A Prince is Born: October 15, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an ANP picture of Frederik's baptism where you can see the robe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Denmarks Prince Treated For Jaundice

Denmark's infant prince is being treated for jaundice. The tiny royal is said to have a slight yellow tinge, which affects around 50 per cent of all babies, but insiders say the condition is very minor....A radiant Mary also revealed she is already thinking about having another child. She said: "Of course he will be a big brother." She added: "It's so wonderful to see our child. The heart just radiates with warmth."

More:
http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/103192004.htm

according to hello magazine (spanish version), frederik and mary took the baby to rigshospitalet. he was diagnosed jaundice (don't worry, it's a common problem in babies )

you can read the whole article here.

http://www.hola.com/abonados/casasreales/2...ncipe-hospital/

QUOTE 24 OCTUBRE 2005
Los príncipes Federico y Mary de Dinamarca abandonaron el pasado viernes, a las 02:30 horas de la madrugada, su residencia y se apresuraron con su bebé al Hospital de la Universidad de Copenhague, según la prensa danesa. Los Herederos fueron recibidos a su llegada a la sección de pediatría del centro por un reducido grupo de médicos y enfermeras. Después de las pertinentes pruebas médicas, el pequeño fue diagnosticado, según los rotativos daneses -la Casa Real no ha confirmado por el momento la información-, de ictericia.

Cerca del 60% de los recién nacidos presenta este trastorno, que se produce por un exceso de bilirrubina en la sangre. El acúmulo de esta sustancia se origina cuando la producción es excesiva con respecto a su eliminación, lo que se traduce en una coloración amarillenta de la piel y de las mucosas, como se observa en la conjuntiva de los ojos. La ictericia, que se observa a menudo en niños prematuros -el primogénito de los Príncipes de Dinamarca nació dos semanas antes de lo previsto-, es transitoria en la mayoría de los casos y no tiene repercusión alguna sobre la salud. Sin embargo, en ocasiones, sobre todo en casos de incompatibilidades sanguíneas, puede provocar sordera y otras manifestaciones clínicas del sistema nervioso central de diverso grado.

De nuevo, en casa
El primer hijo de los príncipes Federico y Mary recibió un tratamiento de rayos UV, conocido también como "fototerapia", que ayuda a metabolizar la bilirrubina. Tras lo cual, el recién nacido fue dado de alta inmediatamente y antes de las 10 de la mañana del sábado, la pequeña familia se encontraba de nuevo de camino a casa, en el palacio de Fredensborg.

En los días previos al susto de salud del pequeño Príncipe, la pareja real competía contra el tiempo para encontrar nombre para el bebé, fijar fecha para el bautizo real, así como escoger padrinos e invitados. El bautismo no será, de todas maneras, el primer rito para el primogénito de los príncipes Federico y Mary. El padre de la Princesa, John Donaldson, humedeció ya la cabeza del niño con unas gotas de champagne. El abuelo paterno, el príncipe Henrik, le tiene reservado una fórmula más extraña aún. Siguiendo una tradición francesa, planea frotar los labios del bebé con ajo y limpiarlo con unas pocas gotas de vino tinto.

a translation of the article thanks to freetranslation.com

QUOTE The princes Federico and Mary of Denmark they abandoned the past Friday, to the 02:30 hours of the early morning, their residence and they were hurried with their baby al Hospital of the University of Copenhagen, according to the Danish press. The Heirs were received to their arrival to the section of pediatrics of the center by a reduced group of doctors and nurses. After the pertinent medical tests, the small one was diagnosed, according to the Danish newspapers -the royal household has not confirmed for the moment the information-, of jaundice.

Near the 60% of the newborns presents this inconvenience, that an excess is produces by of bilirrubina in the blood. The build-up of this substance is originated when the production is excessive with regard to its elimination, what is translated in a yellowish coloring of the skin and of the mucous membranes, as is observed in the conjunctive one of the eyes. The jaundice, that is observed often in premature children -the primogénito of the Princes of Denmark was born two weeks earlier than expected-, is transitory in most cases and does not have any repercussion on the health. Nevertheless, from time to time, above all in cases of blood incompatibilities, can cause deafness and other clinical demonstrations of the system nervous head office of diverse degree.

Again, at home The first son of the princes Federico and Mary received a processing of rays UV, acquaintance also as "phototherapy", that helps to metabolizar the bilirrubina. After which, the newborn was given of high immediately and before the 10 in the morning on Saturday, the small family was found again of road home, in the palace of Fredensborg.

In the days subject to al scare of health of the small Prince, the real couple he was of concern against the time to find name for the baby, to set date for the real baptism, as well as to choose godfathers and guests. The baptism will not be, of all ways, the first rite for the primogénito of the princes Federico and Mary. The father of the Princess, John Donaldson, dampened already the head of the boy with some drops of champagne. The paternal grandfather, the prince Henrik, has him reserved a more strange formula still. Continuing a French tradition, plans to rub the lips of the baby with garlic and to clean it with some few drops of red wine.

betina said:
No this one is an older one worn by Frederik 6. children :)

I know it's tradition, but that has GOT to be the girliest christening gown ever. I know that gowns are inherently "girlish," but the pink frills on the edges just make me giggle!:p

SpiffyBallerina said:
I know it's tradition, but that has GOT to be the girliest christening gown ever. I know that gowns are inherently "girlish," but the pink frills on the edges just make me giggle!:p

The most sadest thing is that only 2 of his 8 children survived adulthood.
Most of them died before they was 1 year

For discussion regarding the christening like gowns and rituals, please don't post the pictures directly to the forum, use of image hosting website is requested. Images not of the prince or his family like pictures of his great-grandparents and their christening gowns should be posted via image hosting website, otherwise they will be deleted, without prior notice.

Also, I would like to remind the members to credit their source per the copyright rule http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6455. Images/articles posted without a source will be deleted.

pdas1201
Danish Forum SuperModerator

alelysafina said:
Awww poor kiddila, I hope he gets better soon. :)

I just sa a tv commercial for a magazine named Kig ind or Her og Nu and they had the nerve to say that jaundice is an very highly dangerous illness the littel prince had and CP Frederik and CP Mary was afraid of that hes was going to die.
Let me just say this: That story is a lie because infants don´t die of janundice when they have had a treatment in ultraviolet rays.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Jaundice is really common and the doctor ususally says "put the kid out in the sun for a little bit" and then the child gets more vitamin D and then the jaundice goes away. It's a really minor problem and it has a very quick and natural solution.

ysbel said:
So funny, SpiffyBallerina! You should see what they put Queen Margrethe's father in when he was little!
In this time all the little royal boys wore dresses like this.:D

To The New Prince Of Denmark

CONGRATULATIONS TO HRH PRINCE FREDERIK AND HRH PRINCESS MARY ON YOUR NEW BABY BOY.
I WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAPPINESS AND GOOD HEALTH !!!!!! :) :D

norwegianne said:
A lot of the female commentators were quite impressed with how well Mary looked only so shortly after giving birth, and a bit jealous :)

Yes, she did look wonderful! Women usually feel like they are "glowing" even if just inside themselves after having a baby. ( They might not feel that way physically!!)
I know when I had my son, I was sure the birds outside were singing just for me!
That sounds so corny, but I really did feel that at the time!! haha

I think too, Mary would have some help with her grooming on such a day as coming home with the baby.
And very beautifully cut clothes too, that are very flattering. I dont think I ever saw a woman leave a maternity ward in stillettos before! hehe ;)

I love all te pictures and videos posted here. Such a perfect, perfect family. I bought a whole stack of magazines with the articles too!:eek:

I was wondering if somebody has a copy of the latest Australian Woman's Day magazine?
http://womansday.ninemsn.com.au/
It looks like it has a lot pictures about Frederik's and Mary's little baby boy. If somebody could scan them that would be great!

timoka said:
I was wondering if somebody has a copy of the latest Australian Woman's Day magazine?
http://womansday.ninemsn.com.au/
It looks like it has a lot pictures about Frederik's and Mary's little baby boy. If somebody could scan them that would be great!

Dear Timoka

You can see the scan pictures of the latest Australian Woman's Day magazine at Crown Princess Mary Elizabeth of Denmark Message Board as below :

http://crownprincessmary.ipbhost.com/

But you have to become a member first and the direct link for the above scan pictures is below :

http://crownprincessmary.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=3369

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks, Linda! That is another great discussion board. Now I can check out the latest things about the Royals in two different places.

Timoka:cool:

Last edited:
timoka said:
Thanks, Linda! That is another great discussion board. Now I can check out the latest things about the Royals in two different places.

Timoka:cool:

Dear Timoka

You are welcome.

Yeah, Crown Princess Mary Elizabeth of Denmark Message Board is a great board. I really love it! :p

Cheers

New Idea magazine had even more than Womans Day! I bought Womens Weekly and who weekly as well!

Oh cool, now we have another future bride candidate for the little nameless prince... Just think about it, wouldn't it be kind of cute if he fell in love with the spanish infanta Leonor? :rolleyes: :p

Catharina said:
Oh cool, now we have another future bride candidate for the little nameless prince... Just think about it, wouldn't it be kind of cute if he fell in love with the spanish infanta Leonor? :rolleyes: :p

Hum... that might cause a tiny problem, as they both most likely will be monarch in their respective countries... Don't quite see a union with Denmark and Spain either (like Sweden and Norway had a hundered years ago).

KikkiB said:
Hum... that might cause a tiny problem, as they both most likely will be monarch in their respective countries... Don't quite see a union with Denmark and Spain either (like Sweden and Norway had a hundered years ago).

Well, I was considering it in case the law isn't changed in Spain and Leonor remains an infanta.

And no, I'm not even suggesting reliving history by marrying Ingrid Alexandra to the prince! :D:p

Yes, it would be fun if all these little princes and princesses hit it off romantically, but considering their parents choices in spouse I guess that it won't happen. But who knows?! Stranger things have happened!! But I'll be an old lady (and probably slightly demented) when or if it happens. And I guess that the monarchies will update the their laws on sucessions anyway, it seems like the society is ready for it (since it's been suggested both in Denmark and in Spain and also in Japan).

But life would be dull if you don't have the what if... "games", so I quite understand your thoughts :)

KikkiB said:

True. It really wouldn't be possible for a Crown Prince and Crown Princess to marry without one having to step aside. Someone would definitely have to give up their succession rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom