Annual Holiday to Verbier, Switzerland: 2002-2015, 2017, 2018, 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tyger I agree with you, very very chubby babies, but I think all of Mary's children have looked like they were well fed, she is such a small women, its remarkable how big her babies are.

Oh no, she has always been that way, don´t blame the attention of the twins :flowers:

Yes, Isabella always had that joie de vivre about her and displayed many a playful antic prior to the twins' birth. I remember a picture taken of her licking a window before the twins came; it was hysterical.

Last edited:
I think Isabella is just a very happy, and cheerful little girl. In many pictures, she is striving to be like her older brother, and not necessarily vying for attention. She most likely has a great sense of humor, and loves to joke around. Her facial expressions are almost always priceless.

Alls I'll say is that those twin babies look very well-fed. :) Must be a handful to carry - and I don't mean behaviorally. :p Frederick and Mary must have muscles.

These chubby baby cheeks run in the family; I've seen a picture of QMII as a baby and she had the same cheeks as Josephine. Frederik had a short baby period with these chubby cheeks as well :)

These chubby baby cheeks run in the family; I've seen a picture of QMII as a baby and she had the same cheeks as Josephine. Frederik had a short baby period with these chubby cheeks as well :)

Images of princess infants Anne-Marie (1946) and her daughter Alexia (1965) spring to mind!

viv

Alls I'll say is that those twin babies look very well-fed. :) Must be a handful to carry - and I don't mean behaviorally. :p Frederick and Mary must have muscles.
Agreed,I thought the same thing, they don't need to lift weights, hope they're lifting correctly:bang:

Also, I've noticed Isabella seeking attention way before the twins' arrival.

Looks like they're happier crawling, must not be walking yet.

Yes, Isabella always had that joie de vivre about her and displayed many a playful antic prior to the twins' birth. I remember a picture taken of her licking a window before the twins came; it was hysterical.
Oh yes, that was at a summer holkiday spend at Gråsten Castle :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lovely pictures, lovely family. I cannot help but think that Isabella is an attention seeker, probably jealous of the attention that her twin siblings receive, which explains all her eccentric behaviour, always trying to catch the limelight. One think I noticed is that josephine is the only child with dark eyes.
Josephine has blue eyes. They look like the same color as her siblings' eyes to me (for example, here: http://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe...g-prinsesse-josephines-1-ars-fodselsdag-2.img)
http://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe...g-prinsesse-josephines-1-ars-fodselsdag-2.img

Last edited:
lovely pictures, it seams that is a two week winter vacation...the first one just by themselves and this one dedicated to the little ones!:flowers:

Last edited:
Those huge goggles on the babies are so funny! What a nice set of pictures; they're really enjoying themselves, it seems.

The "Bunny Slope" pictures with the kids are just great- love the goggles on the girls!

The twins and Bella look absolutely adorable with those goggles, Vincent looks particularly cool with the rad red goggles. Such cute pictures.

Well, BB's reporter followed them since the beginning and there were no problems. They should be more firm when it comes about privacy, one photosession and nothing more. Other RF can do this (I'm thinking about Dutch doe example).

Very nice pictures. I love the twins with their ski goggles. Too cute.

I imagine these are pictures that are not part of the official photosession so that the question whether the Crown Prince couple's request to be left alone to enjoy their holiday with privacy is moot.:bang::cool:

Well, BB's reporter followed them since the beginning and there were no problems. They should be more firm when it comes about privacy, one photosession and nothing more. Other RF can do this (I'm thinking about Dutch doe example).

Well knowing the good relationship of BB with the royal family, I'm sure that if they did ask to be left alone they would've respected the request but it seems that the family is not bothered with the photographers. Moreover, BB photographer/s have been following the couple since they arrived in Verbier, the CP couple knew they would be photographed each time they were seen IMO.

Well knowing the good relationship of BB with the royal family, I'm sure that if they did ask to be left alone they would've respected the request but it seems that the family is not bothered with the photographers. Moreover, BB photographer/s have been following the couple since they arrived in Verbier, the CP couple knew they would be photographed each time they were seen IMO.

It's a fine line to walk, I'm sure. Yes, Mary and Frederik could draw a very firm line and say no unofficial pictures at all but then they'd risk souring what seems like an overall positive and respectful relationship with the Danish press. If they were consistently being followed by dozens of photographers it might be different but I can't see how it would be worth it, in the overall scheme of things, to make a fuss about one or two discreet photographers/reporters from BB and the like.
The relationship between the Danish press and the DRF has always struck me as being admirably mature, for the most part, on both sides.

As far as I can tell, they don't seem bothered by the presence of the photographer. And even if they were, they are at a public place with lots of other children and adults around.
And they obviously aware of the photographer.

It would in my eyes be a completely different matter, if they were photographed in the private area of the chalet.
Or with a 6000 mm zoom or some photographer followed them in their heels where ever they went. - That would be intrusion.

But this? No, these or just sweet pics of a mother and her children having fun.

Great pics and Isabella is old enough to really enjoy herself on the sled now.

Mary's friend Amber Petty is joining them on their holiday now...

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought from reports and pictures that Amber had been there from the start of the holiday last monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought from reports and pictures that Amber had been there from the start of the holiday last monday.
Amber has indeed been a part of the holiday from the start last monday.

That is 4 different parkas for Mary?
Do they have tobagen runs at the ski area?

Frelinghighness said:
That is 4 different parkas for Mary?
Do they have tobagen runs at the ski area?

Well, to be fair, I recognize that last brown parka from a couple of years ago. The others may be new, lucky her...at least she lives in the climate for it!

It's a fine line to walk, I'm sure. Yes, Mary and Frederik could draw a very firm line and say no unofficial pictures at all but then they'd risk souring what seems like an overall positive and respectful relationship with the Danish press. If they were consistently being followed by dozens of photographers it might be different but I can't see how it would be worth it, in the overall scheme of things, to make a fuss about one or two discreet photographers/reporters from BB and the like.
The relationship between the Danish press and the DRF has always struck me as being admirably mature, for the most part, on both sides.

If they did this, the media relationship with the royal house would turn sour, I am very sure. Its a dangerous issue since the media could then start bringing up unflattering topics etc.

Nobody urges the family to make holiday in full public view in Verbier. If they wouldnt want to put up with the photographers there every day they'd go somewhere else.

My guess is that this holiday partly takes place to generate these well appreciated fairy tale image pictures for the public and that the photographers are highly welcome. The rest is blah blah, they know exactly that the media wont stay away after one shoot with the family continuing to be on full display.

Back
Top Bottom