Annual Holiday to Verbier, Switzerland: 2002-2015, 2017, 2018, 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is 4 different parkas for Mary?
Do they have tobagen runs at the ski area?
And we are not counting the others that are in her wardbrobe and that she has worn just one time...a white and red jacket from 2002, herwonderful Prada ski black jacket tha is on my avatar...
it seams that htis north face purple ski suit is a new one...:whistling:

I love the pictures with Isabella and her determined tongue sticking out of her mouth as she tries to steer thru the hoops! too cute~

Love the ski school pics and wonder what language the instructors use for all their students.

I love the pictures from Her og Nu, Isabella's facial expressions in particular are quite hilarious.

The ski school pictures really are fantastic. It's nice to see the family enjoying themselves on holiday.

If they did this, the media relationship with the royal house would turn sour, I am very sure. Its a dangerous issue since the media could then start bringing up unflattering topics etc.

Nobody urges the family to make holiday in full public view in Verbier. If they wouldnt want to put up with the photographers there every day they'd go somewhere else.

My guess is that this holiday partly takes place to generate these well appreciated fairy tale image pictures for the public and that the photographers are highly welcome. The rest is blah blah, they know exactly that the media wont stay away after one shoot with the family continuing to be on full display.

Do you think there is a slope just for the CP couple to take their children for lessons or for the babies to play? Where do you expect them to take them? Some place that is not safe just so the press cannot see them. You place the blame on them for something they have no control over. :bang:

Do you think there is a slope just for the CP couple to take their children for lessons or for the babies to play? Where do you expect them to take them? Some place that is not safe just so the press cannot see them. You place the blame on them for something they have no control over. :bang:

i dont get your comment.

all i said was if they wanted a quiet skiing holiday because they are annoyed with the media they could go to other places than verbier that are not a high society hotspot.

but they dont what tells me that they dont mind the press.

i didnt place any blame on them for anything.

I interpreted the press release prior to the photo op as : "You'll get some nice family feel-good pics of us. In return, please don't pester us".

And I think the press has respected that wish.

We have since then only seen M&F with their children at the pist for small children.
A very public place, with lots of people around.
At least Mary and Isabella were aware of the photographer, as they looked straight at him/her. - So no candid photos here.

As far as I know, there haven't been photographers laying in wait outside the chalet, each time they went out.
They haven't been followed around when skiing, going for a walk or dining out. Something they have no doubt been doing.

So I think the press and M&F have been very obliging towards each other.

Summary of a few articles in Billed Bladet #07, 2012.
All written by our Alpine correspondent Ulrik Ulriksen.

It was minus 18 degrees C, when M&F and their children arrived by car to the photoshoot.
Bella hugged daddy's leg lovingly as they approached the photographers.
Frederik opened the ball by saying: "Good morning, are you able to stay warm"?
Posing with four lively children was a bit of a challenge. The twins at least could be held, but Christian and Isabella went rolling down a gentle slope, which was so much fun!
When Mary posed with her youngest son, Vincent, Isabella played aeroplane behind them.
Mary said: "It's lovely to have all four children with us on a skiing holiday. It's simply so great, even though it is of course something of a logistic challenge. With (children) there is quite a lot to track of. Just look at that". Gesturing towards Christian sliding on his belly down a slope, followed by Bella.

Josephine turned up her charm and sported a couple of teeth.
Have they learned how to walk? Mary: "No, not quite, but almost".

How are the twins enjoying their holiday? Frederik: "The twins get a couple of trips on a bobsleigh".
But when will they get skiing lessons then?
Frederik: "Oh, that's a good question. But first and foremost they should, right here and now have a hurrah-experience, and then, after two or three years, that is, a bit further out in the future, then they'll learn how to ski".

How are the two oldest doing? Frederik replied that both Christian and Isabella are pretty good on skis.

On the way back M&F swapped twins and the family had to walk up a slope in order to get to the car. And here Isabella came to a dead stop. That slope was daunting for her and little legs, så Mary gently gave her a push in the behind and that restarted the rye-bread-engine. (*)

During the photo shoot our reporter observed that:
The twins are very skilled crawlers!
Mary speaks bot Danish and English with her two oldest and that Isabella called her "Mummy". (**)

Christian called for his sister to join him in sliding down the slope with: "Come on, Bella".

Christian and Isabelle greeted all the photographers with: "Hi".

The hand-knitted cap Mary wore during the shoot is by Birger Christensen. It has a pompom made of the fur from a fox and it costs 2.200 DKK. :eek:

The same morning Bella and Christian arrived in Verbier, Frederik took them with him to rent skis for them.
Mary spend a lot of time with Isabella in particular in the first few days. While Christian attended a ski-school, she and Bella had a girl's lunch.

A lot of the friends of M&F stayed with them in Verbier or where there. Amber Petty was observed strolling with Caroline Ahlefeldt. Mary's sister Jane, appeard to have a good rapport with Frederik and on this vacation he took her up on the slopes to ski. She is an accomplished skier, the articles says, and the next day she was guide for other of M&F's Australian guests.
Don't know who they were, only Jane and Amber are mentioned in the articles. It wasn't Amber Petty, she didn't ski, but preferred to stroll and shop in Verbier town with Caroline Ahlefeldt and Mary.

(*) People's personal stamina is sometimes referred to here in DK as the rye-bread-engine.

(**) Christian has been known to call her "Mor". Perhaps that depends on which language they speak? Or perhaps Bella simply finds it more natural to call Mary "Mummy"?

A trip to the past for comparison: https://picasaweb.google.com/100865900034584557354/KronprinsparretMedMasseAfTid#

The first pics of Christian in a brown ski suit are from 2007. - A little later Bella arrived:

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again many thanks for the translation Muhler. I like the Rye-Bread-Engine reference. I am trying to think of a comparison we use here, but I've only just woken up and the caffeine hasn't kicked in yet, to get the brain cells moving. cheers.

I like that they're re-using the snow suits from when Bell and Christian were younger.

Was there any video this year? I know I should be content with photo's, but I'm hoping?

:previous: The last set of pictures was just fabulous! Frederik was having a blast, along with the kids, and I loved the sequence of him taking pictures with his phone.

heheheh, frederik is truly enjoying himself with his twins! adorable!

is the lady with frederik the nanny of the twins?
i wonder where mary is, i guess she took time off to ski with her friend.

CP Frederik had earlier in the week 'child watch' during family ski vacation in Verbier.
He took care of Princess Isabella, Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine while Princess Mary was skiing with Prince Christian.
Many photos: Kronprins Frederik kælker med Prins Vincent og Prinsesse Josephine - Frederiks kælketur med tvillingerne - Fotogallerier

It states in the caption that she was skiing with her son Prince Christian.

I think that the woman on the photos is the nanny of the tiwns. You could see that women on the earlier photographs of CP Mary, her friend Amber and kids.
It is said under photos that CP Mary went skiing with Prince Christian.

Last edited:
Are there no pics from Saturday? Is the family returning home instead?

PHOTO OPPORTUNITY WITH THE CROWN PRINCE COUPLE AND THEIR CHILDREN IN VERBIER

On Sunday 10 February 2013 The Crown Prince Couple and their children will pose for photographs for members of the press in connection with the family’s skiing holiday.

The brief photo session will take place at 09.30 a.m. by the roundabout next to Restaurant Carrefour, Verbier, Switzerland.

By providing this photo opportunity we hope that photographers and the media will respect The Crown Prince Couple’s wish of refraining from taking additional photographs of the family during their holiday.

Kind regards,
Lene Balleby
Communications and Press Secretary
Published February 4, 2013

Source: kongehuset.dk

One of my favourite annual events! Can't wait.

Cant wait to see the kids in the snow. I think this is a smart move by the cp couple and other royals, pose for pictures and ask/hope that they will be left alone the rest of the time.

All 4 of their children can walk - and run - now. I think we can expect some "action".
It will be interesting to see how - or if - the CP couple can keep control. :)

All 4 of their children can walk - and run - now. I think we can expect some "action".
It will be interesting to see how - or if - the CP couple can keep control. :)

Yes def. some action shots :ROFLMAO:

I can see some snowball throwing
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltyzeoQMLB1qgmfwso3_r2_250.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltyzeoQMLB1qgmfwso2_r3_250.gif

and either Vincent or Josephine running off :ROFLMAO: like Christian did
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltyzeoQMLB1qgmfwso4_r4_250.gif

Thanks, love the ones of Christian with the snowballs. I am sure we will get some great pics this year. Looking forward to seeing the children together other than the Christmas concert this will be the first time.
So looking forward to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's gonna be very exciting to see all the kids in action. I'm sure Christian and Isabella will be thrilled to have Vincent and Josephine to play with this time.

Back
Top Bottom