A Thread about Frederik and Mary's Marriage

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
duke of marmalade said:
ricarda said:
On the other hand: Where would he be without her?
Well, Frederik managed to be voted "most popular Dane" 7 or 8 times I think (not sure) before Mary came along. I don't see a Philippe/Mathilde situation here. Also, I have the feeling that if ever there is going to be a divorce people would not be so wholeheartedly on Mary's side as they were originally in Alexandra's case (things have changed though). Frederik is far too popular in his own right.

Ricarda, you might be right. If it came down to a divorce at the end of the day he's the heir and she's his estranged wife, a foreigner to boot, and the people will be on his side. Alexandra's case was a bit different, only 2nd in line and Joachim's behaviour did not help to get people on his side. Fred is a much stronger character than his brother.

ricarda said:
In my eyes Frederik appears media shy but not weak. Also, despite his unhappy and isolated childhood he managed to develop into a man who by all reports can interact very well with people (perhaps not with the media people though). I feel he has quite a strong will, courage (on the negative side: a tendency to egoism) and he doesn't care too much what others think of him. Imagine him standing up at a banquet whose purpose was to celebrate his parents and then critizising his parents, or sailing instead of attending the Swedish king's birthday. Whatever one may think of it it certainly needs a kind of strength.:ROFLMAO:

I agree. I think that due to his childhood he has developed an enourmous strength, first of all physically, maybe kind of a compensation for what he was missing and the only way to get his father's respect (running marathons, doing excusions, army etc). The other side is what you call a tendancy to egoism, still shows but I think it has become better with Mary. IMO she has helped him to show or live his emotions better than he was able to do before he met her.

I don´t think it was to critizie his parrents under their 25 th annversiy but just ment as loving and caring joke from Frederik and Joachim...I don´t see the point of still be angry at Frederik because he did not attend the Sweedis Kings birthday...asfar a i remember Prince Henrik did not attend the wedding of Pillip and Matildes wedding when that toke place...and he did also not attend the wedding of Haakon and Mette-marit...both thes wedding Frederik were pressent.

Last edited by a moderator:
H.M. Margrethe said:
I don´t think it was to critizie his parrents under their 25 th annversiy but just ment as loving and caring joke from Frederik and Joachim....
Precisely! It was just brilliantly done - the exact right mixture of irony and understated sarcasm mixed with love for their father (in spite of his 'failings) - and probably an internal joke between the brothers. Lots of Danes got a really good laugh out of that particular speech :D

H.M. Margrethe said:
I don´t think it was to critizie his parrents under their 25 th annversiy but just ment as loving and caring joke from Frederik and Joachim...I don´t see the point of still be angry at Frederik because he did not attend the Sweedis Kings birthday...asfar a i remember Prince Henrik did not attend the wedding of Pillip and Matildes wedding when that toke place...and he did also not attend the wedding of Haakon and Mette-marit...both thes wedding Frederik were pressent.
I think you misunderstood part of my post (or perhaps I misunderstand your post :flowers: ).
I am not angry with Frederik, I just gave those examples to underline my opinion of him. I think that a person's actions show his character. And by his actions Frederik does not appear as a weak person to me, and also not as a person who usually has a conference with his PR advicer first before he appears or speaks in public (some royals give that impression to me).

Regarding that 25 anniversary "joke", yes, people laughed but nevertheless it was a criticism, wrapped up in humour and affection though. And in the end - and in connection with Frederik's comments about his unhappy childhood - when the laughter was over this scene actually stigmatized Henrik as a "loving but bad father". I can tell you that I have seen this scene over and over again whenever there was a report about Frederik's unhappy childhood.

But I think this is all eaten up nowadays and the relationship between Frederik and his parents does not seem bad at all to me.
Also, I want to say that I like Frederik very much because I think he has a great heart. (I hope that doesn't sound too sugary. :lol: )

I think that so many Royals are not themselves and do ask "the men in gray" before they even go to the bathroom. Frederik seems like a very down to earth kind of man, and I like that. His family ( Mary and the children) seem like a true loving family. They do not seem to put on "the show" that many seem to do. I feel like another person in their post put it, if you are having troubles in a royal marriage you will put on a better show. I wish Frederik and Mary all the best!!!!!

i wish we can leave them alone .
way is veryone try too get them to
end their marriage, this wrong.
i think their love each other every much and their do not need to show it in public all the time.
billie-jo

billie-jo said:
i wish we can leave them alone .
way is veryone try too get them to
end their marriage, this wrong.
i think their love each other every much and their do not need to show it in public all the time.
billie-jo

billie-jo, I don't think people are trying to end Fred and Mary's marriage, I'm certainly not, I wish both of them a life time of happiness and love in their marriage. :blush: I think that people are giving an opinion about how they percieve Fred and Mary's marriage in public.
I have a question, I have never heard or seen Fred's speech about his unhappy childhood and Henrik's fathering skills, where would I find it to read it?
Thanks in advance:flowers:

i did not mean to upset any one i was just say how i feel.
if i up set any please tell me.
billie-jo

billie-jo said:
i did not mean to upset any one i was just say how i feel.
if i up set any please tell me.
billie-jo

You didn't say anything to upset anyone billie-jo, like all of us you can voice your thoughts. Have a good day.:flowers:

I just saw the TV footage of Mary and Frederick at the football. She is holding him very lovingly and seems to care little about people witnessing her expression of love for her husband. It is very obvious to me from that small glimpse that they are still very much in love with one another.

Beautiful.

I do tend to agree, I have always thought that out of all the Crown royal couples, that Frederik and Mary (as well as Willem and Maxima), look really in love:wub:

I believe Frederik and Mary are truly in love and well-suited to one and other. Please permit me one more quote from Emma Tom's book, "Something about Mary." She quotes from a Danish television interview with Frederik when he was a bachelor and listing the qualities he was looking for in a wife. "She must be an individualist. An independent woman, not a doll." Of course, I think Mary is a beautiful doll, too, besides being a strong woman..

i really think ppl mislead things when they say things about mary and fred marrige how there is not love anymore.

You got to remember they are very privet ppl.

i know its nice when you see a pic of mary and fred holding hands or just looking at each other.

they don't have to show there love all the time to the public .

thats what i think :)

I agree tara when i see a couple holding hands and kissing each other all the time i start to distrust of that "hapiness"...

me either aquarela, i've noticed lately the happiest most in love people at parties are the ones you hear a few weeks later are divorcing, shows they're trying harder to put up the front (so to speak)
i think M&F have the same kind of marriage as the rest of us (aside the perks) theres good days and bad days, happy sunny ones and dark cloudy ones they are after all human beings. they need to work hard on committment and compromise ways around conflict it's never easy. but show me a marriage that's easy and i'll show you a marriage that one is not participating~ the one saying how easy it is.

I believe Frederik and Mary are truly in love and well-suited to one and other. Please permit me one more quote from Emma Tom's book, "Something about Mary." She quotes from a Danish television interview with Frederik when he was a bachelor and listing the qualities he was looking for in a wife. "She must be an individualist. An independent woman, not a doll." Of course, I think Mary is a beautiful doll, too, besides being a strong woman..
I think that seems pretty prescient of him. Taken feature by feature there are many more beautiful women around. Part of the quantity X that makes Mary beautiful is her charisma. She seems to be able to be "herself" rather than "HRH The Crown Princess".

She lights up when she smiles and when Frederik is around she seems to smile and laugh a lot! She is independent, and doesn't seem to need him to hold onto, but when he is there she is unafraid to show her love.

Indeed an individualist, an independent woman, and definitely not a "doll"! :flowers:

I'm sure that their marriage is just fine but I had one question about F & Victoria. SUPPOSE that they would have been fall in love with each other and decided to marry but is it possible when they both are heir to the throne. How this situation would have been end? What do you think?

i thought fred and victoria were cousins or related to each other? i know they've known each other their whole lives and are very close, so that explains their affection and strong bond.

i thought fred and victoria were cousins or related to each other? i know they've known each other their whole lives and are very close, so that explains their affection and strong bond.

yes they are cousins...:flowers:

I was asking what happens when 2 heir to the throne fall in love each other, do they can marry (F & V was just a first suppose that came to mind). I didn't mean nothing bad at all :flowers:

i didn't think anything bad agnessa, it's a good question. i would think it would be difficult but not impossible taking in considerations of religion (for instance prince william couldn't marry charlotte of monaco because she is catholic) and their countries relations. sorry way off topic, i didn't want agnessa to think i thought she meant anything bad.
thanks dazzling for confirming what i thought i remembered

I was asking what happens when 2 heir to the throne fall in love each other, do they can marry (F & V was just a first suppose that came to mind). I didn't mean nothing bad at all :flowers:

If that happened, either Victoria or Frederik would have to pass on their Crown Prince(ss) title to Carl Phillip or Joachim.

Thanks for your opinions and now going to back thread. Talking about F & M marriage I think that after 3 years there are some routine in there marriage. Also I think that after 2 kids they don't want to show their feelings very freely (kiss public etc). Maybe Mary is little sad that F goes to sailing all time and so on and she must be in home with children :ermm:. But fortunately they don't have to worry about money, beautiful home and interesting social life - it's keep their marriage fresh, I think!

They both looked fantastic yesterday : glowing and just radianting hapiness ,with their children. Genuine and warm smiles at each other, and even though the children are most important now, there is nothing to worry about, in this marriage.

Exactly, I think that they don't must to smile and be together all the time. They are people like everybody else and their relationship is quite same - if we forget that everybody are discussing about them :). I believe that they will have long marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom