The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was away for the weekend and come home to this fantastic news! Congratulations to the Royal Family!

Old 04-22-2007, 02:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Whithout the total lack of decorum and the excess, you have the Prince of Asturias who mad his speech with a velvet jacket and a tie.

Yes I think, as Henri M. that it's a little bite unformal. For instance I understand the duke of Palme who immediatly after the Irene's birth was drinking the champaign with the doctors, in shirt, but the baby is not Royal Highness.

Old 04-22-2007, 02:50 PM
Gentry

Hi! I'm from Poland, this is my first post. Unfortunately we don't have royal family in Poland. I love royal families of Europe.

I'm so happy because of this little princess!!! I don't think they name her Elizabeth or Ingrid because of princesses in Belgium and in Norway. I think Henrietta not, because Mary is a modern woman and Henrietta is an old-fashioned name. Maybe Hanrietta will be the second, third or fourth name. Queen Ingrid's name were: Ingrid Victoria Sofia Louise Margareta. I don't have an idea how they could name her. I think they will surprise us. But I'm sure that the princess will be very beautiful like her mother and grandmother
Old 04-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Courtier

Welcome to the board Nouvelle !
Old 04-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Serene Highness

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
Is it only me? I found the whole birth for so far, from what I have seen on internet and in pictures, poorly organized. I don't know. It is all so chaotic and done with no any decorum at all.

I'm a bit surprised about this. You would expect the Danish Court taking it's grip on it. Of course I would not get back to the years that an uniformed Prince walks with an infant in his arms and shows the newborn to the authorities, making deep and revered bows.

But this really looks like a chaos. I'm not sure what to think about this. Is this the 'Elvis is alive!' show or is this the birth of a royal infant? Of course I can be terribly wrong and there is no any mess, chaos, the Queen and the Prince trapped in between photographers, etc. The Prince in bleached jeans, just in a hallway, caught in flashlights, dunno.... This was more 'entertainment' than 'royal' for me.

My impression can be totally wrong, of course.

Well Henri, I totally get what you are saying. I definitely see the difference. But all RF's are different. However, I must say I am all for more tradition and decorum than what is being presented.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Another video from DR1.dk of the canon salute at Kronberg Castle as well as other news about the Little Princess.

Danish flags around Denmark for the Princess
Old 04-22-2007, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

CONGRATULATIONS,

ALL OUR WISHES
Old 04-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Any pictures of them arriving at the hospital or visiting grandparents. I wonder if Mary's father is in the country as teh baby wasn't expected for a month
Old 04-22-2007, 05:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargreteI
Tomorrow at 11:00 CET
I came back just two hours ago and thought we'd have pictures of the little baby girl. So Mary and the little princess are going to leave tomorrow at 11:00 CET. Is it Denmark time? If it is when I wake up tomorrow I will have a lot of pictures to see.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga
What is the problem ?
I second that! Henri, one day you will have to face the fact that some things are done differently from the Dutch royal family
Thank God - I say - for informality and spontaneity (as in meeting the press wearing the clothes Frederik was happening to wear....) and just share the joy of the moment.
The more formal 'presentation' will be tomorrow where Frederik will no doubt wear his suit and the press be allowed to take pics - the way it has been with the last 4 births in the DRF.
We don't complain because other royal houses do not present new members in the same way
Old 04-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristine
I came back just two hours ago and thought we'd have pictures of the little baby girl. So Mary and the little princess are going to leave tomorrow at 11:00 CET. Is it Denmark time? If it is when I wake up tomorrow I will have a lot of pictures to see.
Yes, it is danish time. Right now is 23:00 so 12 hours to go.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Royal Highness

I don't think there is anything wrong with the way it was handled and I didn't think it was chaotic. Royal families handle the birth of a new baby in different ways. Spanish and Danish royals for example walk out of the hospiatal holding the baby and letting the press take pictures. Dutch royals on the other hand show the baby to the press before they leave the hospital and then they leave through a side exit. It all just depends on which country it is.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
And don't forget Hala of Jordan, the daughter of Prince Hashem and Princess Fahdah!

Of the major ruling families, baby boys are scarce: excluding those out of childhood, the only sons of crown princes, and kings, are HH Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway, HRH Prince Christian of Denmark (the hereditary prince), TRH Princes Gabriel and Emmanuel of Belgium, HRH Crown Prince Moulay Hassan of Morocco, and TRH Prince Hussein (the expected crown prince) (not really a little boy anymore) and Prince Hashem of Jordan.
The other young princes are Princes Nicolas and Aymmeric of Belgium (sons of Laurent and Claire), Princes Nicolai and Felix of Denmark (sons of Prince Joachim), Prince Abdullah of Jordan (son of Prince Ali and Princess Rym), and Prince Hisahito of Japan (son of Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko).

and also the munchkin from Brunei -Abdul Muntaqim =)
Old 04-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargreteI
Yes, it is danish time. Right now is 23:00 so 12 hours to go.
Thanks for the informations. So if it's 11:00 am in Denmark it will be 06:00 am here. Almost the time when I get up everyday.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

congrats denmanrk and of course mary and frederik. a princess at last after so many years is great news

Old 04-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Aristocracy

what will be in australia ?
billie-jo
Old 04-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Serene Highness

The World Clock - Time Zones
the world clock site might be of help - can't WAIT!!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Another video from DR.dk. The Queen and the Prince Consort talk about the birth of the new Little Princess.

Another reminder to all, check out DR.dk tomorrow, 23 April 11 am Copenhagen time to see the couple leave the hospital and so forth. TRF Danish members will be able to see this event live, so perhaps they can keep us updated as to what is happening at the hospital in case the live feed is not available.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Serene Highness

the time clock tells me it will be 3am so i'll be fast asleep, i'm excited to read everyones observations tomorrow and to see the videos. i'm hoping to see the lilleprins also :)
Old 04-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

So 11 am Denmark is what in TN?

Closed Thread