A Princess is Born in Denmark!: April 21, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice first family photo both Frederik and Mary seem very sweet on her by their comments:wub:

I think the little princes looks resembling Christian when he was a new born

She looks amazing--I can't believe she just gave birth!

Will there be any official pictures soon?

Ah amazing photos again Madeleine. Thank you ever so much for sharing. :flowers:

Mary is wearing short sleeves, is it warm in Denmark today??

Congrats to Princess Mary & Prince Frederik and little Christian for the new princess for Denmark...:lol:

I'm really happy for this born, only has to wait to Princess Letizia new born...

Well, the baby is beautiful and Princess Mary looks great, I hope this baby have happiness and more love to this couple and the most important they have 2 beautiful babies... Prince Christian and the little girl...

UserDane said:
Just saw a rerun of parts of this morning presentation and caught a question to Frederik - " did you give your wife a present". "Yes I did" he said. Then the reporter asked what it was, Mary grinned and pointed at the baby 'en lille pige' (a little girl).
They are both practically glowing - cute:wub:
Ick. She's doing him the favor by bearing and raising his children so that he can keep the crown in his family. He owes her something nice!

What an adorable princess !:blush: :blush:

Mary looks fantastic, and from what I could see on the videos, both mom and dad, especially Mary, were much more at ease and confortable this time, than at Christian's birth.
Love what she's wearing, and the "Mini-Mary" :wub: is just adorable, as was Christian in the pics in front of their home. Love, love, love these pics TV 2 Galleri

Now they have an adorable son, and a gorgeous daughter as well.
:flowers:

mary look's so happy and frederik too. i'm happy to see mary and frederik together. in the last time ist was very rare.
christian lookvery sceptical.

This question may have been answered already... but I was wondering about Danish and Lutheran traditions regarding baptisms. Why is it that there is such a long waiting period between the birth of the baby and the baptism? Does this have anything to do with Danish, Lutheran or royal traditions? I was wondering the same thing about telling everyone what the new little Princess' name will be. I know that it is a big deal to tell everyone her name at the baptism... but that is quite some time from now. I know this was discussed when Christian was born, but I don't remember the answers. It's all very interesting to me as I'm just a simple catholic -- and we usally baptize babies as 'straight away' as we can.

i actually think the baby looks more like frederik than mary. of course, the dark hair is mary's but other features look very much like frederik. i guess it's a bit early though: christian also looked like his mum first and now he seems to have taken after his dad.

it's quite nice that most of the new borns in the royal cicles lately were girls: eugenia, lalla salma's daughter, the jordanian princesses haala and haya, ariane, the danish princess, letizia's future princess... and all born within a couple of months of one each other! only two babies were boys: kalina's and rym's.

i bet at this moment they are preparing the photosession :)

Lovely photos, and lovely to see!! They all look so happy!!

carlota said:
i actually think the baby looks more like frederik than mary. of course, the dark hair is mary's but other features look very much like frederik. i guess it's a bit early though: christian also looked like his mum first and now he seems to have taken after his dad.

it's quite nice that most of the new borns in the royal cicles lately were girls: eugenia, lalla salma's daughter, the jordanian princesses haala and haya, ariane, the danish princess, letizia's future princess... and all born within a couple of months of one each other! only two babies were boys: kalina's and rym's.

Normaly newborn children looks very much like their father and that reason is very biological. Its so the father can see its really his child I cant remember when this was proved right but its true :flowers:

Christian Photo session was long after his birth date! Perphaps one or two days after??

They asked Mary if she wanted more children and she answered : "One at a time, but definately". :flowers:

GettyImages has great pictures too ..

It is so lovely to see them all together:wub:

Could Christian be any cuter waving at the crowds at Fredensborg?

Congratulations to the happy couple on the arrival of their new beautiful baby girl and to Christian who has a new little sister.I was thinking they coud name the new little princess Aleaxandrine after the late Queen Alexandrine the late wife of the late King Christian XI.That name has not been used in many years.

Awwww shes sooooooooooooo Sweet And Christian Waving lol priceless and the way" litte Girl " held fast to her mommy She have them rapped around her finger in no time hahaha Whats there Address I Wanna send them my congratulations

Christian is adorable. Thanks for the pictures. The new baby is cute, but I can't help but finding princess Arianne of Holland more beautiful. Can't wait to see more pictures of her

carlota said:

Girls:
2 Princesses of Jordan
1 Princess of Bourbon
1 Princess of the Netherlands
1 Princess of Denmark
1 Princess of Marocco

Boys:
2 Princes of Jordan
1 Prince of Brunei
son of Earl and Countess of Ulster
1 son of Princess of Bulgaria

To be born:
1 Infanta of Spain (Princess)

Unknown:
Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor
Princes Floris and Aimée of Orange-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven

Conclusion: more girls (6), but still 5 boys (at this time)

Back on topic: didn't they wait 3 days before releasing the familypictures with Prince Christian??

kaffir said:
Ick. She's doing him the favor by bearing and raising his children so that he can keep the crown in his family. He owes her something nice!
I bet he did! I think Mary said it with a twinkle in her eye. They may just want to keep it to themselves what the present was:)

biboquinhas said:
Mary is wearing short sleeves, is it warm in Denmark today??
It has been around 13-15 degrees I guess today in the Copenhagen area and north of it. Mary probably has the 'inner heat' in her body so she doesn't need a light jacket:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the first photos were shown the evening Christian was taken home. I remember thinking that Mary must have had her picture taken just a few hours after she brought the baby home. I may be wrong though.

I just looked at the archived thread about Christian leaving the hospital. In that same thread the first official photos were posted. They were taken the very same day that Christian came home from the hospital. I don't know if they will do that in this case or not, but I hope they do!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they will do that because everything regarding Protocol should be the same!

Can not wait to see the pictures!!!!!!

Congrats to the family! Very nice, the baby being a little girl this time!

Congratulations to Mary and Frederick!! I am thrilled that they now have one of each!! ;)

the little princess is sooooooo cute!, with dark hair like mary!
I love the photo with ziggy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom