The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 07:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:

That photo of Henrik, is it from Frederiks birth? If so, why is he wearing that? Whas he so "surprised" by the birth that he didn´t had time to change, or did he just dressed up for the baby perhaps :)
Fredrik was also born during the night,if I remember well...Maybe Prince Henrik didn't have time to put on another suit?

Old 10-16-2005, 07:41 AM
Heir Apparent

In terms of organization around this, I have to say I was a bit more impressed with everything around Ingrid Alexandra's birth - Haakon's press conference in the auditorium seemed a bit more "together" than Frederik's out in the hallway. Granted there have been a tradition in Denmark to meet the press in that hallway, but it seemed very disorganized to me. Or maybe I'm just overly critical.

The reason for the Danes having the baptisms so quickly after the birth, is because the traditional gown they use... have been designed for a not-very large baby - and Prince "Hamlet" at around 3,5 kg at birth, can't put on much weight before the gown is too small.

Old 10-16-2005, 07:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince 'Hamlet' for the time being, that's a nice idea :)
Old 10-16-2005, 07:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
In terms of organization around this, I have to say I was a bit more impressed with everything around Ingrid Alexandra's birth - Haakon's press conference in the auditorium seemed a bit more "together" than Frederik's out in the hallway. Granted there have been a tradition in Denmark to meet the press in that hallway, but it seemed very disorganized to me. Or maybe I'm just overly critical.

The reason for the Danes having the baptisms so quickly after the birth, is because the traditional gown they use... have been designed for a not-very large baby - and Prince "Hamlet" at around 3,5 kg at birth, can't put on much weight before the gown is too small.
I agree. Generally I´ve a feeling the births of Ingrid Alexandra and Catharina-Amalia were more exciting and from a PR-considering point of view better organised (what is better for the bub is an other question)
I wonder, why Frederik doesn´t send self made pics to the press (?) This is least stressful for the child and he can decide, what pics should be chosen.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

oh let them enjoy this little time where only the close family knows the baby's name and face, it will be public posession for the rest of the boy's life.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:04 AM
Nobility

I go away for one day, had no access to the internet and the Prince was born!

I am very happy about it, I know what you mean about the press conference. Also, with the baby born when he was the Palace etc had plenty of time to organie everything.

Now I can't wait for Mary to leave the hospital with her son, I actually do like it when the baby and mum are saw together for the first time, rather than a baby picture.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:56 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore
oh let them enjoy this little time where only the close family knows the baby's name and face, it will be public posession for the rest of the boy's life.
I agree with you Hannelore. Besides, different courts have their own way of doing things, and with the DRF there is no tradition of releasing a photo of the baby immediately after the birth like in the Netherlands. The little prince will spend the rest of his life in the public eye and I'm sure there will be many opportunities for photos in the future as he grows up. Surely we can wait for a few days.:)
Old 10-16-2005, 10:02 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne

That means they can't keep us in suspense for long! I certainly hope they don't tag the name Hamlet on the poor child.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:33 AM
Serene Highness

My congrats to my beloved Frederik!!!
Happy Birthday the Little Prince!!!
Old 10-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
I asked this on the other thread but since it was just closed. Does anyone know how much 3500 grs is in pounds ?

Have they started to light the bonfires yet ?

Oppie,

3500 grams is about 7lb 5oz.:)
Old 10-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent

It was pointed out in the leader of a Danish paper (Jyllandsposten, I believe, though I'm a bit fuzzy on the exact name) that Mary and Frederik managed to do what the Danish national team didn't manage by not qualifying to the World Cup - unify Denmark and create Danish pride. It has been pointed out several times in the news, that the Royal family is one of the few unifying symbols in Denmark, shared by all.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:32 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanfan
About 7 pounds.
No, t is closer to 8 pounds. One pound is 454gr....
Old 10-16-2005, 12:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora
No, t is closer to 8 pounds. One pound is 454gr....
Here I think 3500 grams in 3.5 kilos, which is about 7.7 pounds.

Old 10-16-2005, 12:53 PM
Aristocracy

Congrats to the couple!
Old 10-16-2005, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

what about Mary's family visit the newborn baby? include her dad and step-mom

Sara Boyce
Old 10-16-2005, 02:49 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

John doanldson and wife visits Mary&Baby at hospital:)

From Polfoto
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fff.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	203738   Click image for larger version

Name:	fff2.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	203739   Click image for larger version

Name:	fff4.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	203740   Click image for larger version

Name:	fffm.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	203741  

Old 10-16-2005, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Denmark's Crown Princess Mary gives birth to a baby BOY
http://www.royalarchive.com/index.ph...=1420&Itemid=2

Mary Donaldson & Prince Frederik Have Baby Son
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...%7c0&p=3&tag=1
Old 10-16-2005, 03:12 PM
Courtier

I checked the Washington Post, and there is nothing about the birth.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Nobility

Congratulations to the young parents. (Although I had hoped for a little princess...)
Old 10-16-2005, 05:02 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to the entire Danish Royal Family on this wonderful addition! I'm sure that HRH The Crown Princess is absolutely overjoyed with her little boy.

Tags
christian, lilleprinsen, prince christian