The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 10:50 PM
Moderator Emeritus

we are about six hours behind (on Eastern Daylight time- EDT-so if you are on the same time as NYC, Miami, DC, and Cincinnati), then it should be about 5am.

Chicago and others on Central Daylight Time, 4am, Denver and those on Mountain Daylight Time, 3am, and those of you on the West Coast, that's 2am.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:54 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to the proud parents, brother and granparents!!! Also to everyone in Denmark!!!

Old 04-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Gentry

whe will we know the name of the princess?
Old 04-22-2007, 11:05 PM
Royal Highness

most likely at the christening
Old 04-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Aristocracy

Question can we speculate on Princess Mary's outfit...

For leaving the hospital with her little Princess?

Remember with Christian, it was autumnal/wintry, a black dress, black pantyhose and black patent leather heels with a green boucle/tweed dress coat...Very climate appropriate and perhaps colour appropriate for the little Prince Christian...

I think black is a safe colour choice for a woman who has just given birth (but we won't go into that here ) So perhaps she will wear the same stretchy, comfy black dress with a coat/jacket over the top...i like the idea of the Chloe white boxy number she has worn previously...Maybe something a bit more pinky or peachy in colour...I hope it is something new we have never seen before...

Imagine if she had two outfits pick out as her leaving outfit, weeks before the birth and told her staff...If I have a boy bring this to the hospital, but if I have a girl bring this new unseen outfit...Oh the joys of having the resources and freedom to be able to do that...anyway I am rambling...

Do you think she will wear a "girly" outfit to leave the hospital? Mary that is
Old 04-23-2007, 12:17 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Congratulations to the Crown Princess and Crown Prince. May their daughter provide them with a lifetime supply of endless joy and happiness. May she always bring a smile to their hearts.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:11 AM
Nobility

I'm late in getting the news but what wonderful news to sleep on! I'm thrilled for the whole family Can't wait to hear what her name is.I bet she already has her daddy wrapped around her finger
Old 04-23-2007, 02:15 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to the DRF on the birth of a Princess.

As for the chaos, who cares if there was chaos, the Prince was at his wife's bedside, she gave birth to a healthy baby and everyone (almost everyone) is happy for the birth and that is all that matters surely. Some people do things formally others informally and that is fine too.

Stella
Old 04-23-2007, 04:08 AM
Royal Highness

I can't believe there are actually comparisons and criticisms about the birth. This should be a joyous occasion, Denmark has a new, healthy princess! Instead people have to marr this occasion by comparing Denmark to Spain and the Netherlands. I was/am excited for all three births. I don't understand why some people can't just be happy but instead find the need to point out every little thing that's wrong.

Mary's team of doctors/mid-wife was on 24 hour alert days before the birth. I think that is all the organization essential to a safe birth. Frederik giving interviews in beige pants and a collared shirt doesn't really matter to me.

I'm excited to see pictures of Mary and the new princess. I hope there won't be comments and nit-picky criticisms how Mary isn't holding the baby right or she isn't dressed right for the occasion etc.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:20 AM
Commoner

Several days I haven't open my computer, took the time this morning and went directly there to see if Mary had given birth. And that's it. What a joy. A baby girl, I'm so happy for all of them. Sure she'll be as beautiful as her parents and brother. And you're perfectly right soCal girl, please no criticisms or comparaisons. Every princess is different, but I like them both. Now I'm waiting for photos, and hope everything will be OK for Letizia.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:22 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the baby has anticipated the birth because Mary worked until late and she was standing on her feets for some hours and maybe that is why little Princess wanted to come eralier!!!I think she will be very mucht like her moom, lots of brown hair and with that beautiful smile!!
It's strange we have never seen Mary shopping new clothes for her little one!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 05:35 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to the lovely family
Old 04-23-2007, 05:35 AM
Royal Highness

Am just now watching TV2 which is 'warming up' to the presentation of the little princess in about 30 minutes. They interviewed a historian who said that this princess is the first one born in Denmark who is right from the start put in the line of succession; her grandmother and her sisters were not when they were born.

Also, prince Christian will not accompany the CP couple when they present the newborn to the press. Probably wise so he won't get scared by all the media people who are right now filling the hall at Rigshospitalet.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:38 AM
Courtier

I am so incredibly excited, I raced home from work hoping for pictures but got my time out by one hour. Anyway, thirty minutes to go, yeah.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
The Prince in bleached jeans, just in a hallway, caught in flashlights, dunno.... This was more 'entertainment' than 'royal' for me.

My impression can be totally wrong, of course.

Lol . CP Frederik helped with the birth of the princess. He cut the umblical cord. Imagine if he did that whilst wearing a tie or a bow tie. Or if he changed out of what he was wearing so he could look all "royal" in front of the press.

Now THAT would give us much more cause for concern!

For my part I think the Dutch way of doing things is waaay too formal (and the royal ladies wear such BIG hats!!). But that's just me. I understand its the Dutch way... and it really does make it very interesting, all these differences.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Several days I haven't open my computer, took the time this morning and went directly there to see if Mary had given birth. And that's it. What a joy. A baby girl, I'm so happy for all of them. Sure she'll be as beautiful as her parents and brother. And you're perfectly right soCal girl, please no criticisms or comparaisons. Every princess is different, but I like them both. Now I'm waiting for photos, and hope everything will be OK for Letizia.
Yes ok, you guys are right.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:06 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

It does not appear that either 9 or 7 in Australia are broadcasting Lilleprinsesse leaving the hospital, as both their regular programs have started. Maybe they will cut in during an add or something, but I doubt it :(
Old 04-23-2007, 06:06 AM
Royal Highness

There they are Mary dressed in a gray tunic or something - and looking good!
The little girl is wrapped in a knitted blanket and wearing a white cap. You can see a bit of dark har.

..LOL she is holding her left hand between Mary's breasts! keeping the food nearby!
Old 04-23-2007, 06:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasl
Lol . CP Frederik helped with the birth of the princess. He cut the umblical cord. Imagine if he did that whilst wearing a tie or a bow tie. Or if he changed out of what he was wearing so he could look all "royal" in front of the press.

Now THAT would give us much more cause for concern!

For my part I think the Dutch way of doing things is waaay too formal (and the royal ladies wear such BIG hats!!). But that's just me. I understand its the Dutch way... and it really does make it very interesting, all these differences.
the Dutch way of doing things, do not understand what you mean, which things
Old 04-23-2007, 06:11 AM
Courtier

Ten just mentioned they will be leaving this evening, so they are obviously not with the times. I just want to see a picture of Mary and mini mary

Closed Thread