Annual Holiday to Verbier, Switzerland: 2002-2015, 2017, 2018, 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh so many and new everyday pictures of this family! Thank you... :flowers:

Lovely photos.
The ones of Christian sking with mum and dad are great.
Isabella is a cute little girl, she has so much personality, I love seeing new photos of her.

They're so lucky to be able to go to Verbier. I wish I could go and enjoy the snow, even though I can't ski.

it ist said they are on skiing vacation with all 4 - where? in Switzerland again?

Switzerland?

Would the babies be old enough to travel by air yet?

apparently they are on holiday in the mountains.
before that, frederik has been regent for some 12 das or so i think. danish posters have told us he has dealt with the government reshuffling, probably he has been up to background work, document signing etcetera.
some danish poster has the paper version of BB, where the holiday pics are?
thanks!

Would this holiday be their annual winter vacation to Switzerland?

Well, this week is probably the quietest in regards to Billed Bladet covering the DRF outside the summer holidays, that I can remember.

There are basically two stories this week. M&F + children in Verbier and our Marie in Greenland.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #11, 2011.
Med mor i sneen - With mother in the snow.
Written by Trine Larsen. (That's unusual, she usually cover Joachim and Alexandra + families).

M&F went to Verbier in Switzerland last week (*) with all four of their children and Caroline and Peter Heering and their children.

At this time of year a number of their friends are also in Verbier, among them Julia Tholstrup and Peter Warnøe, whom they had dinner with.
Mary also had time to go shopping a couple of times, with the friends.

Trine Larsen observes that Frederik takes care of his two older children during the day, while Mary concentrate on the twins and then join the fun with Bella and Christian when she can.

M&F's relationship appera to be exellent as our reporter observed them hugging and kissing.

Does he get much sleep these days?
F: "No, I can tell that I've become a father of twins. So I don't get as much sleep as one may wish".

This year Isabella is old enough to start learning to ski in earnest and Christian is attending a ski-school.
So far it's mainly daddy Frederik who is in charge of teaching Bella to ski, with Mary taking pictures. (**)
But our reporter did catch up with daddy and Isabella when they attended the ski school, for the youngest.

Q: Is this Princess Isabella's debut on skis?
F: "Yes, it's the first year she tries it".

Q: How is it going then? Has she become good at it?
F: "Yes, she has. But you probably always think that as a father".

Q: Is skiing fun, Isabella?
I: "Yeah".

And Bella indeed looks like she is having a great time.

Big bro Christian is too big to attend the same ski-school as his kid sister and he's not afraid of showing off a bit.
He and his parents went skiing at the lanes near Croix de Ceour and Christian and Frederik also had a couple of hours of quality time alone.

Christian's skiing instructor speaks English. No problem. Christian just responds in English: "I follow you".

The family live in a chalet at Verbier.

(*) That explains Joachim being regent (Rigsforstander).

(**) Mary seems to be the family photographer. - Neither I nor Mrs. Muhler need a camera! We have the grandparents, who use pictures of their grandchildren instead of wallpaper. :p

(**) Mary seems to be the family photographer. - Neither I nor Mrs. Muhler need a camera! We have the grandparents, who use pictures of their grandchildren instead of wallpaper. :p

:D Now THAT'S adorable!

I like how Christian responded in english. Too cute!

Oh, I´m soooooo glad to hear that my parents aren´t they only one who does this :whistling::ROFLMAO::whistling:

@muhler, thank you as always for your insights of the paper version of BB.
i think it is very good for them to have gone on holiday all together.
do you reckon some pic will appear online eventually?

@muhler, thank you as always for your insights of the paper version of BB.
i think it is very good for them to have gone on holiday all together.
do you reckon some pic will appear online eventually?

You are welcome. :)

Yes, in a couple of days.
I've noticed that BB upload pics of their main magazine stories two or three days later. - And this must be considered their main (basically only) story this week.

I've also noticed the debate below regarding Frederik's workload and could it be that he is on some kind of unofficial paternity leave?

Muhler's Posts

Once again I thank you for your kind translations of articles about Mary and Frederik and the little ones. We non-Danish speakers would never get information this specific without you!

You are welcome. :)

Yes, in a couple of days.
I've noticed that BB upload pics of their main magazine stories two or three days later. - And this must be considered their main (basically only) story this week.

I've also noticed the debate below regarding Frederik's workload and could it be that he is on some kind of unofficial paternity leave?

In my opinion, being regent for 12 days in a row or sth like that counts definitely for working. But I reckon you are right in suggesting that he is having a sort of unofficial paternity leave. Queen Margrethe herself, in the interview you translated for us, said that the nre family of four are very busy, that the twins schedule is quite hard on Mary and therefore Frederik has to look after the two oldest ones.

This might explain the early need for passports for the twins...An overseas snow vacation all before they are named! I am impressed...

This might explain the early need for passports for the twins...An overseas snow vacation all before they are named! I am impressed...

WOW! you are right how did they do it, no names and passports??????? you are correct!!!!!!!

Thanks for the pictures. Is that the hotel where they are staying? I wonder if we would get a glimpse of the twins in the pictures soon. Anyways, the holiday is over as Frederik has an event today.

Well,well,well Overseas usually means over the BIG pond, not the bathtub that we call baltic sea :p

What??? Are you saying that there is a bigger pond than the Baltic Sea? :eek::ROFLMAO::eek:

I thought overseas was just a generic term for crossing another countries borders facilitating the need of documentation, i.e. a passport...If there is another term to explain travels between bordering or close countries, please tell me, so I can use it next time ;)

Back
Top Bottom