A Princess is Born in Denmark!: April 21, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to the royal couple on the arrival of their baby girl. :)

I am annoyed with Australian medias lack of royal knowledge and sycophantic coverage of the Danish royals...It all started yesterday when a certain morning show host directed a comment to the Danish ambassador to Australia and he said, "The King and Queen must be very happy with their new granddaughter"...we all know it is Queen and Prince Consort...do they do their research?

Ok, now on to the sycophantic coverage...This morning, the rival morning show host on satellite link to the Danish correspondent asked the question, "Do they get much help (looking after their children)?" and the correspondent replied, "oh no, they have made a conscious decision to limit blah blah blah because Prince Frederik's upbringing blah blah blah"...basically making them out to be matyrs in the way they are bringing the child up practically by themselves...But the truth is, nannies aside, Mary and Frederik live in a very supportive environment...Raising children (to us mere mortals) is more than just the act of being with the children, it is earning an income while doing all the cooking, cleaning, shopping, washing, driving here and there, all with no extended family around to lend a hand...Mary and Frederik have all of these areas taken care of with Margrethe and Henrik, Joachim, John and Susan always close by, a income provided by Danish taxpayers they don't have any worries about money, chefs, housekeepers, stylists/dressers, chauffeurs, lady-in-waiting, personal assistant, regular "me" time for each of them, vacations to recharge the batteries AND a nanny...Gee, being with my kids might be a lot more attractive and desirable if I too had all the other areas taken care of as well!!!

Don't get me wrong...I like the Danish royals but I really dislike it when they are portrayed - through limited nannies or whatever - to be normal, just like you and me, the same struggles and strife as the rest of us...they are not like us, they are privileged and live in a different world...it is not sour grapes with the royals, just that misconception that is constantly played out in the media...

I really couldn't see little princess face that much. I hope to see more of her in official pics. I liked Mary's behavior when she as leaving hospital:she was so natural and spontaneous when she presented her baby to awaiting crowds.

Lilleprinsesse was given a tube of Vegemite from two Australian backpackers at the Rigshospitalet! :lol: They called out to Mary and stuck out the tube, Mary laughed and said "She's a little young isn't she?", but Caroline went and accepted the gift

Xeara said:
I am annoyed with Australian medias lack of royal knowledge and sycophantic coverage of the Danish royals...It all started yesterday when a certain morning show host directed a comment to the Danish ambassador to Australia and he said, "The King and Queen must be very happy with their new granddaughter"...we all know it is Queen and Prince Consort...do they do their research?
I think not. Ohh, I remember that :rolleyes:. When I first heard those words out of Karl Stefanovic, I was like "arn't you a journalist, isn't it your job to report correct information?". How are you supposed to compete with Sunrise. I felt really annoyed as well.

MaddeDK said:
My photos of the little Princess are to be found here: Royal Photos by Madeleine Glindorf

Enjoy,
Madeleine :)

pic21.jpg

i had a look at these nice family photos and if you look a little closely on pic 7 you can see in the corner is mary's dad.

looking very proud of his new grand daughter.

I cant find the family photo with ziggy in it?

See post 524, there is a beautiful video of them at Fredensborg and there you can see Ziggy!It looks like he saw all those people and he got scared!!!

Great, great pics! This is a real fairy tale family, wonderful parents and such cute children. Lovely to see that they made it like on the day Christian was brought home, their very own and special family traditions...

of they cristian left official photos somebody knows if it also goes to have putting now?

wonder when???

i was wondering to when they are going todo a offical photo of the new little princess

Thanks, this baby is very beautiful

Last edited by a moderator:
The future of Denmarks new princess

Would you like to take a peak into the future???

A life horoscope on Denmarks princess in a new thread...

Pretty funny - hope you enjoy:flowers:

Babys change a lot I think that just a few months later we can get to see really the little Princess, has it was for Christian!

yeah i want to see her curly hair that everyone has been talking about

Yes Ladyk, you are so rigth!I wonder if they will became good friends?I hope so!

First of all congratulations and the very best wishes to the Danish Royal Family, especially
to CP Frederik and CP Mary and Christian! And a warm welcome for the little Princess! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I have two quetions, dont know if they were answered before: 1. Was the little princess a little bit too early or did they cheated a little with the announced birth date in may? 2. Did they knew if it is a girl or was it a surprise?

Antje said:
[FONT=bookman old style, verdana, georgia]First of all congratulations and the very best wishes to the Danish Royal Family, especially
to CP Frederik and CP Mary and Christian! And a warm welcome for the little Princess! :wub: :wub: :wub:
[/FONT]

I have two quetions, dont know if they were answered before: 1. Was the little princess a little bit too early or did they cheated a little with the announced birth date in may? 2. Did they knew if it is a girl or was it a surprise?

I don't know about the first question, but they didn't know it was a girl, until she was born =)

I think both of Mary's children arrived two weeks prior to their due dates which is normal. The court had announced that for Christian the due date was Oct 28th and for little princess May 3rd. I am told it is very normal, + or - two weeks to due date and usually very few people carry the babies till the due date. Infanta Leonor came two weeks early too and if I recall correclty Sverre Magnus was one week late. Haakon had kept the last week of november free and they were thinking of induced labor if the baby did not arrive by 2nd week of December.

I just read a spanish article saying that Letizia called Mary and congratulated with the birth of her daughter. :wub:

MissSaga said:
I just read a spanish article saying that Letizia called Mary and congratulated with the birth of her daughter. :wub:

Really? That's so sweat. :wub: Can you tell us where you read that? I'd love to read it myself. This should be an example to every Letizia lover on the forum who dislikes Mary, and every Mary lover, that dislikes Letizia. If they get along just fine, so should we!!! Maybe the 2 girls will even play together someday! :flowers:

MissSaga said:

That is a nice gesture that demonstrates that there is no a bad relation between Letizia and Mary.
Thanks for the information MissSaga!

Well I think it's more of a Protocol action!I don't really think they get along well outside the Protocol, we have never seen them together only on oficial acts (her wedding)!!

Why should they get along? I mean who cares if they do and who cares if they don't. I've never understood why everyone talks so much about whether this person and that person get along. I guess some are interested or are trying to put these two together or put them against each other. But personally I don't think there is any bad feelings between them but why would they be close. It's not like these two families are constantly getting together. I just don't think it matters I personally think each is too busy in her own life and with her own responsiblities to really care that much about the other. Whatever protocol requires them to do when they are together then they do. But otherwise I doubt they speak and why should they.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom