A Princess is Born in Denmark!: April 21, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cristine said:
I came back just two hours ago and thought we'd have pictures of the little baby girl. So Mary and the little princess are going to leave tomorrow at 11:00 CET. Is it Denmark time? If it is when I wake up tomorrow I will have a lot of pictures to see.

Yes, it is danish time. Right now is 23:00 so 12 hours to go. :)

I don't think there is anything wrong with the way it was handled and I didn't think it was chaotic. Royal families handle the birth of a new baby in different ways. Spanish and Danish royals for example walk out of the hospiatal holding the baby and letting the press take pictures. Dutch royals on the other hand show the baby to the press before they leave the hospital and then they leave through a side exit. It all just depends on which country it is.

LadyK said:
And don't forget Hala of Jordan, the daughter of Prince Hashem and Princess Fahdah!

Of the major ruling families, baby boys are scarce: excluding those out of childhood, the only sons of crown princes, and kings, are HH Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway, HRH Prince Christian of Denmark (the hereditary prince), TRH Princes Gabriel and Emmanuel of Belgium, HRH Crown Prince Moulay Hassan of Morocco, and TRH Prince Hussein (the expected crown prince) (not really a little boy anymore) and Prince Hashem of Jordan.
The other young princes are Princes Nicolas and Aymmeric of Belgium (sons of Laurent and Claire), Princes Nicolai and Felix of Denmark (sons of Prince Joachim), Prince Abdullah of Jordan (son of Prince Ali and Princess Rym), and Prince Hisahito of Japan (son of Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko).

and also the munchkin from Brunei -Abdul Muntaqim =)

MargreteI said:
Yes, it is danish time. Right now is 23:00 so 12 hours to go. :)

Thanks for the informations. So if it's 11:00 am in Denmark it will be 06:00 am here. Almost the time when I get up everyday.

congrats denmanrk and of course mary and frederik. a princess at last after so many years is great news

Another video from DR.dk. The Queen and the Prince Consort talk about the birth of the new Little Princess.

Another reminder to all, check out DR.dk tomorrow, 23 April 11 am Copenhagen time to see the couple leave the hospital and so forth. TRF Danish members will be able to see this event live, so perhaps they can keep us updated as to what is happening at the hospital in case the live feed is not available.

the time clock tells me it will be 3am so i'll be fast asleep, i'm excited to read everyones observations tomorrow and to see the videos. i'm hoping to see the lilleprins also :)

we are about six hours behind (on Eastern Daylight time- EDT-so if you are on the same time as NYC, Miami, DC, and Cincinnati), then it should be about 5am.

Chicago and others on Central Daylight Time, 4am, Denver and those on Mountain Daylight Time, 3am, and those of you on the West Coast, that's 2am.

Congratulations to the proud parents, brother and granparents!!! Also to everyone in Denmark!!!

most likely at the christening

can we speculate on Princess Mary's outfit...

For leaving the hospital with her little Princess?

Remember with Christian, it was autumnal/wintry, a black dress, black pantyhose and black patent leather heels with a green boucle/tweed dress coat...Very climate appropriate and perhaps colour appropriate for the little Prince Christian...

I think black is a safe colour choice for a woman who has just given birth (but we won't go into that here ;) ) So perhaps she will wear the same stretchy, comfy black dress with a coat/jacket over the top...i like the idea of the Chloe white boxy number she has worn previously...Maybe something a bit more pinky or peachy in colour...I hope it is something new we have never seen before...

Imagine if she had two outfits pick out as her leaving outfit, weeks before the birth and told her staff...If I have a boy bring this to the hospital, but if I have a girl bring this new unseen outfit...Oh the joys of having the resources and freedom to be able to do that...anyway I am rambling...

Do you think she will wear a "girly" outfit to leave the hospital? Mary that is ;)

Congratulations to the Crown Princess and Crown Prince. May their daughter provide them with a lifetime supply of endless joy and happiness. May she always bring a smile to their hearts.

I'm late in getting the news but what wonderful news to sleep on! I'm thrilled for the whole family:flowers: Can't wait to hear what her name is.I bet she already has her daddy wrapped around her finger:wub:

Congratulations to the DRF on the birth of a Princess.

As for the chaos, who cares if there was chaos, the Prince was at his wife's bedside, she gave birth to a healthy baby and everyone (almost everyone) is happy for the birth and that is all that matters surely. Some people do things formally others informally and that is fine too.

Stella

I can't believe there are actually comparisons and criticisms about the birth. This should be a joyous occasion, Denmark has a new, healthy princess! Instead people have to marr this occasion by comparing Denmark to Spain and the Netherlands. I was/am excited for all three births. I don't understand why some people can't just be happy but instead find the need to point out every little thing that's wrong.

Mary's team of doctors/mid-wife was on 24 hour alert days before the birth. I think that is all the organization essential to a safe birth. Frederik giving interviews in beige pants and a collared shirt doesn't really matter to me.

I'm excited to see pictures of Mary and the new princess. I hope there won't be comments and nit-picky criticisms how Mary isn't holding the baby right or she isn't dressed right for the occasion etc.

Several days I haven't open my computer, took the time this morning and went directly there to see if Mary had given birth. And that's it. What a joy. A baby girl, I'm so happy for all of them. Sure she'll be as beautiful as her parents and brother. And you're perfectly right soCal girl, please no criticisms or comparaisons. Every princess is different, but I like them both. Now I'm waiting for photos, and hope everything will be OK for Letizia.

I think the baby has anticipated the birth because Mary worked until late and she was standing on her feets for some hours and maybe that is why little Princess wanted to come eralier!!!I think she will be very mucht like her moom, lots of brown hair and with that beautiful smile!!
It's strange we have never seen Mary shopping new clothes for her little one!!!

Am just now watching TV2 which is 'warming up' to the presentation of the little princess in about 30 minutes. They interviewed a historian who said that this princess is the first one born in Denmark who is right from the start put in the line of succession; her grandmother and her sisters were not when they were born.

Also, prince Christian will not accompany the CP couple when they present the newborn to the press. Probably wise so he won't get scared by all the media people who are right now filling the hall at Rigshospitalet.

I am so incredibly excited, I raced home from work hoping for pictures but got my time out by one hour. Anyway, thirty minutes to go, yeah.:flowers:

Henri M. said:
The Prince in bleached jeans, just in a hallway, caught in flashlights, dunno.... This was more 'entertainment' than 'royal' for me.

My impression can be totally wrong, of course.

:ermm:

Lol ;) . CP Frederik helped with the birth of the princess. He cut the umblical cord. Imagine if he did that whilst wearing a tie or a bow tie. Or if he changed out of what he was wearing so he could look all "royal" in front of the press.

Now THAT would give us much more cause for concern!

For my part I think the Dutch way of doing things is waaay too formal (and the royal ladies wear such BIG hats!!). But that's just me. I understand its the Dutch way... and it really does make it very interesting, all these differences.

Lisa said:
Several days I haven't open my computer, took the time this morning and went directly there to see if Mary had given birth. And that's it. What a joy. A baby girl, I'm so happy for all of them. Sure she'll be as beautiful as her parents and brother. And you're perfectly right soCal girl, please no criticisms or comparaisons. Every princess is different, but I like them both. Now I'm waiting for photos, and hope everything will be OK for Letizia.

Yes ok, you guys are right.

Last edited:
It does not appear that either 9 or 7 in Australia are broadcasting Lilleprinsesse leaving the hospital, as both their regular programs have started. Maybe they will cut in during an add or something, but I doubt it :(

There they are :flowers: Mary dressed in a gray tunic or something - and looking good!
The little girl is wrapped in a knitted blanket and wearing a white cap. You can see a bit of dark har.

..LOL she is holding her left hand between Mary's breasts! keeping the food nearby!

Last edited:
Jasl said:
Lol ;) . CP Frederik helped with the birth of the princess. He cut the umblical cord. Imagine if he did that whilst wearing a tie or a bow tie. Or if he changed out of what he was wearing so he could look all "royal" in front of the press.

Now THAT would give us much more cause for concern!

For my part I think the Dutch way of doing things is waaay too formal (and the royal ladies wear such BIG hats!!). But that's just me. I understand its the Dutch way... and it really does make it very interesting, all these differences.

the Dutch way of doing things, do not understand what you mean, which things :ermm:

Ten just mentioned they will be leaving this evening, so they are obviously not with the times. I just want to see a picture of Mary and mini mary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom