The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Cissan - first with the news, and now first with a pic.
:) Well, I'm sitting at the edge of my chair here... I was supposed to get some work done but I can tell you that my mind has been pre-occupied, so I might as well be useful to my fellow royal enthusiasts :)

Old 04-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
Formidable? That has a negative connotation (if my understanding of that vocabulary is correct).
Formidable means Great.

Old 04-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
Formidable? That has a negative connotation (if my understanding of that vocabulary is correct).
/CENTER]
Formidable means magnificent - and not any negative connotations at all. At least not in this context.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Aristocracy

That's fantastic news! I was getting a little tired of seeing only boys being born, as adorable as those three are .

But a GIRL! Now that's exciting .
Old 04-21-2007, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

isnt it great to see all the CP's have girls.
Maxima, Mary, Letizia (well its said she's expecting a girl, who knows) & then lalla salma, Princess Noor of Jordan, any others ive forgotten ?
Old 04-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Congrats to the family

Old 04-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Serene Highness

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
isnt it great to see all the CP's have girls.
Maxima, Mary, Letizia (well its said she's expecting a girl, who knows) & then lalla salma, Princess Noor of Jordan, any others ive forgotten ?
Well, I think you are just talking about this April so far but there is also Prince Hashem's baby girl in Jordan as well. But it also seems that in recent years girls are sure taking over in royal families. Elisabeth in Belgium and Ingrid Alexandra in Norway. This generation coming up is full of girls.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations to the Family!!! What a grat sosprise...A baby Princess!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Aristocracy

At 18.40 local time, The Reigning Couple along with HRH Prince Christian leave Fredensborg to visit their new granddaughter / baby sister!

/Lasse Pedersen
Old 04-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Mary: It's a girl
CROWN Princess Mary has just given birth to a second child, a daughter, in Copenhagen University Hospital.
The new princess weighed in at 3.3 kilograms (7 pounds 4 ounces) and was 50 centimeters (20 inches) long, the ... full article here

Crown Princess Mary has a baby girl
DENMARK's Australian-born Crown Princess Mary gave birth to a baby girl in Copenhagen early today.
Announced on the palace website about 1.15am, the birth was the first of a Danish royal daughter since 1946. The official announcement said the healthy baby girl was born at 4.02pm local time - just after midnight Sydney time - weighing 3.35kg and 50cm in length.
"Mother and baby are doing fine,'' the statement said. Princess Mary's husband Crown Prince Frederik was by his wife's side at Cophenhagen University Hosptial as they welcomed their second child. read full article here

It's a girl for Princess Mary
Australian-born Crown Princess Mary gave birth to a daughter in Copenhagen University Hospital today, the palace said. read full article here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasse Pedersen
At 18.40 local time, The Reigning Couple along with HRH Prince Christian leave Fredensborg to visit their new granddaughter / baby sister!

/Lasse Pedersen
Ohh ! christian must be excited to have a sister now & seeing her for the first time.Its also going to be really cute to see them together out & about, especially which i find to be really cute is the difference in hair color.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Aristocracy

Traditions regarding royal births in Denmark:

Firing of salutes
Salutes will be fired from the Sixtus Battery on Holmen, Copenhagen, and from Kronborg Castle, Elsinore (known from Shakespeare’s Hamlet). 21 shots will be fired. The four canons used at the Sixtus Battery are from 1944 and the 17 canons at Kronborg Castle are from 1766 – 1769. All canons are fired with black powder.

If the royal baby is born before noon, the salutes will be fired at noon on the same day. If the royal baby is born after noon, the salutes will be fired at noon on the following day.

The firing of salutes has been a way of announcing major events for centuries.

Flying of flags
Flying of flags is a tradition in connection with royal births. If the royal baby is born before noon, the Dannebrog will fly on the same day. If the royal baby is born after noon, the Dannebrog will fly on the following day. The flags will fly from all official buildings, ferries etc.

The Royal Life Guards
In connection with royal births and other major events in The Royal House, the Royal Life Guards on duty at the royal Palaces apply the so-called ‘blue gala’. This happens from the announcement of the birth and lasts until midnight. If the birth takes place after midnight, the blue gala will be applied from 06.00 until midnight on the following day.

The blue gala differs from the ordinary blue uniform by having a string attached to the bearskin. For privates and non-commissioned officers, the string is white, and for officers, the string is golden. Originally, the string was meant to keep the bearskin from falling off in battle.

/Lasse Pedersen
Source: Press Release from The Danish Court
Old 04-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

It's a little princess for Mary

DENMARK'S Princess Mary gave birth to a baby girl early today at Copenhagen's University Hospital.

Crown Prince Frederik was at the side of his Australian-born wife as the 50cm 3.3kg baby arrived.
Spokeswoman Lisbeth Westergard said: "It's a girl. Everybody is fine. Mary is healthy and the baby is as well."
"Frederik and Mary both seem very happy as all of denmark will be with the news," she said.
"She very fit and well and beautiful. She's in perfect shape." long intresting article here
Old 04-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
Well, I think you are just talking about this April so far but there is also Ali's baby girl in Jordan as well. But it also seems that in recent years girls are sure taking over in royal families. Elisabeth in Belgium and Ingrid Alexandra in Norway. This generation coming up is full of girls.
In the present ruling generation there are 3 queens and four kings. In the next generation there will only be one queen (sweden) and six kings. And now in the future generation there will be at least 3 queens again (Norway, Belgium and Holland)... Seems like the equal status is a fact...

Old 04-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

another thing is, I bet Mary is feeling really proud on having the first Danish princess in 61 or 64 years
Old 04-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Serene Highness

i just can't imagine how this little baby will be spoiled :) can you imagine having mary as your mother??? i always picture them in front of the royal barber getting thier manicures and hair done.
people, when this generation of royal babies is grown up, we will see lots of wonderful clothes, ballgowns and tiaras..
BTW, CONGRATSSSSS!!!!!:):):):)
Old 04-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Royal Highness

the article was wrong, though. the last danish princess born wasn't benedikte, but anne-marie in 1946.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Serene Highness

Wonderful news!!!! I am so happy for the royal family. A beautiful little princess for Denmark! Congratulations to the family.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Congratulations to All!!!!! lol ok Ill admit I Was wrong it wasnt a boy but im thrilled anyhow WOOHOO!
Old 04-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
It's a little princess for Mary

DENMARK'S Princess Mary gave birth to a baby girl early today at Copenhagen's University Hospital.

Crown Prince Frederik was at the side of his Australian-born wife as the 50cm 3.3kg baby arrived.
Spokeswoman Lisbeth Westergard said: "It's a girl. Everybody is fine. Mary is healthy and the baby is as well."
"Frederik and Mary both seem very happy as all of denmark will be with the news," she said.
"She very fit and well and beautiful. She's in perfect shape." long intresting article here
"Early today"....?

It was at 16.02 PM (CET)..it's all in the time difference..
Old 04-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Danish Crown Prince Frederik shows the size of his new born daughter 21 April 2007 at Copenhagen University Hospital. The princess, 50 cmtrs tall and weighing 3.350 kilo, is the second child of Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary.

P¡cs From ANP
http://i40.tinypic.com/sv54cm.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2ykno9h.jpg

Closed Thread