A Prince is Born: October 15, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noelle9982 said:
However, I still think it must be difficult for Mary that Frederick's family is such a big part of their lives and her family is not. I know she probably realized this and accepted it before they got married but still...I can imagine that I'd be missing my family at a time like this if I were her.

Noelle, I think the one person Mary misses right now is her mom who died awhile back. I know of women who had their first child after their mother died and the first birth is really hard. Somehow the rest of the family doesn't quite make up for that one loss.

Mary must have had some tough times over the last few days.

Layla1971 said:
Great article mandyy, thank you. And, nicknaming him 'kingaroo' is soooo cute!:)

Oh please don't nickname the poor child kingaroo - that's AWFUL! :eek: (we need a yuck! icon) :D

Catharina said:
And back to the subject!! Many people here in Finland wonder about the baby's skin color and claim he looks tanned. I don't see it but then again, babies in my family, in my husband's family and even in my sister's husband's family tend to have a yellowish/olive skin color. I'm not just talking about the common yellowing that happens to babies often although that too is fairly common in my family.

Catharina, you Finnish as I am?

To the subject: The skin colour can change by little babies. I used to know a Finnish mulatto boy when he was a wee little baby. He is nowadays adult and quite brown, but when he was born, he looked almost as fair as any other finnish baby. The beautiful brown shade of the skin bacame more intensive, when he was about half a year old.

marys family

Also with computers I am sure they are in touch and with the latest cameras they can see the baby live. I also think they are waiting for the christening to come. The ones that can come will .

Alexandra said:
Catharina, you Finnish as I am?

To the subject: The skin colour can change by little babies. I used to know a Finnish mulatto boy when he was a wee little baby. He is nowadays adult and quite brown, but when he was born, he looked almost as fair as any other finnish baby. The beautiful brown shade of the skin bacame more intensive, when he was about half a year old.
The reason why hes so yellow is probably that he has jaundice, but I think thats normal for babies?

My own daughter had jaundice and the nurse told me to let her lay in sunlight and that would correct the color. (It did). I think in rare cases it can lead to something more serious but it's generally a common problem. I hope the name announcement comes soon!

Australian said:
That would be nice, even ideal. But they might think it would look rude if they give presents that they were presented with, to others. I think if these companies give under-priveldged people the presents, its a good way to celebrate the birth of the prince and lets everybody share in the the advantages. Afterall, isnt a monarchy about its people?

I wonder how they'll handle it then -- the new baby that CP Fred & Mary could not possibly need 'truckloads' of presents. He's only going to be a newborn for just so long and one tiny little baby could not possibly enjoy so many things all by himself...

Good grief...:)

While I understand the gesture, I wonder what Fred & Mary wil do with all that stuff. Will they keep all that packed up in the garage or something for fear of looking rude? What does the ryoal family traditionally do for this type of thing?

Maybe they'll take just a few things and not tell which and share with everyone else who may need all those things... :p

It will be interesting to know how that would be handled...:p

Last edited:
An Idea For Gifts For The Little Prince

Originally Posted by Australian
That would be nice, even ideal. But they might think it would look rude if they give presents that they were presented with, to others. I think if these companies give under-priveldged people the presents, its a good way to celebrate the birth of the prince and lets everybody share in the the advantages. Afterall, isnt a monarchy about its people?

Since it is inevitable that thousands are going to send gifts to Denmark for the new little Prince, I think it would be wonderful if people would enclose a request that their gifts be donated to needy children on behalf of the little Prince. What do you all think? That way Fred and Mary wouldn't look rude and it would accomplish a lot! :)

I don't think it would look rude at all for them to give the gifts to needy children. I pretty much think thats what they will do any way.

whats the address for a letter to the Crown Prince and Crown Princess to congradulate them

Royal Fan said:
whats the address for a letter to the Crown Prince and Crown Princess to congradulate them

This is the address (taken from the official website of the DRF), If anyone will send congratulation notes or gifts:

HRH Crown Princess Mary and/or HRH Crown Prince Frederik
Amalienborg
Hofmarskallatet
Postboks 2143
DK1015 Copenhagen K
Denmark

If you want to deliver your letter or present personally, that is go to the door, and ring the bell: this is the address:

Amalienborg
Hofmarskallatet
Det Gule Palais
Amaliegade 18
Copenhagen/København
between 09.00 to 16.00 on all working days.

If you write a return mail address, you will usually get a thank-you note from
the court.

Thanks to Thor from CPMEMB for the above information

Last edited:
starnightsky said:
Originally Posted by Australian

Since it is inevitable that thousands are going to send gifts to Denmark for the new little Prince, I think it would be wonderful if people would enclose a request that their gifts be donated to needy children on behalf of the little Prince. What do you all think? That way Fred and Mary wouldn't look rude and it would accomplish a lot! :)

Perhaps, rather than gifts, one could set up a humanitarian fund in the Prince's name, in favour of handicapped children, or something like that, and rather than presents on birthdays and such, encourage donations? A fund like that was set up around Märtha Louise's one year birthday, I think it was. Haakon and Mette-Marit also started a fund like that when they got married, and wished for donations to the fund rather than gifts. I don't know if that's a tradition in Denmark, but to me, that's gifts that would last longer and benefit more.

What wonderful news! Congrats to the new and proud parents!
I've been out of action for the last couple of weeks as my mother-in-law recently passed away....still coping with the grief and trying to move on with life.

Thought the best way to start back the normality of life was to check in here and what wonderful news!!

Three cheers to CP Mary and Frederik.

Jang said:
when will we know the name of the a newborn prince?

If I remember correctly from previous posts, we will know is name when he is Christened.

norwegianne said:
Perhaps, rather than gifts, one could set up a humanitarian fund in the Prince's name, in favour of handicapped children, or something like that, and rather than presents on birthdays and such, encourage donations? A fund like that was set up around Märtha Louise's one year birthday, I think it was. Haakon and Mette-Marit also started a fund like that when they got married, and wished for donations to the fund rather than gifts. I don't know if that's a tradition in Denmark, but to me, that's gifts that would last longer and benefit more.

I agree: that would be a very nice gesture. I know lot of people (commoners at the utmost) who did it. When I and my sisters were born my parents made known to their friends that they didn't want presents but prefered that donations were made to some fund they had selected with the family.

Danielane
Great, kind parents you´ve got! I think that´s wonderful.

I´ve done that with my Christmas presents ; I tell my friends to donate to my favourite charity, instead of getting a present.

Danielane said:
I agree: that would be a very nice gesture. I know lot of people (commoners at the utmost) who did it. When I and my sisters were born my parents made known to their friends that they didn't want presents but prefered that donations were made to some fund they had selected with the family.

It sounds like a nice gesture although everytime I hear of it I keep thinking of Joan Crawford who never let her children keep any of their Christmas or birthday presents because 'there was always someone less fortunate who would appreciate it more' The poor girls never got to keep anything and got paranoid and guilty about accepting any gifts from anyone when they became adults.

ysbel said:
It sounds like a nice gesture although everytime I hear of it I keep thinking of Joan Crawford who never let her children keep any of their Christmas or birthday presents because 'there was always someone less fortunate who would appreciate it more' The poor girls never got to keep anything and got paranoid and guilty about accepting any gifts from anyone when they became adults.

Yeah, I remember a film made about Joan Crawford, quite sad.
One scene showed, I think Joan's boyfriend of the time, give her daughter alot of gifts for her birthday, and her mother didn't want her to keep more than one of them, but the boyfriend convinced Joan to let her keep the teddy bear, and a necklace.
What a sad story! But, I'm sure in the Prince's case, he is going to have countless gifts, and so much love from his family, he won't feel too sad about not being able to keep all of them (at least when he's older, and realizes how many people gave him stuff).:)

ysbel said:

Yeah...Joan Crawford is not the model of motherhood I expect anyone to follow.:p :D

ysbel said:
Oh please don't nickname the poor child kingaroo - that's AWFUL! :eek: (we need a yuck! icon) :D

Why is that awful? It sounds very Australian to me, but that's just me!:)

SpiffyBallerina said:
Joan Crawford is not the model of motherhood I expect anyone to follow
Woah! Can I (a Joan-addict) step in there? There's no proof that Joan was abusive to the Children and although Christina Crawford claims she was mistreated - the other Crawford adoptees have said that Christina's book 'Mommie Dearest' is a gross exaggeration.

It is true however, that Joan would only allow the children to keep 1 gift. The rest went to the poor.

So, although I don't think Joan did mistreat them with wardrobe hardware, let's keep Mary away from wire-hangers anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:
Xandra said:
Danielane
Great, kind parents you´ve got! I think that´s wonderful.

I´ve done that with my Christmas presents ; I tell my friends to donate to my favourite charity, instead of getting a present.

Yes I have very kind parents. I was brought up with the values of charity and attention toward the others.

BeatrixFan said:
Joan Crawford is not the model of motherhood I expect anyone to follow.
Woah! Can I (a Joan-addict) step in there? There's no proof that Joan was abusive to the Children and although Christina Crawford claims she was mistreated - the other Crawford adoptees have said that Christina's book 'Mommie Dearest' is a gross exaggeration.
It is true however, that Joan would only allow the children to keep 1 gift. The rest went to the poor.
So, although I don't think Joan did mistreat them with wardrobe hardware, let's keep Mary away from wire-hangers anyway!
There was only one other adopted child, a boy, but I don't remember his name.
And it wasn't just the children that claimed she was tough on people, her co-stars, and other Hollywood insiders said the same thing.
I can't remember who exactly, but I did see a documentary on it.

Re:

There was only one other adopted child, a boy, but I don't remember his name
He was called Christopher. There were two other children - twins. A girl and a boy I believe. They were less publicised and went under ground at about 18. They didn't want the attention and rarely spoke to Joan. Now they have changed their names and never talk about their mother.

There were a few horror stories but Joan's housekeeper, Carol-Anne, always denied Christina's book had any truth to it.

BeatrixFan said:
He was called Christopher. There were two other children - twins. A girl and a boy I believe. They were less publicised and went under ground at about 18. They didn't want the attention and rarely spoke to Joan. Now they have changed their names and never talk about their mother.

There were a few horror stories but Joan's housekeeper, Carol-Anne, always denied Christina's book had any truth to it.

Maybe this maid only seen the good side, or what she wanted to see?
Also, maybe she was getting money from the estate, and wanted to say only good things, as many loyal staff still receive money until their deaths if their boss is fond of them.

Enough about Joan.

thanks

Warren said:
Enough about Joan.
thanks
I knew one of you was going to tell us that soon!!:D
But, there won't be any news on the baby for a few weeks yet, so what else are we to talk about in this thread right now?:)

Layla1971 said:
I knew one of you was going to tell us that soon!!:D
But, there won't be any news on the baby for a few weeks yet, so what else are we to talk about in this thread right now?:)
The Prince has been safely delivered and is now at home. Probably not much more to say until the christening. We could work our way through a long list of celebrity mothers,
or even (gasp!) close the thread.

:)
W

Warren said:
The Prince has been safely delivered and is now at home. Probably not much more to say until the christening. We could work our way through a long list of celebrity mothers,
or even (gasp!) close the thread.:) W
No don't close the thread!:mad:
I like to have the option to talk about past events!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom