A Princess is Born in Denmark!: April 21, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The midwife told that both the Crown Prince and Crown Princess were ”formidable” during the birth of the new princess, and describes the Princess as beautiful with a full head of dark hair which could be curly. The Princess cried right away and got a 10 on a 1-10 scale. The Princess is awake and has eaten a bit. The Princess shows no signs of jaundice. The midwife described The Princess as being “lovely, enchanting”.
During the birth, nothing out of the ordinary happened. The birth went quickly, fine and not under water or with acupuncture. However, Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess, who was admitted to the hospital at 10.00 in the morning, received an epidural.

cristine said:
So if the doctors said that Mary could leave the hospital tomorrow so we can have pics in this Sunday.
They said she could leave tomorrow, if she wanted to. People are different, she might want some extra time to herself with her new baby at the hospital before heading home to the toddler... or she might want to leave tomorrow.

Cissan said:
Photo of Frederik!
Cissan - first with the news, and now first with a pic. :flowers:

Formidable? That has a negative connotation (if my understanding of that vocabulary is correct).

Fred has curly hair, is that right? Because Mary sure doesn't.

What is this 1-10 scale you mention, Lasse? I think I've heard of it, but I'm not sure what it measures.

I have changed my avatar again for the occasion- I had one all ready for the new infanta, but I had to make myself a new one for this suprise!

:flowers: :flowers: :wub: Yea for the new princess of Denmark. :wub: :flowers: :flowers:

ill be at my computer constantly for the next few days just in case we get some pictures of the new little princess. i hope mary leaves the hospital tomorrow, but it's ok if she wants to stay, too.

What kind of celebrations will happen for this little one? Bonfire? Firing of canons? Gun-Salute? Anyone know!

lasse pedersen, thank you for all the information.

Warren said:
Cissan - first with the news, and now first with a pic. :flowers:

:) Well, I'm sitting at the edge of my chair here... I was supposed to get some work done but I can tell you that my mind has been pre-occupied, so I might as well be useful to my fellow royal enthusiasts :)

LadyK said:
Formidable? That has a negative connotation (if my understanding of that vocabulary is correct).
Formidable means Great. :flowers:

LadyK said:
/CENTER]
Formidable means magnificent - and not any negative connotations at all. At least not in this context.

That's fantastic news! I was getting a little tired of seeing only boys being born, as adorable as those three are :wub:.

But a GIRL! Now that's exciting :cool:.

isnt it great to see all the CP's have girls.
Maxima, Mary, Letizia (well its said she's expecting a girl, who knows) & then lalla salma, Princess Noor of Jordan, any others ive forgotten ?

dazzling said:
isnt it great to see all the CP's have girls.
Maxima, Mary, Letizia (well its said she's expecting a girl, who knows) & then lalla salma, Princess Noor of Jordan, any others ive forgotten ?

Well, I think you are just talking about this April so far but there is also Prince Hashem's baby girl in Jordan as well. But it also seems that in recent years girls are sure taking over in royal families. Elisabeth in Belgium and Ingrid Alexandra in Norway. This generation coming up is full of girls.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the Family!!! What a grat sosprise...A baby Princess!!!

At 18.40 local time, The Reigning Couple along with HRH Prince Christian leave Fredensborg to visit their new granddaughter / baby sister!

/Lasse Pedersen

Mary: It's a girl
CROWN Princess Mary has just given birth to a second child, a daughter, in Copenhagen University Hospital.
The new princess weighed in at 3.3 kilograms (7 pounds 4 ounces) and was 50 centimeters (20 inches) long, the ... full article here

Crown Princess Mary has a baby girl
DENMARK's Australian-born Crown Princess Mary gave birth to a baby girl in Copenhagen early today.
Announced on the palace website about 1.15am, the birth was the first of a Danish royal daughter since 1946. The official announcement said the healthy baby girl was born at 4.02pm local time - just after midnight Sydney time - weighing 3.35kg and 50cm in length.
"Mother and baby are doing fine,'' the statement said. Princess Mary's husband Crown Prince Frederik was by his wife's side at Cophenhagen University Hosptial as they welcomed their second child. read full article here

It's a girl for Princess Mary
Australian-born Crown Princess Mary gave birth to a daughter in Copenhagen University Hospital today, the palace said. read full article here

Lasse Pedersen said:
At 18.40 local time, The Reigning Couple along with HRH Prince Christian leave Fredensborg to visit their new granddaughter / baby sister!

/Lasse Pedersen

Ohh ! christian must be excited to have a sister now & seeing her for the first time.Its also going to be really cute to see them together out & about, especially which i find to be really cute is the difference in hair color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Traditions regarding royal births in Denmark:

Firing of salutes
Salutes will be fired from the Sixtus Battery on Holmen, Copenhagen, and from Kronborg Castle, Elsinore (known from Shakespeare’s Hamlet). 21 shots will be fired. The four canons used at the Sixtus Battery are from 1944 and the 17 canons at Kronborg Castle are from 1766 – 1769. All canons are fired with black powder.

If the royal baby is born before noon, the salutes will be fired at noon on the same day. If the royal baby is born after noon, the salutes will be fired at noon on the following day.

The firing of salutes has been a way of announcing major events for centuries.

Flying of flags
Flying of flags is a tradition in connection with royal births. If the royal baby is born before noon, the Dannebrog will fly on the same day. If the royal baby is born after noon, the Dannebrog will fly on the following day. The flags will fly from all official buildings, ferries etc.

The Royal Life Guards
In connection with royal births and other major events in The Royal House, the Royal Life Guards on duty at the royal Palaces apply the so-called ‘blue gala’. This happens from the announcement of the birth and lasts until midnight. If the birth takes place after midnight, the blue gala will be applied from 06.00 until midnight on the following day.

The blue gala differs from the ordinary blue uniform by having a string attached to the bearskin. For privates and non-commissioned officers, the string is white, and for officers, the string is golden. Originally, the string was meant to keep the bearskin from falling off in battle.

/Lasse Pedersen
Source: Press Release from The Danish Court

It's a little princess for Mary

DENMARK'S Princess Mary gave birth to a baby girl early today at Copenhagen's University Hospital.

Crown Prince Frederik was at the side of his Australian-born wife as the 50cm 3.3kg baby arrived.
Spokeswoman Lisbeth Westergard said: "It's a girl. Everybody is fine. Mary is healthy and the baby is as well."
"Frederik and Mary both seem very happy as all of denmark will be with the news," she said.
"She very fit and well and beautiful. She's in perfect shape." long intresting article here

Aurora810 said:
Well, I think you are just talking about this April so far but there is also Ali's baby girl in Jordan as well. But it also seems that in recent years girls are sure taking over in royal families. Elisabeth in Belgium and Ingrid Alexandra in Norway. This generation coming up is full of girls.

In the present ruling generation there are 3 queens and four kings. In the next generation there will only be one queen (sweden) and six kings. And now in the future generation there will be at least 3 queens again (Norway, Belgium and Holland)... Seems like the equal status is a fact...

:flowers:

another thing is, I bet Mary is feeling really proud on having the first Danish princess in 61 or 64 years

i just can't imagine how this little baby will be spoiled :) can you imagine having mary as your mother??? i always picture them in front of the royal barber getting thier manicures and hair done.
people, when this generation of royal babies is grown up, we will see lots of wonderful clothes, ballgowns and tiaras..
BTW, CONGRATSSSSS!!!!!:):):):)

the article was wrong, though. the last danish princess born wasn't benedikte, but anne-marie in 1946.

Wonderful news!!!! I am so happy for the royal family. A beautiful little princess for Denmark! Congratulations to the family.

Congratulations to All!!!!! lol ok Ill admit I Was wrong it wasnt a boy but im thrilled anyhow WOOHOO!

dazzling said:
It's a little princess for Mary

DENMARK'S Princess Mary gave birth to a baby girl early today at Copenhagen's University Hospital.

Crown Prince Frederik was at the side of his Australian-born wife as the 50cm 3.3kg baby arrived.
Spokeswoman Lisbeth Westergard said: "It's a girl. Everybody is fine. Mary is healthy and the baby is as well."
"Frederik and Mary both seem very happy as all of denmark will be with the news," she said.
"She very fit and well and beautiful. She's in perfect shape." long intresting article here

"Early today"....?

It was at 16.02 PM (CET)..it's all in the time difference..:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom