A Princess is Born in Denmark!: April 21, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Danielane said:
That is IMHO a silly thing to say. Families with only girls or boys are not less perfect than the others, or the parents are not less happy than others parents. My parents are the proud and very happy parents of four girls and they never thought they were less happy because their last baby was a girl and not a boy.

I do not think it is silly. It is a reality that most parent with girls wants a boys and vice versa. However when the next child is yet another boy or girl, parents think the child is perfect and that their family is just the way it was mend to be - that is perfect.

Parents with four girls are likely to have wished for the fourth child to be a boy, but when is was not, their family was just perfect with four girls and they would not want it any other way. Meaning your family is perfect and your parents are as proud and happy as every one else.

Let's not put to much into it. :)

Alamak said:
Hopefully the little danish princess will not carry his brother Christian's big head.....

To me Christian has been one of the most beautiful babies since the day he was born. I have never seen such pretty eyes and such a happy smile...

:flowers:

At this very moment they salute the newborn princess from Kronborg Castle, very loud ;)

Alamak said:
Hopefully the little danish princess will not carry his brother Christian's big head.....

That is quite ill-mannered. All children whatever their physical features, have the beauty of innocence. So why is it not possible to appreciate it. As it is there are very few people in this world who will be referred to as drop-dead gorgeous. The rest can be classified as what is called pleasant looking. What is so wrong in that? I am sorry if the above lines have offended you but I find it distasteful to discuss a child. When he is grown up, you can express such viewpoints and I will respect your opinion but please refrain from such posts towards any child.

Yennie said:
At this very moment they salute the newborn princess from Kronborg Castle, very loud ;)

Can you hear it over there in Skåne ? :)

MargreteI said:
I do not think it is silly. It is a reality that most parent with girls wants a boys and vice versa. However when the next child is yet another boy or girl, parents think the child is perfect and that their family is just the way it was mend to be - that is perfect.

Parents with four girls are likely to have wished for the fourth child to be a boy, but when is was not, their family was just perfect with four girls and they would not want it any other way. Meaning your family is perfect and your parents are as proud and happy as every one else.

Let's not put to much into it. :)

Well, I can just say my parents never hoped strongely that their second child, then their third child, then their fourth, would be a girl.
I agree many parents wants a girl and a boy, or girls and boys, but I think we can not conclude from this that is the wish of every parents.

Danielane said:
Well, I can just say my parents never hoped strongely that their second child, then their third child, then their fourth, would be a girl.
I agree many parents wants a girl and a boy, or girls and boys, but I think we can not conclude from this that is the wish of every parents.

No, not all, it is only a generalisation, and I am only aiming at an innocent pre-birth wish, which vanish into the air once the parents have newborn in their arms. :wub:

The few parents who have strong desires for a specific gender makes me want to curl my toes. I feel sorry for the children. :ermm:

ravergirl said:
Congratulations!! Any idea will they will announce the name?

yes when she is babtised :bang: unfortunately

I love the description of "dark curls". Can't wait to see the little princess! Mary and Frederik must be over the moon. Congratulations on the new, healthy addition to the family!

When princess Mary and new little princess leave hospital?

Gillian said:
When princess Mary and new little princess leave hospital?

Due to normal policy on "Rigshospitalet" she should be leaving today. Normaly people who is giving birth at this hospital are not allowed to stay there for more than 1 day, but apparently that does not go for MAry (actually it can make me a bit harm that she is getting more priority than normal women who is giving birth)

But i am looking so much forward to see the little princess:wub:

But, there is any official information from the Royal House about the day and the hour that Mary and the baby could leave the hospital?

Paty said:
But, there is any official information from the Royal House about the day and the hour that Mary and the baby could leave the hospital?

Tomorrow at 11:00 CET :)

Wow, that was quick! Congratulations to Christian, Fred and Mary!

Just heard the news. How joyous! Congratulations to the royal couple. The people of Denmark must be thrilled.

Maybe today we will can see prince Christian visited mum and little sister? :)

betina said:
Due to normal policy on "Rigshospitalet" she should be leaving today. Normaly people who is giving birth at this hospital are not allowed to stay there for more than 1 day, but apparently that does not go for MAry (actually it can make me a bit harm that she is getting more priority than normal women who is giving birth)

But i am looking so much forward to see the little princess:wub:

That's not the way it is. If you and your newborn are perfectly well you are given the oppurtunity to leave the hospital the next day if you feel safe enough. And most mothers choose it this was because they want to bring their baby into their own life as fast as possible. I know this as my sister is a nurse at the maternity ward at Rigshospitalet.

MargreteI said:
Can you hear it over there in Skåne ? :)
Yes, you Danes sure are loudy :flowers: I live on the coast so Kronborg is just a few kilometres away.

Any news on when they are going home (=photos) yet?

A little princess! Its such wonderful news...i was smiling all day at work yesterday.:wub:
Can't wait to see her tomorrow!!!
And hopefully we'll get to see Christian visiting his new sister....
The name will first be announced at the christening, i think its a great tradition:)
And although most mothers choose to leave the hospital quickly, they dont have to face the worlds press as they do, eh? So i understand if she wants a bit of rest before leaving...

Yennie said:
Yes, you Danes sure are loudy :flowers: I live on the coast so Kronborg is just a few kilometres away.

Any news on when they are going home (=photos) yet?

They will leave tomorrow at 11:00 and I am sure we get to see the little princess.

Sorry about the noise :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sophus said:
That's not the way it is. If you and your newborn are perfectly well you are given the oppurtunity to leave the hospital the next day if you feel safe enough. And most mothers choose it this was because they want to bring their baby into their own life as fast as possible. I know this as my sister is a nurse at the maternity ward at Rigshospitalet.

thank you for pointin it out :flowers: i just herd it from some of my friends that have given bith at rigshospitalet that they want you out the day after

thank you very much by articles

I just say the news today!I'am so happy!I'am sure that this little Princess will look like her moom!

MargreteI said:
Tomorrow at 11:00 CET :)

That's great if it's true, but I don't see any official press release, on the royal courts webpage :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom