A Prince is Born: October 15, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SpiffyBallerina said:
What picture are you talking about?
Yeah WHAT picture!? Have I totally missed something?:confused:

One member posted what they thought to be Mary and the baby, but it wasn't. No photo has been released yet!

Danielle said:
One member posted what they thought to be Mary and the baby, but it wasn't. No photo has been released yet!
Okey. Thanks!:)

they said in the Sunday morning newspaper that his name most likely be Christian going with tradition

Congradulations Your Royal Highnesses, and welcome Your [Future] Majesty!

Please remember that if you wish to post photos or articles, to make sure that they have not already been posted before.

Thank you,

Danielle
Royal Forums Moderator

That baby seems to be growing by the minute. Everytime somebody shows how long he is, he gets longer.:eek:

I love the present Victoria shall be giving Their Royal Highnesses. Now they shall have their own piece of Melbourne!

Still extremely overjoyed!!!

"MII"

Margrethe II said:
I love the present Victoria shall be giving Their Royal Highnesses. Now they shall have their own piece of Melbourne!
"MII"
Margrethe, what is the gift you speak of? The train?
CM

caroline mathilda said:
That baby seems to be growing by the minute. Everytime somebody shows how long he is, he gets longer.:eek:
It's a bit like when people talking about how big the fish they caught was - the size always increases. :p

I want to send my heartfelt congratulations to Mary and Frederik on the birth of their son!! God Bless all of them!! Her Majesty the Queen must be over the moon!!

Lady Jennifer said:
Is there any reason they stay that long. I know 4 & 6 days doesn't sound like a long time but I know here in the States they like to bring you in, have the baby & then get you out (unless there are complications or you had a C-section). Your in for like maybe 2 days or so. They no longer keep you for a few extra days (I think its also because it costs so much now- hospital bills, etc.). Is that how it is in Denmark & other European countries?

Here in the United States before insurance companies reduced birth to a drive-by event, women stayed in the hospital 3 days for a normal birth and 7-10 for a C-Section. When I was born in 1968, my mother stayed 3 days to reclaim her strength and get used to be a new mom (I was her first child).

Today, insurance companies are so cheap that they want all the women in and out like a baby assembly line!! I don't feel this fair to a woman who just went through ardous labor and is expected to walk out 24 hrs later. Also, sometimes it takes hours before a baby and/or mother has some complications. This happened to a friend of mine who had to rush back only 6 hours after being released!!

I am glad that Mary gets her time to be in the hospital and rest. Being royal in this case is a very big help!

Wow, on Friday I was wondering when the baby was going to get here...a day later, he is born - I am so good! lol :D Congratulations to Mary and Frederik!

I would like to send my heartfelt congratulations to our favourite Crown Prince Couple - Mary and Frederik on the birth of their baby son! :)

May GOD Bless all of them!

Amen

caroline mathilda said:
Margrethe, what is the gift you speak of? The train?
CM
Caroline,

It is a refurbished tram. Trams are an iconic feature of Melbourne and are used as a major source of transport in the CBD and in the surrounding suburbs.

I am sure it shall be greeted most enthusiastically. Mary shall be wrapped I am sure!

"MII"

My congrats to Mary & Frederik, the other RF members and Denmark :D

Australia's official present to the Crown Princely Family is the original copy of May Gibbs, Snugglepot & Cuddlepie.

An Iconic Australian childrens bush tale (folk tale) originally published in 1918.

I am sure this shall also be met with much gratitude and appreciation. No doubt Mary was read the adventures of the Gumnut baby brothers when she was a little girl.

Quite sentimental I think.

"MII"

more photos of prince henrik's visit to rigshospitalet...
(from Topfoto)

ps. please feel free to delete if its repeating photos

Attachments

• 0941078.jpg
    0941078.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 172
  • 0941079.jpg
    0941079.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 193
  • 0941080.jpg
    0941080.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 204
  • 0941081.jpg
    0941081.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 189
Lady Jennifer said:
Is there any reason they stay that long. I know 4 & 6 days doesn't sound like a long time but I know here in the States they like to bring you in, have the baby & then get you out (unless there are complications or you had a C-section). Your in for like maybe 2 days or so. They no longer keep you for a few extra days (I think its also because it costs so much now- hospital bills, etc.). Is that how it is in Denmark & other European countries?

Maybe Princess Alexandra had a c-section thats why she stayed at the hospital for 4-6 days after giving birth..Usually, a mother who had a normal delivery are encouraged to go home within 24-48 hours..Its not that the hospital wants to lessen the cost of the hospital stay its just that there is no reason to stay for that long especially if there are no health complications between the mother and the baby.I have read from a book that Princess Diana went home to Kensington Palace after 24 hours of normal delivery to Prince William.

Last edited:
also from Topfoto of Queen Margarethe visit her new grandson
( i don't know why it's black & white though...)

Congratulations to all the Danes on this forum!! :)

I'm glad it's a boy, after the boom of princesses these last years the tide seems to be turning, after Emmanuel in Belgium and the 'lilleprins' in Denmark ... I'm very curious about his name, I hope we won't have to wait untill the christening to find out.

Congrulations to the couple!!!! :) I can wait to see Mary and baby come home from hospital.;)

Very important day (October 15, 2005) for Danish Royal Family

mary1510pic1.jpg
http://pics.jp.dk/nybillede/default.asp?id=2270&pixid=32064http://pics.jp.dk/nybillede/default.asp?id=2270&pixid=32064http://pics.jp.dk/nybillede/default.asp?id=2270&pixid=32064
Wellcome Prince

Congratulations Mary & Frederik
and
Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik
23 May 1968

http://epaper.jp.dk/16-10-2005/demo/JP_01-01.html

Mary's Doctor and team

Last edited:
From the Norwegian Royal webpage

The Royal Family Congratulate the Danish Royal Family.

Their Majestys The King and Queen, TRH The Crown Prince Couple and Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn has today sent congratulations telegram to HM The Queen and HRH the Prince Henrik and to TRH Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary after the Birth of the Danish Heir

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom