The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Nobility

Fred and Vic are 2nd counsins for crying out loud. I think they have some serious chemistry and a great rapport, but I don't think either one of them were channeling romantic lovey-dovey feelings towards each other.

Seems to me that Mary and Fred should be happy -- no worries about being fired or dismissed from their jobs (i.e. job security), more than adequate income (no problems making ends meet), nice house and furnishings, household help, seemingly nice family members, and two cute, healthy kids.

Good grief, if only all of us were so lucky! I don't mind reading the gossipy stuff that's out and about, but I don't see a Charles and Diana scenario cooking under wraps with Fred and Mary.

Old 05-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Aristocracy

i think every one should just leave mary and frederik
alone.
billie-jo

Old 05-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Heir Apparent

The imaginations of some, I tell you...
Old 05-18-2007, 10:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
Maybe because in three years of marriage she has done a lot more than her husband??? Can that be so? Mary controlling, well IMO she seams to have a lot of strenght, naturalness, vigour, positive energy, she likes to be amoung people, she knows how to speak in public. We cannot say the same for Frederick.
agree here, that may be why I got that impression. That said, also in a scene in the documentary filmed before their marriage, there's a scene where Mary and Fred are in a car and Fred is playing around with some buttons on the dashboard of the car and Mary, half playfully and half serious (as I perceive it, maybe wrongly) says to him: what are you doing?! in a way that made me think: mmm. The other occasion was when they were in Australia with Cristian and Fred and Christian were playing outside on a trampoline. Mary came outside and basically ordered them to stop playing on the trampoline (I symphatize here though with a clearly protective mother!)
But again, you're right that it's probably my impression because FREd, to me, comes across as so laid back, anyone next to him might come across then as controlling maybe.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bluffton
Fred and Vic are 2nd counsins for crying out loud. ..
Well when we're talking about royals, that's hardly a valid argument, now is it! After all, half of these families married their very cousins for eons! (Case in point from our time: Queen Elizabeth married a distant cousin of hers).

But I do agree F&M probably are happy. Mary said in the time of their engagement that their union really was a 'connection of the mind' Which I always thought was, indeed., a sound base for a long-term union (because as we all know, looks don't exactly last). That comment is why I basically think these two will stick it out - they see eye to eye on a number of things and interests, which is fundamental.

That said, two young kids can and will spoil a lot, just for the fact they take up so much of their parents' energy and time. Just the way it is. Here's hoping that laid-back Fred will at least try to do his all to help alleviate Mary from some parental duties!
Old 05-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Aristocracy

Geez.....happy 3rd Anniversary...oh by the way the magic is finished and they are unhappy. All based on a few pictures. I don't understand all these negative thoughts about them.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
Mary came outside and basically ordered them to stop playing on the trampoline (I symphatize here though with a clearly protective mother!)
That's an assumption made on your part though, princess olga. You are not aware what was discussed or the reason why Frederik, Christian and his cousins went back inside. You assume because Mary went out, that she ordered them back in. Could have she not quite as easily ventured out to tell Frederik his cup of tea is ready? Why, it's certainly possible Mary informed Frederik they weren't the only ones enjoying the fresh air (given his back was turned), I do think it's safe to say that Frederik, as an adult and father can decide whether or not he felt the situation to be something of a concern and in doing so, opted to take his child and nieces indoors.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:21 PM
Serene Highness

And one other thing I actually wonder: What does Mary now think of Denmark and living there now she's been there for three years? Does she like it? Has she spoken about this? What is the Danes' impression on this? Does Mary feel at home in her new country?

I remember Alexandra saying the first 4 years in DK she felt utterly lost, didn't understand the system and felt like a five-year-old trying to understand her environment. And that this was the reason behind her waiting half a decade to have kids! She felt too immature within her new country, to start a family! Wonder how this all is for Mary.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
That's an assumption made on your part though, princess olga. You are not aware what was discussed or the reason why Frederik, Christian and his cousins went back isnide. You assume because Mary went out, that she ordered them back in. Why it's certainly possible Mary informed Frederik they weren't the only ones enjoying the fresh air (given his back was turned), I do think it's safe to say that Frederik, as an adult and father can decide whether or not he felt the situation to be something of a concern and in doing so, opted to take his child and nieces indoors.
you're absolutely right that that was my assumption. but I based it on the expressions of the faces on those pictures: Mary with a decided look on her face after leaving Fred behind on the trampoline with a what I thought was a defeated look on his face...she seemed to have done what I would have done in her place: tell her husband an infant has no place on a trampoline. And you're right, I am projecting my own thoughts onto these people here but again, the expressions on their faces on those pictures seemed to tell the story!
Old 05-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
you're absolutely right that that was my assumption. but I based it on the expressions of the faces on those pictures: Mary with a decided look on her face after leaving Fred behind on the trampoline with a what I thought was a defeated look on his face...she seemed to have done what I would have done in her place: tell her husband an infant has no place on a trampoline. And you're right, I am projecting my own thoughts onto these people here but again, the expressions on their faces on those pictures seemed to tell the story!
Of course, your interpretation but not necessarily 'the' story.

If Frederik were bouncing his toddler son on the trampoline then maybe, but I dont recall seeing Christian 'airborne' so I dont see what the issue would be. He was supervised by his father at all times.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:49 PM
Courtier

Oh boy, we're still talking about this? They are doing just fine, and if they are not, I'm sure we will find out. I don't see the point in arguing about something that may or may not happen. Unless of course you wish something bad to happen, which would not be good for those two precious little kids. Let's think positive, I like the scenario much better that way!
Old 05-19-2007, 12:46 AM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
The imaginations of some, I tell you...
Exactly my sentiments! The imaginations of those same old posters......they have been endlessly bashing Mary and Frederik for ages.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimene
Oh boy, we're still talking about this? They are doing just fine, and if they are not, I'm sure we will find out. I don't see the point in arguing about something that may or may not happen. Unless of course you wish something bad to happen, which would not be good for those two precious little kids. Let's think positive, I like the scenario much better that way!

for hitting the nail on the head.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
I think because Frederik and Mary are patrons of different organizations, they simply attend different functions. I also think that Mary, being the independent type of person, doesn't need Frederik to hold her hand every time she performs an official duty.
I wholeheartly agree. And whenever we do see them together, they're lovely.

I believe that they are very happy, but that they have matured, and become more reserved with kisses in public and so, now they've been married for three years. And they did many more public engagements together before, obvioustly because Mary was new in the game. I've posted some pictures is the loving looks and gestures thread, and in every event in 2007 they attended together, they've looked very in love.

Moreover, they just had a baby, it seems very, very wrong to be discussing this.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda
On what pictures is their body language mostly cold seeming, I wonder.
On the last ones with their children or when they were leaving the hospital?
The Easter pictures? The pictures from the Norwegian birthday celebrations?
The Australian holiday pictures? Or the pictures of their trips to Brussels, St.Petersburg or Bornholm?
IMO there are actually a lot of pictures showing their good relationship during the past year.

Moreover Frederik seems as happy as a lark since he is married to Mary.
Constantly smiling from one ear to the other.
Would he look as happy if he had spent the last 3 years - and not just 3 days - with Victoria?
I doubt it (since I believe Victoria is quite a bossy woman).

And I don't see any love or sexual attraction between those two in the pictures taken during the state visit.
In my eyes the pictures simply show a complicity between two persons who are somehow sitting in the same boat.
(Btw, have you ever seen pictures of Frederik and Victoria during the opening of the Oresundbridge in 2000.
That's what I would call cold body language.)

I agree though that Mary and Frederik should do more together, not because I think there is something wrong,
but simply because I like them very much as a couple.
They never did a lot of work together in Denmark, so actually nothing has changed in that respect.
But they did more and longer official trips together in the beginning.
And that's what I miss a bit.
Very good post, Ricarda.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:33 AM
Aristocracy

I think Frederik more relaxed, and happier than he has for a long time during the recent Sate Visit from Sweden, he does seem so at ease with CP Victoria, quite a pleasure to see his enthusiasm return after a very long break!
Old 05-20-2007, 02:49 AM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane
I too feel that these so-called rumours, interpretations of still pictures etc. that end up with a conclusion of marriage trouble are a bit too contrived, too planned to have any creditability.

They just had a baby - the pictures we have seen in that connection are pictures of a clearly happy couple which adore their children. We have seen pictures of a Frederik who looks adoringly at his new little daughter. So what exactly is all the marriage trouble based on? Seems very contrived to me.

I saw the live footage here when he received Victoria and her parents at Copenhagen harbour at the state visit; Victoria and Frederik shared a car and he talked animatedly with her in the car, making gestures and Victoria laughed and smiled. My interpretation is that Victoria got a healthy dose of babytalk before the doors of the car were closed - and that she got that because Frederik considers Victoria to be family and a good friend. Some people can after all be friends with people of the opposite sex.

Frederik and Mary are 'new' parents, once again. Cut them some slack for God's sake from all these invented problems. IMO all new parents deserve some extra consideration till they have gained a foothold with the new family structure, and that includes Frederik and Mary. Everything else just seems mean.
Very beautifully said! UserDane! You just took every word right out of my mouth!

Amen
Old 05-20-2007, 02:53 AM
Courtier

no-one even predicted that Joachim and Alexandra would get divorced, yet we're still convinced that we can tell someone's marriage is on the rocks from seeing a few pics/ photos. Goes to show that people can "put on a good show" and fool everyone, and the difficulty in reading people based on a moment in time or a couple of seconds of vid

IMO, Frederik and Victoria get on very well and have fun together. But he's hardly going to fall for her in that way. He would have done that ages ago if he really wanted to.

I really find it laughable how some people get offended because people get on the defensive when their air their negative views. Like, hello...! When people hear/see something they don't agree with, that's what they do - argue back! That's the way it is in real life.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
I was never really a fan. It wasn't that I didn't like them, I just never really ventured into the DRF forum to know them. I mean there are so many forums and threads that sometimes you tend to overlook a few. However, I recently watched the video of their wedding and fell in love with this couple. Now I'm trying to play catch-up and learn all I can about them. I was very touched watching Prince Frederik await his bride with tears in his eyes. Clearly a man who followed his heart.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

IMO even if the couple did have problems (every couple hae problems, no marriage is perfect) they will figure/sort it out. Frederik is in a harder position in getting/thinking of a divorce since he is next to the throne. Yes id agree there are some pictues where they dont look comftable next to each other but that doesnt mean trouble or argument it could be that one of the two werent ready for the picture or for an event but had to attened. thinking positive always helps