A Princess is Born in Denmark!: April 21, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Fred's wikipedia page it says right after the court announcement of the pregnancy it has now added one sentence for the little princess. "Their daughter was born on April 21, 2007." It's right under the "marriage and children" part.

I think it's safe to say that through the years grandma and granddaughter will be celebrating their birthdays together.

Last edited:
:clap:Congratulations to the Crown Princely Couple and to little Prince Christian on this new addition to the family!!!

congratulations to the royal family ...i guess this year is the GIRLS YEAR hehehee yeahhhh!!!!!!

I like the name Caroline for the princess. Caroline Elizabeth, sounds good to me. I know there is a Princess Caroline already in Monaco but she's older and it's not like the two Caroline's will be growing up together you know what I mean. It's just different, IMO.

Congratulations to Mary & Fred & Christian!:flowers:

Just home from work, I am on the edge of my chair in front of the TV. Right now, the press is waiting for HRH The Crown Prince to come down and greet the press. There is some speculation as to whether The Crown Prince will come down alone or with Prince Christian in his hand!

You haven’t heard the last from me today!!!

Cheers,
Lasse

Great !

I wish the little princess is like her father.
Their first child is like princess Mary.

See what happens when one is having too much fun and caught up in the moment. Time goes by or posts go by. I didn't even realize I had gone past my 500th post. This is a big moment for me!

How wonderful! Congratulations to the whole family.

Summary of Frederik's press conference, from Frederik:

"It was just as fantastic" (as the last time)

She has a lot of hair. I was more "present" this time. She looks a lot like a baby. I feel great about it. Mary is "super good". The birth took about six hours.

Frederik also thought he had tears in his eyes this time. He wasn't as scared to hold the baby as he was last time. Christian needs a bit of time to get used to the idea. He doesn't know what a little sister is, he's just getting used to the concept of a baby.

We're just as happy as the first time.

It's a unique experience to get a girl this time.

We can't exclude a name, but you won't get it yet.

Last edited:
wow only 6 hours. That seems kind of quick I mean that's good but kind of quick

A Princess, A Princess, A princess!!!!!!!!

(LadyK dances around)
I go away for less than an hour, and a baby is born!!!!!

Congratulations to Frederik, Mary, Christian, Margrethe, and Denmark!!!

Finally, a little girl.

I can't wait to see her- little (a first name) Henrietta.

Welcome to the world, Princess.

Gosh, I was away for just two hours and when I come back I new a princess was born. What a surprise! Well, I was waiting for a boy but it's great the baby was born healthy. Congrats to the parents and the adorable big brother Christian.

I was sure that baby will be boy:wub: And now I am very happy that there is finally perincess in DRF:lol:
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL FAMILY!

We need a nickname for this new princess. She's not going to have a name for awhile so a nickname needs be thought of. Or at least it's likely she won't have a name for awhile.

is frederik talking about it posted anywhere on the internet? id really love to see it.

The medical personell: Mary had an epidural. The medical personell thought it was a quick and easy birth for a second time mother - as Normal as anything. And the girl is adorable. She cried just as getting out. Her hair is dark, and there's lots of it - maybe with a bit of curls. She is a pink girl.

The water burst in the middle of the day.

Normal birth. No caesarean. So, if Mary feels for it, she could leave tomorrow.

Mary is awake, and so is the little girl.

Yepiii!!! I knew it. She would have a girl. Congratulations to Prince Frederik, princess Mary and little prince Christian

Couldn't wait to see her picture!

It's still the 21st in Europe is it not!!

The little Princess shares a Birthday with her English 'cousin' :flowers: Exactly 81 years apart!!!

where do you all find out all of this?

acdc1 said:
where do you all find out all of this?
Are you refering to the two posts I made? I was transcribing the press-conference, as seen on DR. First Frederik spoke about his experiences, and then the medical personell spoke on how the birth progressed. (A very normal birth.)

Thanks for transcribing some for us norwegianne since some of us aren't right there in Denmark. Wonder if American tv will have anything on this especially since this is the first girl in over 60 years for the DRF. However our headline news stations are anything but happy at the present it's been a tough week and they are likely to not say anything as the news media is pre-occupied understandably so.

norwegianne said:
Are you refering to the two posts I made? I was transcribing the press-conference, as seen on DR. First Frederik spoke about his experiences, and then the medical personell spoke on how the birth progressed. (A very normal birth.)

yes, i was. thank you for all of the helpful information!

His Royal Highness entered the foyer of the Copenhagen University Hospital with the press and public applauding. Among other things, His Royal Highness told that becoming a father for a second time was equally fantastic and beautiful, but that he was a bit more sure of himself this time. Moreover he told that the new princess has a full set of dark hair. His Royal Highness announced that the duration of the birth was about six hours. The Crown Prince admitted that he had tears in his eyes during the birth. He cut the umbilical cord himself him self, and was not as afraid to hold the child this time as the first time. In fact, he compared the first time he held his firstborn with holding a Flora Danica set. His Royal Highness The Crown Prince described his wife as being happy and full of love after the birth. The Crown Prince was present during the entire birth. His Royal Highness has spoken with his parents, and described Her Majesty The Queen as being, as she was last time, “wild with joy”.

Wow very exciting news a little Princess. :flowers:

Last edited:
Sorry to be a little annoying but what time is it back in Denmark. Early evening hours?

Madame Royale said:
It's still the 21st in Europe is it not!!
Yes it is.

Madame Royale said:
The little Princess shares a Birthday with her English 'cousin' :flowers: Exactly 81 years apart!!!
And it is about 61 years since the last Danish princess was born, Anne-Marie, so it's celebration time. :flowers:

Aurora810 said:
Sorry to be a little annoying but what time is it back in Denmark. Early evening hours?
Six minutes past six (or 18:06).

Last edited by a moderator:
norwegianne said:
Six minutes past six (or 18:06).

thanks I was figuring it to be around that time there. any news on when the queen will come meet her new granddaughter?

Last edited:
So if the doctors said that Mary could leave the hospital tomorrow so we can have pics in this Sunday. It's a pity I will be away for the rest of today and tomorrow so I will have a lot to check when I come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom