Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Courtier

wow really first princess in 60 yrs? lucky baby princess

Old 04-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeara
I am so glad they had a girl...the perfect pigeon pair...I knew Mary would pull it of...snagged a prince in a pub, married him, had a son first and then a daughter...I tell you, that woman is just born lucky :)

And an April 21st birthdate!!!...Queen Elizabeth II and a few days after Queen Margrethe's birthday...and Mary's mother's birthday is soon on the 12th of May...

I think her name will be:

Princess Arabella Ingrid Henrietta Margrethe :)
or
Princess Henrietta Ingrid Dagmar Elizabeth
or
Princess Matilda Ingrid Henrietta Margrethe

OOOOoooo...I just bursting with anticipation as to what her name will be...why do we have to wait so long???..until July/August...
Yes, Mary was born under a lucky star. She is certainly a credit to Denmark. Ah, the wonder of finding your TRUE love. It just makes everything happen perfectly.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 04-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Serene Highness

Why are some people stating that Mary does everything perfect because she had a boy first to inherit the throne and now a girl second? In most of these European country's (didn't Denmark even get this male preference changed recently) there are equal rights that exist to the throne. It is a little disrespectful in my opinion to current reigning queens and anyone else that is a female and in line to inherit a throne.

By the way does anyone know of any specific time that has been reported for Mary and baby to go home? Or is it still up in the air on whether or not she will go home tomorrow? I just don't want to miss first pics of the new princess.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:51 PM
Royal Highness

Congratulations with the new Princess.

I miss the decorum a bit. It is all too flumsy and clumsy to see how things are going with the newborn Princess. A Crown Prince answering questions in jeans? Modern and refreshing?

Call me oldfashioned, I prefer the press conference annex presentation in the Netherlands with a certain distance and decorum, with an impeccably dressed Prince showing his daughter in historic lace.

This is nice. But this could have been Freddy from three high instead of Denmark's future King.

Old 04-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
Why is are some people stating that Mary does everything perfect because she had a boy first to inherit the throne and now a girl second? In most of these European country's even in Denmark there are equal rights that exist to the throne. It is a little disrespectful in my opinion to current reigning queens and anyone else that is a female and in line to inherit the throne. If Mary and Fred had a girl first and now a boy she would be an heiress to the throne. It's not like in some countries where they have to have a boy.
As far as the current situation is - Denmark does not, per today, have equal rights for men and women when it comes to succession to the throne. Women have a right to the throne, but the law of 1953 states that brother goes before sister in the order. This means that if Mary had had a girl first, and then Christian had been born - Christian would still have been the heir to the throne. If Mary and Frederik had had twins yesterday, a boy and a girl, and even if the girl had been born first - the line to the throne would have been Christian, boy, girl. As it is - if Mary and Frederik have a third child, and it is a boy, he will go before his sister in the line to the throne. If I've understood it correctly.

And yes, the law was about to be changed around Christian's birth, but having the male heir, slowed it down a bit. I'm unsure as to the exact progress it has made to this date. There are all sorts of complications as it is tied into the constitution and whatnot.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Courtier

CONGRATULATIONS
I just woke to the news that Denmark has a Princess.
Wow, she has arrived early, it's so exciting. Crown Prince Frederik looked so happy talking to the press. I can't wait to see the first pics.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Royal Highness

Oh, I thought they'd changed that law! It doesn't matter right now, though, because Christian is still older.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1
Oh, I thought they'd changed that law! It doesn't matter right now, though, because Christian is still older.
Changing a law that is tied into the Danish constitution isn't something done quickly.

I don't know how far they've got, but when I checked Tronfølgeloven at Retsinfo (host to the Danish laws) earlier today, it was still the same from 1953, with brother before sister, that was listed as the current one.

Right now it doesn't matter much though.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:10 PM
Serene Highness

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
And yes, the law was about to be changed around Christian's birth, but having the male heir, slowed it down a bit. I'm unsure as to the exact progress it has made to this date. There are all sorts of complications as it is tied into the constitution and whatnot.
Yeah I was just reading up on it. It seems to have stalled because of Christian's birth. There is no need to go any further with it, I'm sure is how most feel. But still I don't think it's this great and wonderous accomplishment to have a boy first and a complete failure if a girl was born first. Besides hasn't everyone been to biology and anatomy classes it is the male partner that determines the sex of the baby not the female.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
Congratulations with the new Princess.

I miss the decorum a bit. It is all too flumsy and clumsy to see how things are going with the newborn Princess. A Crown Prince answering questions in jeans? Modern and refreshing?

Call me oldfashioned, I prefer the press conference annex presentation in the Netherlands with a certain distance and decorum, with an impeccably dressed Prince showing his daughter in historic lace.

This is nice. But this could have been Freddy from three high instead of Denmark's future King.

Maybe Frederik wanted to seen as just another happy father. Not everything needs to be swaddled in pomp and circumstance. Yes this is the announcement of a royal birth, but at the end of the day....they are just Fred and Mary excited about the birth of their daughter. I find it quite refreshing, as you put it that Fred has no pretense about it.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
Maybe Frederik wanted to seen as just another happy father. Not everything needs to be swaddled in pomp and circumstance. Yes this is the announcement of a royal birth, but at the end of the day....they are just Fred and Mary excited about the birth of their daughter. I find it quite refreshing, as you put it that Fred has no pretense about it.
I agree. Fred looked fine--jeans and all. Sheesh, he is enamored with his new baby, not worrying about what is the proper outfit to wear to greet the press.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 04-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to The Crown Prince couple, Christian, The Danish Royal Family, and to its people.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Serene Highness

It's just a matter of preference. Some like a more modern approach the "I'm just a regular guy" approach and others prefer things in a more "regal" manner. The regal manner being complete with the decorum and the tradition from generation to generation be carried out. Its just preference! That's what is great about having so many RF's to see. They all do things a little different.

Can someone translate for me. I just went to the Danish royal watchers site and on it has a congratulations message with this word: Tillykke!

What does it mean is this a new nickname for the baby?
Old 04-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
and on it has a congratulations message with this word: Tillykke!

What does it mean is this a new nickname for the baby?
No, the word means Congratulations in Danish.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:46 PM
Serene Highness

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras
No, the word means Congratulations in Danish.
Alright that's what I was thinking after I posted. But it was hopeful thinking on my part.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Article & cover of today's Herald Sun...if you check the HS website, you can see that the Simpsons got bumped from the cover

Mary's Baby Joy - Danes rejoice over little princess
It's a little princess for Mary
Old 04-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Courtier

I can't wait to see Christian with his new sister!!

I think something along the lines of Arabella Ingrid Margrethe Elisabeth would be such a sweet name, so that Fred could honor his mother and grandmother, and maybe they could have Queen Elizabeth be godmother since the baby was born on her birthday.
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 04-21-2007, 11:11 PM
Courtier

Wikipeadia has little Princess NN on it's site already, that is so sweet.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Courtier

This is so exciting! I can't wait to see pictures of the little princess! She is going to be soooo spoiled!
Old 04-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Gentry

Wow! Congratulations!

Closed Thread