Annual Holiday to Verbier, Switzerland: 2002-2015, 2017, 2018, 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought overseas was just a generic term for crossing another countries borders facilitating the need of documentation, i.e. a passport...If there is another term to explain travels between bordering or close countries, please tell me, so I can use it next time ;)

"Abroad" is used. Australians tend to use 'overseas' as to go to another country from Australia you need to go 'over the sea'! In Europe you don't so 'abroad' is used.

But I don't think the twins need passports, resident Europeans would know. But aren't Denmark and Switzerland in the Sch.......... (can't remember how to spell it!) zone so people from those 2 countries can move freely between them and there is no passport control?

Do the Danish royals require passports or do they have some sort of other official documents for 'foreign' travel?

"Abroad" is used. Australians tend to use 'overseas' as to go to another country from Australia you need to go 'over the sea'! In Europe you don't so 'abroad' is used.

But I don't think the twins need passports, resident Europeans would know. But aren't Denmark and Switzerland in the Sch.......... (can't remember how to spell it!) zone so people from those 2 countries can move freely between them and there is no passport control?

There are some rules for the EU...if two countries are part of the EU, no passport is required...just like our states here in Australia. I flew from London to Madrid and my Aussie passport needed to be stamped. I flew from Vienna to Paris, and no stamping was required.

I know they go on this holiday every year, but I think it was important this time for M&F to tell Peter Varnoe (?) in person, that they would like him to be a godparent to one of twins (who will it be, lilpige or lildreng?)...He is definitely one of my godparent tips, one to watch ;)

You mean Schengen? Don't know about Switzerland, but anyway, you are required to show your passport if needed.
M&F have a diplomatic passport. - In theory imposters could pretend to be M&F so proper documents are needed.

Even with diplomatic passports you still require a visa to enter countries that require a visa. As for new borns, they can be put on their mother or fathers visa till they are about 6 months or so.

You mean Schengen? Don't know about Switzerland, but anyway, you are required to show your passport if needed.
M&F have a diplomatic passport. - In theory imposters could pretend to be M&F so proper documents are needed.

As Denmark and Switzerland both signed the Schengen-Treaty, you only need an ID-Card or any other official document that identifies you.
So you don't necessarily need a passport, and definetly no visum. (Since 12.12.2008, no visum is needed for people from Schengen States anymore as long as you don't stay longer than 90 days in 6 months.)

I had thought that Isabella did go skiing before or at least last holiday but I was wrong as the article says this was her first time.

I found a photo from last year, but you can only see that Isabella was wearing a helmet, but not if she wears ski?

myroyal's: MARY & FREDER

Last edited:
As Denmark and Switzerland both signed the Schengen-Treaty, you only need an ID-Card or any other official document that identifies you.
So you don't necessarily need a passport, and definetly no visum. (Since 12.12.2008, no visum is needed for people from Schengen States anymore as long as you don't stay longer than 90 days in 6 months.)
The only official document we have in DK is (IIRC) the passport, because that´s the only one with photo in. Perhaps the driverlicense can work too? :ermm:

BTW, I think we can trust CP Frederik when he says that this is the first holidy on ski for Pss Isabella :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
We have the same kind here in DK. I still have the old one - that´s how old I am :ROFLMAO::whistling::ROFLMAO:

Me too. With a photo from when I was twenty. - I've - hardly - changed since then, so no need to replace the photo. ;)

Me too. With a photo from when I was twenty. - I've - hardly - changed since then, so no need to replace the photo. ;)
Oh, I haven´t changed since I got my driverlicense when I was 18, so perhaps a replace could do... If I replace it then I´ll use my pressphoto :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I also have the new one, as my wallet has been stolen at a point, so I had to pay for the new one.
Also I wouldn't want anyone to see the photo in my passport as it is one of the new biometric pics, where you weren't allowed to smile...

It's so nice to see Mary again. I thought we'd have to wait till the twins christening for her appearance.

Nice pics! Fun to see Isabella sliding down the hill like kids typically do and Fred beside her ready to catch her if she should fall or start to slide uncontrollably. :lol: Only two small pics of Christian. Apparently he was skiing with someone else while Fred was teaching Bella. But why wasn't Mary on skis? Is it too soon after the birth of the twins or does she feel a bit awkward on them?

OT, I still feel weird talking about 'skiing' when they are sliding down a hill. Here when you talk about 'skiing' you mean 'cross-country skiing'. ;)

super cute pics!
bella is really her daddy's darling right now... the two of them seem to enjoy a beautiful relationship!

Oh gosh, looks like I missed out on some love and pash from M&F!

But why wasn't Mary on skis? Is it too soon after the birth of the twins or does she feel a bit awkward on them?

OT, I still feel weird talking about 'skiing' when they are sliding down a hill. Here when you talk about 'skiing' you mean 'cross-country skiing'. ;)
In the first articles from BilledBladet I read that Mary was with the twins most of the time on breastfeeding duty while Frederik was spending time with Christian and Isabella with Mary coming out to take photos of the kids. I would guess that her non-skiing is only because she can't or won't stay away from the twins for too long.

Thanks Iceflower fot the links.
I have been away for a few days it was nice to come back to see some great pics of Mary, Frederik and the children.

Muhler, I did happen to see the photos of M&F, Billed Bladet appear to have removed them.

Thanks Iceflower fot the links.
I have been away for a few days it was nice to come back to see some great pics of Mary, Frederik and the children.

Muhler, I did happen to see the photos of M&F, Billed Bladet appear to have removed them.

So I wasn't hallucinating.

I guess it really was not to be too intrusive that BB removed the pics.

A part of me commends BB for their consideration and respect towards M&F another part of me says: M&F were in a public place and they knew that photographers were around, albeit on a distance, and the pictures were pretty innocent, so there would have been no harm in showing them.

I'll try to describe the pics:
M&F were embracing and kissing, not sure if it was on the lips, but it looked like it.
Mary leaned her head on Frederik's shoulder.

Thanks Muhler, I will have to be satisfied with your description.

Oh, these three are so lovely :wub: I saw them too :)

so we finally get to see the loving pics! very cute indeed!
happy for M&F!

Back
Top Bottom