natural way with the children and having loads of fun. Surley we don't always need to see them only at official events. Giving us some great pics of them at play is good for them and good for us. We get what we want and the family can be left alone for some private time. I am looking forward to seeing the interactions between the children especially as the twins will be running about. Hope Mary and all the family will be enough for it.

By the way because of dear little Christian I managed to answer a question [from home] on a TV Quizz show correctly. The question was about Lightning McQueen and which show he was a character 'in' - the answer was "Cars." The only reason I knew this was because Ulrik [a journalist] interviewed Christian at Klosters in 2009 and asked him "What else is fun on the holiday with Isabella and Mum and Dad?" He answered; "Flash McQueen, Doc Hudson and Hudson Hornet. " Mary explained he was a great fan of the Disney animation film "Cars." So thanks to Christian I got something right, as I remembered it.:ROFLMAO:;) Funny where you learn about things.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for sharing those gifs, polyesco. I've never seen them before and they absolutely made my day :flowers:

We'll definitely see some action and cannot wait to see who's going to be the first to run off. Maybe Josephine this time because last time (the concert at christmas) was Vincent's time. :p

I remember the scene with little Christian and Lynet McQeen (= Lightning McQueen) from the movie "Cars", it was very funny and sweet :) I think it was back in 2009.
I travels to Norway on vacation on monday, so I am happy I have my Sunday free to see the photos of the crown prince family. Christian and Isabella is always so cute and funny and I looks forward to see Vincent and Josephine and how they will follow in their big siblings steps :) Looking at their mommy Marys birthdays photos they look like some spunky ones too :)

Last edited:
Next week is winter holidays in Denmark, the schools are closed. A lot of Danish families use the opportunity to go take a skiing vacation somewhere.
There's no reason for the Danes to complain about this trip. Neither Frederik and Mary, nor Joachim and Marie for that matter, are taking the children out of school to go on a vacation and they're not doing anything that's uncommon for a normal Danish family. Except of course inviting the press over for a photo opportunity:ROFLMAO:

I'm really looking forward to seeing all the pictures.

Hope Mary's recovered from her flu.

I hope so too :) I was quite ill for several days, but I'm crossing my fingers for Mary. It would be sad without her plus I guess that Frederik would have enough to do with four very active kids on the slopes :ROFLMAO:

10-02-2013 Verbier Princess Mary and Prince Frederik and Prince Christian and Princess Isabella and Princess Josephine and Prince Vincent during a photosession at the start of their ski holiday posing for the media in the snow in Verbier.

PPE picture gallery

Billed Bladet has an article with a group picture see here ** Translated article

Last edited:
The twins are so big! Love Josephines hat.

Lovely pictures so far :flowers:
It looks freeeeezing cold, but lovely pictures. Isabella is always ready for fun and happy days despite minus 20 degrees :D
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2013/PPE13021014.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2013/PPE13021012.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2013/PPE13021011.jpg

I look forward to seeing many more pictures.

And love Josephine's little hat.

Hey daddy, I can see everything from up here
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2013/PPE13021029.jpg :wub:

It looked like that little Josephine at a time felt that her collar was too tight. Mom Mary loosened it and then this happened... :D
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2013/PPE13021087.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2013/PPE130210118.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2013/PPE130210105.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2013/PPE130210122.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Sweet kids, sweet family :) It's some great and funny images and The images of Mary who toboggan with Josephine and Isabella are funny. I hope they will have a very nice vacation. I leave tonight but I hope I have time to see some more images until I leave.

Isabella in full speed :) Princess Isabella Of Denmark Poses For Photographs On

All of the children are growing up so fast, the twins and Isabella both look like they've grown a bit since we last saw pictures of them and Christian also looks taller. What a lovely family, thank you everyone for posting the pictures, the one of Josephine showing the cameras her teeth is adorable! :wub:

good to see christian has dressed sensibly you almost cant even see him :) :) [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto He has a speciel place in my heart. He is a amazing little boy and now so grown up. I love the images of Frederik kissing his little son when both him and Josephine looked like they for a few minutes have get enough of icy winds and icy temperatures [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto The landscape looks beautiful too!

lovely pictures of the family!!!
Christian is a young little man already and only 7 years old and has half of the size of his mom and she's tall.
Isabella's outfit is the most grogeous, im happy they choose lighter colors for one of the kids.
Vincent and Josephine are a full of happiness, and it seems that this time around was Josephine's moment (her cute bear hat with her many funny faces, either smiling, showing her teeth, her tongue, a crying face and her serious look)

What a lovely bunch of images. It's always great to see a family enjoy some time together, away from the duties that fill the daily lives of a royal. The children seem to be enjoying themselves, and I love Josephine's bear hat and Isabella's checkered ski jacket and hat with a pom-pom. Christian's checkered ski pants are nice too.

Back
Top Bottom