A Prince is Born: October 15, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baby Prince's Name?

What day for official announce to Baby Prince name?

didem said:
What day for official announce to Baby Prince name?

According to my sources (this board!:D ) the name isn't officially announced until the baby's mother says it on the day of the christening, which probably won't be for a few weeks yet, maybe longer.:(

Re:

I think thats the way they do things Layla but I'm not sure - this is my first Royal Baby Watch!

(Thanks for the compliment on my Avatar! She looks so pretty in that outfit, I couldn't let it go to waste!)

BeatrixFan said:
I think thats the way they do things Layla but I'm not sure - this is my first Royal Baby Watch!

(Thanks for the compliment on my Avatar! She looks so pretty in that outfit, I couldn't let it go to waste!)

It's my first Royal Baby Watch too. But, I read that's what happened with Princess Alexandra, and Nikolai, and Felix.

(I think the same about the outfit, regardless of the posters saying the comparisons were over the top).

Re:

I missed the whole Alexandra era which is a shame really. Maybe thats why I'm so into Frederik and Mary and their little baby......:)mad: Wish we knew the name!!)

Alexandra said:
Hello Layla
You can copy and edit pictures with a capture-programme. For instance with Gadwin PrintScreen, witch you can load in the address below:

http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/

The programme is very easy to use.

Thank you Alexandra! That's so nice of you to provide the link for me.:)

Re:

Thankyou!! :D

(We're doing so well at keeping this thread going!)

BeatrixFan said:
Thankyou!! :D

(We're doing so well at keeping this thread going!)

Yes you are! Great avatar, did you see the church wedding this morning?

Well I found a real fun poll on TV2 where you can vote on which Danish royal baby the new prince looks like.

I don't think he looks like any of them but its fun to take and see what the
others think.

http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/baggrund/article.php?id=3034700

ysbel said:
Yes you are! Great avatar, did you see the church wedding this morning?

Well I found a real fun poll on TV2 where you can vote on which Danish royal baby the new prince looks like.

I don't think he looks like any of them but its fun to take and see what the
others think.

http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/baggrund/article.php?id=3034700

What is the translation for these. I'd like to vote but I can't because I don't know what they say. I'm assuming they basically say I agree strongly, I disagree strongly, etc.

I høj grad

I nogen grad
I mindre gradSlet ikke

Ved ikke

Last edited:
Lady Jennifer said:
I høj grad

I nogen grad.
I mindre grad
Slet ikke.

Ved ikke
Extremely
Somewhat
To a lesser degree
Not at all
Don't know

Ahhh thanks norwegianne!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so Henrik is going to rub his grandson's lips with garlic and pour red wine down his throat as a birth ritual?

Thank God I wasn't born in France! :eek:

Kingaroo! That's funny...I guess it's pretty cute. I can't wait for the christening! Not only for the baby's name (I can't wait!) but also for all the royals we will see in one place at the same time. It better happen soon, that lace christening gown seems to be pretty small. Babies in the 1700s were significantly smaller than babies nowadays. :D

ysbel said:
OK, so Henrik is going to rub his grandson's lips with garlic and pour red wine down his throat as a birth ritual?

Thank God I wasn't born in France! :eek:
Yes, what is this ritual about? Does anyone have any more information on its origins? I hardly think giving a baby wine is the most sensible thing to do. Even a small amount would be harmful.

I hardly think giving a baby wine is the most sensible thing to do. Even a small amount would be harmful.
Every Edwardian British Nanny would disagree with you there. Whisky on a Dummy wasn't exactly a rare thing, even in the 1980s when I enjoyed many a dram from a 'pacifier'. I will admit though, that I didn't have wine and a cheese board until many years later.

OK so what royal baby do you all think den nye lille prins looks most like?

Frederik
Joachim
Nikolai
Felix
Margrethe
Frederik IX (Margrethe's father)
or Christian X (Margrethe's grandfather)

I don't think he looks like any of them but he looks closest to Nikolai, Alexandra and Joachim's oldest.

Danielle said:
Yes, what is this ritual about? Does anyone have any more information on its origins? I hardly think giving a baby wine is the most sensible thing to do. Even a small amount would be harmful.

It wasn't so much the red wine but the garlic on the lips that turned me off. Yuck!

'Den nye lille prins' looks like he has the same nose as King Christian IX, and his father Frederik, and maybe a bit like Felix. But, aside from that I really don't see any resemblance.

Lena said:
"Die aktuelle" tells this week, that Mary has called Letizia from hospital and wished her good luck for her birth. I didn´t wanted to keep back with this news, but I also will add the advice to read it with a grain of salt. Die aktuelle and it´s court reporter Norbert Loh are nicer to Scandinavian monarchies than other tabloids, but Mr. Loh´s reports about hobnobbing with the Royals should be read carefully. http://www.aktuelle.de/aktuelle/content/aktuelle_topstories.php?sid=2186
This is typical German:D The quotes from Margrethe, Mary and Frederik in this article are 90% invented/manipulated by the journalist. It doesnt match much what I saw on TV. So I guess that the phonecall to letizia is possible also wrong. German journalists:confused: :D

Layla1971 said:
'Den nye lille prins' looks like he has the same nose as King Christian IX, and his father Frederik, and maybe a bit like Felix. But, aside from that I really don't see any resemblance.

Hey Layla, I went back and looked and think you are right! I didn't notice the nose resemblance with his father Frederik and Christian X but now I see it (not Christian IX because when he was born in 1818, photography hadn't been invented yet)

There doesn't seem to be much resemblance between 'den nye lille prins' and his royal relatives but maybe its harder to tell with babies. The baby pic of Christian X looked really strange to me, it was as if he were dead rather than asleep. I guess they had different tastes in baby photography back then.

ysbel said:
Hey Layla, I went back and looked and think you are right! I didn't notice the nose resemblance with his father Frederik and Christian X but now I see it (not Christian IX because when he was born in 1818, photography hadn't been invented yet)

There doesn't seem to be much resemblance between 'den nye lille prins' and his royal relatives but maybe its harder to tell with babies. The baby pic of Christian X looked really strange to me, it was as if he were dead rather than asleep. I guess they had different tastes in baby photography back then.

Sorry ysbel, I meant Frederik IX, not Christian IX.:eek: :eek:
And, I thought baby pictures looked strange back then too! (luckily for us they don't do that anymore!

Layla1971 said:
Does anyone have a picture of the christening gown?

Is it the same one Felix is wearing?

Good question Layla. They say it is an old gown but Felix's gown doesn't look like the one that Christian X was christened in. When did they start using the current gown?

edit: Source: nyhederne.tv2.dk

Last edited:
I read in an article somewhere that Joachim's children didn't wear the traditional baptismal gown, that they were new because one or both of the boys outgrew the gown. Let me see if I can find the article somewhere.

Layla1971 said:
Thanks Australian! I was wondering what they were going to do with it!

Apparently the tram is going to a museum in Denmark, not sure which one though!! And I would imagine that the Beatrix Potter books will go to Frederik and Mary personally because I'm sure that Mary would be fimiliar with them and read them to the new bub.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
I read in an article somewhere that Joachim's children didn't wear the traditional baptismal gown, that they were new because one or both of the boys outgrew the gown. Let me see if I can find the article somewhere.

So that means Frederik and Mary could wait until next year to have 'Den nye lille prins' christened?
That's an awfully long time for the Royal Family to make us wait to find out his name!:(

no Felix and Nikolai got a new dress because they are not sons of the crownprince. Only kings/queens and crownprince/princesses children can be babtized in the old dress they have desided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom