A Prince is Born: October 15, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot wait to hear the name of the danish lille prins... we already have a new Infanta Leonor of Spain... so, when would we hear a new news from the danish prince?
ps. i hope my comment doesn't offend anyone..

I'd love to see an old-fashioned dynastic marriage. :)

BTW, one thing has been bugging me and maybe some of our Danish members can help. How do you pronounce den nye lille prins?

It looks so pretty, I wonder if it sounds as pretty. :)

Um...
Nye sounds a lot like guy.
Lille is like the flower lilly only instead of the y sound at the end, it's a bit flatter. Like "lil-eh."
And then just prins (sounds a bit like z at the end).

I hope I helped. I'm not good at typing out pronunciations! :(

'den nye lille prins' should sound somewhat like:

Den Nee-yeh lill-lè pRINSE (the 's' is pronounced)

Thanks Spiffy and moosey, it DOES sound as sweet as it looks. :) Now I'm impatiently expecting the christening to get another look at the little guy.

Is there any new news about the prince? I know i'm getting impatient but just pardon me.. CP Felipe already said his new Infanta Leonor will be baptized after christmas, so are we expecting the same from the danish lille prins? I really respect the way each royal household handle their business, but when Ingrid Alexandra was born, we already see a photo session with Haakon, Mette-Marit & Marius (the same goes with Frederik & Mary after they left rigshospitalet with their baby) but then they also have an interview just a couple of days after; and when Catharina-Amalia was born, they have a photo session with Queen Beatrix, Willem-Alexander, and Maxima at their home. What more can we expect in the next days and weeks to come?
ps. i'm really sorry if any of my comment offend anyone... thanks in advance..:)

purple_platinum said:
Is there any new news about the prince? I know i'm getting impatient but just pardon me.. CP Felipe already said his new Infanta Leonor will be baptized after christmas, so are we expecting the same from the danish lille prins? I really respect the way each royal household handle their business, but when Ingrid Alexandra was born, we already see a photo session with Haakon, Mette-Marit & Marius (the same goes with Frederik & Mary after they left rigshospitalet with their baby) but then they also have an interview just a couple of days after; and when Catharina-Amalia was born, they have a photo session with Queen Beatrix, Willem-Alexander, and Maxima at their home. What more can we expect in the next days and weeks to come?
ps. i'm really sorry if any of my comment offend anyone... thanks in advance..:)

new 2 CP couples who become parent this month and Fred&Mary will have plans christening but im not sure when maybe before thanksgiving or before christmas or after christmas we have wait and see from statement of CP couple says to have plans for their son's christening.

and CP Felipe and Letizia will have plans christening because their daughter was few days old and maybe wait after 6 weeks to plans christening if King and Queen wanted early christening i dont blame CP couples what both wanted it we have wait and see what happened.

Sara Boyce

ysbel said:
Oh goodie, Warren hasn't closed the thread yet!

BT posted this pic today. Its from the same session outside the hospital but I haven't seen this one yet. Its so cute...its the nye lille prinse's first wave! :D

Starting his balcony training pretty early, huh? :p

Mary and the baby look quite well! I was upset to read about the jaundice issue, but it is common in infants. I am sure all will be well.

What I am wondering about a great deal is if they are going to part from tradition and not name him Christian?

Alisa said:
Last Sunday the Crown Princely couple and Lille Prins had brunch with the Reigning pair, Prince Joachim, and Princes Nikolai and Felix.
www.rexfeatures.com

2. Lille prins's nanny Mette Hansen

Attachments

• 558761a.jpg
    558761a.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 423
  • 558761b.jpg
    558761b.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 412
  • 558761e.jpg
    558761e.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 370
  • 558761f.jpg
    558761f.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 391
  • 558761g.jpg
    558761g.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:
Where's den nye lille prins? In the bag? :D LOL

ysbel said:
Where's den nye lille prins? In the bag? :D LOL

Yup, the lille prins is in his carrycot. It is very maneuverable and easier to handle and lighter than a car seat carry around.

Thanks pdas1201! It's great to see Mary and Frederik getting about with den nye lille prins. Hope they tell us soon when the baptism will be.

pdas1201 said:
Yup, the lille prins is in his carrycot. It is very maneuverable and easier to handle and lighter than a car seat carry around.

Oh my! I was making a joke - it looks like an overnight bag or something for sports equipment! You mean that they carry babies in this? What about the swinging?

ysbel said:
Oh my! I was making a joke - it looks like an overnight bag or something for sports equipment! You mean that they carry babies in this? What about the swinging?
The babies don't mind, I think they even enjoy it - it's like a cradle where the rocking movement is deliberate. My baby used to fall asleep quickly when carried like this.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/11/03/frederikandmary/

Frederik and Mary take baby son for family lunch

3 NOVEMBER 2005
Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik looked delighted to be left holding the baby when he and Princess Mary went to lunch with his mother, Queen Margrethe.

The first-time parents strolled over from their wing of the Fredensborg Palace to the main residence for the family gathering, with a casually-dressed Frederik toting his two-week-old son in a carrycot.
(...)

The couple strolling round from The Chancellery, where they live, to the main palace at Fredensborg - Photo: © Rex
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/11/03/frederikandmary/imgs/fred-and-mary-dop1a.jpg

Nice to see them out and about.

I wonder what duties Mette is carrying out, I think I would be a terrible employee for a nanny. Don't think I could let them do anything!

I was suprised that Mary had a nanny already, I had thought she would wait a while as she is not working so much at the moment. Although it is probably better tolet the baby get used to Mette and plus she can be on hand with advice for Mary.

BTW - Do any of you guys visit the http://crownprincessmary.ipbhost.com/index.php?act=idx

board? I have been unable to access that site for a few days now.

I can access the site without a problem, I can't imagine what's going on for you though.

Is your password correct? Or maybe the site just had difficulties in the last few days when I haven't logged in.

I always thought that Mary said that her children wouldn't be raised with nannies around, but please do correct me if I'm mistaken.

agisele said:
I always thought that Mary said that her children wouldn't be raised with nannies around, but please do correct me if I'm mistaken.

It's an Australian thing, to us 'raised' means the part the parents would usually play in the upbringing of their children.

What the CP meant was that she didn't want her children to be raised (meaning predominately cared for) by nannies, but that they would play the part that babysitters and daycare would play in the lives of non-royal children.

When she said she did not want her children being raised by nannies she was refering to Fred's childhood and historical raising of royal children. In the past royal children were handed off the their nannies and rarely ever saw the parents. Mary is saying she does not want that type of cold upbrining for her kids. Mary cannot also look after her children 24/7. I have no doubt both Fred and Mary will be very very involved with their children.

agisele said:

Of course if she has to be away working, then she will use a nanny as other people use nannies or sitters. What Mary meant was that when she is at home, she plans to be very involved in her children's lives and raise them herself. Nannies will not be her the primary caregivers of the children as it has been in the past for many royal families.

Mary loves the photographers very much!

How attention seeking Mary is? She is enjoying the photoshoot very much ! She prefers to smile into the cameras instead of holding her baby. It seems to me that Fred takes care of their baby more than Mary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Must they have all nannys??? Is it possible that a member of the royal family cannot raise is child without a nanny!!!! Please!!!!

Guido said:
How attention seeking Mary is? She is enjoying the photoshoot very much ! She prefers to smile into the cameras instead of holding her baby. It seems to me that Fred takes care of their baby more than Mary.

You must be joking?

Whats wrong with a smile or a wave?

And just because the baby's father is holding him makes Mary a bad mother...

Quite the pompous remark & totally unfounded!

"MII"

Last edited:
Guido said:

You are so right . I totally agree. Mary always hunts for the paparazzis cameras too singularly ,especially with her eyes. IMO, Yes ,She does enjoy the photoshoot very much. Mary looks like a Hollywood ambitious actress who looks for people attention.

Last edited:
biboquinhas said:
Must they have all nannys??? Is it possible that a member of the royal family cannot raise is child without a nanny!!!! Please!!!!

of course its not impossible for a child to be raised by their parents and parents alone. But I hardly think that a Crown Princess can start to breast feed at an official engagement or console her child when he starts screaming during a talk or rock the baby's pram, burp the baby etc etc.

For official engagements the child shall be in the care of the nanny, the rest of the time he shall be with his father & mother. The way it should be!

"MII"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom