Annual Holiday to Verbier, Switzerland: 2002-2015, 2017, 2018, 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks I didn't notice it. Perhaps because of the extreme cold weather that parts of Europe have experienced, - Fred and Mary and there friends decided not to bring the children along in case they became adversely affected by the cold.

I'll never understand the fact that people who have already a long and hard and snowy winter at home choose to go on holiday at a ski resort !!!

I'll never understand the fact that people who have already a long and hard and snowy winter at home choose to go on holiday at a ski resort !!!

As far as I know, you can't ski in Denmark. :)

Denmark has no mountains, just hills and flat land. Apparently the highest hill is 154m :)
Even if you can, I think a nice gateway is lovely! There is nothing like the Alps IMO for skiing.
I wonder if there will be a photoshoot session this year.

And though are winters are cold, they are not always snowy. The past two winters were, unusually so, but this winter the first snow came with the sibirian cold around 1st February and not very much of it.
And as Dazzling says - no real hills or mountains to do alpine skiing in :)

Well I do love winter, cold and snow...I wll always go to a ski holidays even if I live in a cold country!!! I just love it!
It seams like Amber is doing some snowboarding...It seams also that the kids aren't there...:flowers:

I suppose it is a matter of taste, I t wouldnt be for me sking in the snow winter but what i am surprsie the kids are not there, i understand when they have the trips for work they can not take the kids but for vacation? hummm icould not leave my daughter at thome and enoy vacation! but i suposse millioner people is what they do leave the kids with babysitters! my daghter at her school has a school mate that they have 5 babysitters and here is a kindof commun bettwen the rich people! mind you i dont care how rich i could be i would never leave my daghter fora vacation!

i dont care how rich i could be i would never leave my daghter fora vacation!

Hmm...most people wouldn't leave their kids behind, but when you're taking a bunch of friends, who also left their kids at home I suppose it's a tell tale sign that it's very much a vacation for grown-ups... aprés ski... and all that ;)! As already mentioned school children are off for one week in February and several parents are tempted to add an extra week if they get a good offer from the travel agent! The schools can do nothing about it as far as I know!

I for one don't mind that Frederik and Mary et al are skiing in the Alps; many Danes are, but what I do mind is that Billed Bladet is right on the spot in Verbier when the party arrive! Why can't they leave them alone for a change? IMO we don't need to be filled in on every activity of theirs!
If you add the skiing reports to the birthday celebration reports the end result might well be counter productive, leaving the general public with the impression of a jet setting party animals of a crown princely couple!

Maybe it's just me?? :huh:

Viv

YAY! There will be a photo opportunity with the Crown Prince Family (yes...the children will be there!):whistling: this Sunday, February 12th!:flowers:
Photo opportunity with The Crown Prince Couple and their children in Verbier - The Danish Monarchy

On Sunday 12 February The Crown Prince Couple and their children will pose for photographs for members of the press in connection with the family’s skiing holiday. The brief photo session will take place at 10.00 a.m. by the roundabout next to Restaurant Carrefour, Verbier, Switzerland.

By providing this photo opportunity we hope that photographers and the media will respect The Crown Prince Couple’s wish of refraining from taking additional photographs of the family during their holiday.

Kind regards,​
Lene Balleby​
Communications and Press Secretary​

So all those who were so "concerned" about the Crown Prince Couple not being with their children for 1 week....can now breathe a sigh or relief!!!!:lol::ROFLMAO:

I think that they started their holiday as a bit of an adult celebration, then the children have come out to join them for the annual holiday. I don't see anything wrong with that at all.

(yes...the children will be there!)
I think the children just came now, because the winter holiday for school started friday :flowers: So therefor they could take a week for adults and now the children comes :flowers:

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that is ALOT of snow! Looking forward to the family photo session!

YAY! There will be a photo opportunity with the Crown Prince Family (yes...the children will be there!):whistling: this Sunday, February 12th!:flowers:
Photo opportunity with The Crown Prince Couple and their children in Verbier - The Danish Monarchy

So all those who were so "concerned" about the Crown Prince Couple not being with their children for 1 week....can now breathe a sigh or relief!!!!:lol::ROFLMAO:
This information was just what I was looking for, Thanks!
Danish magazine Billed-Bladet is writing about that Christian and Isabella arrived to Verbier today and have been skiing.
Billed-Bladet - Prinsesse Isabella og prins Christian på ski i Alperne

Thank you everyone who has posted photos or links. Verbier certainly looks gorgeous. I can't wait to see the family photos. Once we are all satisfied maybe they can get some time without the photographers lurking!

The ski resort looks like a winter wonderland, and Mary, Frederik and their friends appear to be having a blast. I'm looking forward to seeing the family photo session. Very lovely to see them all having some good time as a family.

Wuaw, what a nice pic, the cgildren look so cute and the weather is so good!! Cant wait to see more of there photomoment!

Christian is growing up so fast! He's very tall!

What a beautiful family!

Haha i love the pics of Christian and Isabella rolling in the snow. Gorgeous photos.

i LOVE the pictures!!!!!!!
Christian is tall but Isabella is growing fast too.
what a grogeous and lovely family^^

Back
Top Bottom