Annual Holiday to Verbier, Switzerland: 2002-2015, 2017, 2018, 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for posting the pictures from Swiss. Mary's hair looks really good with the new hair cut. Looks like the whole family is having a good time, Mary looks good for being pregnant about 6 months. It would be nice to see pictures of Christian playing with the snow

I told you with her new haircut that Mary would look good with her trademark "trendy cap and oversized sunnies"...I told you so!!! I love the poncho and whole look...brown undershirt, snow boots and lastly can you believe how skinny and great her legs and the rest look for being six months pregnant!!!! I wish I looked like that normally let alone when pregnant...

I looked like a beached whale at the six month stage of all three of my pregnancies...Oh, what I wouldn't do for some of Mary's jean genes ;)

No ,look at the picture in post #10 , there you can see clearly her belly, she looks pregnant there. I think you can even see her belly-button...

Last edited:
Thanks Lilytornado for a nice big picture where we can see her belly...finally! She does not seem pregnant at all in the other pic's!

Last edited:
The new photos are really cute. Christian is just so cute. He looks a bit bored, doesn't he? ;)
Btw, they seem to have gorgeous winter weather in Switzerland!

Her blue coat is the best! She looks gorgeous on it! I wonder if little Christian is walking now!

Those new pictures are lovely!
Frederik so handsome, Mary so fresh and pretty in blue and Christian, the image of a happy and much loved baby!
Though he is serious in the pictures...he's probably just more interested in watching the photographers than smiling!

so sweet photos! mary and frederik let that the press do photos of them in avery ocation, great for they, another royals never let to anybody take photos of them

I actually think Mary and Frederik "let" the press/media/photographers take photos of them for purely selfish reasons, i.e. they want those *family* snaps for their own personal album...You can buy those photos from certain media agencies and I think Frederik is pretty clever at striking up a deal with them to...Like he might say "Yes, you can take a photo of me and my family, but in return I would like professionally printed photos of all shots, possibly 8" x 10" sent to me personally"...Those ones taken in Tasmanian in the wildlife sanctuary look along the same lines...cute happy snaps of the family and Christian in his first encounter with Australian wildlife...now who wouldn't want those sorts of photos in their private photo albums?

Now one more trivial question...Is Mary a left-hander? I thought/think she is...I remember vaguely from the wedding noticing her sign the book and saying "Wow, she's a left-hander just like me :) "

Beautiful pics of the family! I must say I like Mary's hair more and more. I really the sleek/shiny look of it. Thanks to all that have shared the photos!

Xeara said:
I actually think Mary and Frederik "let" the press/media/photographers take photos of them for purely selfish reasons, i.e. they want those *family* snaps for their own personal album...You can buy those photos from certain media agencies and I think Frederik is pretty clever at striking up a deal with them to........

I don't think that Frederik's private photo album is the reason for these photos. His parents have always done the same when they e.g. took their annual holidays in France; a photo session one of the first days and then a gentleman's agreement to leave the royal family in peace to enjoy their stay.

Don't Charles do something like this when he goes skiing with his sons - and the Dutch royal family too?

Xeara said:
I actually think Mary and Frederik "let" the press/media/photographers take photos of them for purely selfish reasons, i.e. they want those *family* snaps for their own personal album...You can buy those photos from certain media agencies and I think Frederik is pretty clever at striking up a deal with them to...Like he might say "Yes, you can take a photo of me and my family, but in return I would like professionally printed photos of all shots, possibly 8" x 10" sent to me personally"...Those ones taken in Tasmanian in the wildlife sanctuary look along the same lines...cute happy snaps of the family and Christian in his first encounter with Australian wildlife...now who wouldn't want those sorts of photos in their private photo albums?

What an odd thing to think and say???

Xeara said:
I actually think Mary and Frederik "let" the press/media/photographers take photos of them for purely selfish reasons, "

I think they let the media take pics of them to a certain extent, like at the beginning of a trip in exchange for the media giving them privacy for the rest of the trip. I don't think it is for any selfish reasons at all.

I agree--probably because he spent a lot of time in the sun with no protection.

Xeara said:
I actually think Mary and Frederik "let" the press/media/photographers take photos of them for purely selfish reasons

It's a case of dinged if you do, dinged if you don't. If you read the threads about Infanta Leonor, who is almost never seen, pages are filled with "Where's Leonor? Why don't they show her like Mary and Frederik do Christian?"

I think Mary and Frederik try to do what Haakon and Mette-Marit, and Maxima and Willem-Alexander have done, which is control the amount of photographers who trail them by giving them a certain number of shots in hope that the photogs will back off. However, since Mary and Frederik don't have the strict laws to help back them up (W-A and Maxima- check out the royal press agreement thread in the Royal House of the Netherlands Section), and are one of the most internationally popular crown princely couples (with Felipe and Letizia, Fred and Mary are tops), they don't have as much success. One great shot of Fred and Mary can pay a photographer's rent for a month. The first pics of Mary, along with the news that she was the one dating Frederik, sold for several thousand dollars. It's just the sad way of the paparazzi.

I think royals have to let the photogs take pics of them. How else are they going to stay popular? I also think that there are a lot of royals that do have an agreement with the press and the press respects them after they get their pics. I think these types of photo shoots are a great way to keep interest in the family at a good level without it becoming an unhealthy and obsessive level.

Looking into the future: Does anyone think the frequency of the photo shoots will change as Christian and the new baby get older? I kind of think it will because the kids will need some privacy to grow up and be somewhat like other kids. I'm not saying they'll shut their kids off from the world or anything just a little less frequent, maybe photo sessions that are focused more on special occassions.

RachelD said:
I think it's just a case of bad angle and bad quality of photo. Reason being because they look pretty normal in the other photos...the strong lighting (the sun) could also have alot to do with it...:flowers:

I think they both look great! I love Mary's hair more and more. The short cut really works for her.

MARY AND FREDERIK HIT THE SNOWY SLOPES OF VERBIER

Crown Princess Mary of Denmark has been celebrating turning 34 in ice cool style. The Aussie-born royal, her husband Crown Prince Frederik and their son Prince Christian opted for a break in the glamourous Swiss resort of Verbier.

Christian, now 15-months-old, stole the show during a family photo-call as he smiled and waved for the photographers while wrapped up snugly in his snow suit. And, as always, Mary - who is expecting her second child in early May - cut a glamorous figure on the slopes with sunglasses perched on her newly bobbed hair and sporting a stylish powder-blue jacket.
Full article

Why can't they get things right? Mary turned 35! :bang:

I think that all photo sessions are very natural so for Prince Christian it isn't a tired photo session, I think it will continue to be that way even when he grows up! Their parents now exactly the way to turns things very natural and easy to him, and to me that is wonderful to see so natural photos of this Royal Couple, something we cannot see in other Royals!!

JessRulz said:
Why can't they get things right? Mary turned 35! :bang:

They must have heard you, because now the article has been changed :flowers:

Frederik, Mary & Christian in Verbier, pictures & article on the Danish Royal Watcher. Picture of Mary holding a flower plant which is cute and some of the christian

dazzling said:
Frederik, Mary & Christian in Verbier, pictures & article on the Danish Royal Watcher. Picture of Mary holding a flower plant which is cute and some of the christian

Such adorable photos :flowers: Must say that Prince Christian is very cute waving at the photographer! He must be a smart guy who already at 1 y.o. have figured out the number one royal task - waving at the crowds :ROFLMAO:

KikkiB said:
They must have heard you, because now the article has been changed :flowers:

They have to! Someone must have complained

And you're welcome suss_2

Back
Top Bottom