A Prince is Born: October 15, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catharina said:
Big congratulations to everyone in Denmark (and Australia and Scotland) and especially to the royal couple!! :):D

I heard the news when I woke up this morning but couldn't get my well wishes here until now since the forum was stuck somehow.
So now there's a new scottish-danish prince in Denmark! I wonder if Frederik and Mary knew beforehand they were getting a boy since they bought those blue prams..? :rolleyes: About the picture, if it really is Mary today with the newborn, I must say she looks surprisingly well and rested and the baby looks quite big! :eek:

I think Frederik said, they didn´t know. But I´ve my doubts (it´s quite hard these days not to see it in Usound-pics...and I guess Mary had many and the best check-ups...besides it´s said, that Mary was only intersted in clothes for boys at a fair for baby-wear.)
The blue prams were a gift of a danish company. And these prams have (almost) all a classic blue colour

Catharina said:
Big congratulations to everyone in Denmark (and Australia and Scotland) and especially to the royal couple!! :):D

I heard the news when I woke up this morning but couldn't get my well wishes here until now since the forum was stuck somehow.
So now there's a new scottish-danish prince in Denmark! I wonder if Frederik and Mary knew beforehand they were getting a boy since they bought those blue prams..? :rolleyes: About the picture, if it really is Mary today with the newborn, I must say she looks surprisingly well and rested and the baby looks quite big! :eek:
About the picture? Which picture? Did I miss something?

Genevieve said:
I know that Joachim and Alexandra waited until the christenings of their sons to announce Nikolai and Felix's names. But I think the case might be different for this little prince because he will be the King one day. We surely can't be expected to wait for several months to know what his name is. :cool:

I understood... has reason, I wait that the name of the baby will be disclosed now and not in the baptism, we are very curious!

One more time, congratulations to Fred and Mary!

Welcome future king!

Last edited:
Gongratulations!:)

I do hope they'll still be changing the succession law. It's only fair.

Congratulations to Frederik and Mary on the birth of the their son. May the rejoicing begin for The Danish Royal Family and the people of Denmark!:)

Re:

This is wonderful! Absolutely wonderful!

We've been waiting for the little Prince for so long and I am sure that HM Queen Margrethe and the entire RF are thrilled!

Congratulations to TRH and to the whole of Denmark.

I think it's pretty safe to assume we are welcoming Prince Christian!

Great news!!!

Welcome on this World new prince of Denmark:)

Congrattulations to them all:) :)

pdas1201 said:
Christian is very good guess, as Frederik and Christian follow each other. Let look at Christian IX, then his son Frederik VIII, then his son Christian X, and his son Frederik IX and his daughter Margrethe II followed by her son (current heir) Crown Prince Frederik (later Frederik X).

By precedent, his son's name should be Christian (he will rule as Christian XI).

There I have a doubt: how the grandfather of CP Frederik was King Frederik IX and great-grandfather was King Christian X, and before it was King Frederik VIII then the CP Frederik would be King Christian XI and not King Frederik X, as you it said, and the baby would be King Frederik X and not Christian XI?

Or I am made a mistake?

Congratulation To Mum And Day And To The Famelly!!!!!!

I simply have no words to say except Congratulations to Crown Princess Mary, Crown Prince Frederik and Queen Margrethe II, Prince Henrik- each and everyone in Denmark.

Elinha said:
There I have a doubt: how the grandfather of CP Frederik was King Frederik IX and great-grandfather was King Christian X, and before it was King Frederik VIII then the CP Frederik would be King Christian XI and not King Frederik X, as you it said, and the baby would be King Frederik X and not Christian XI?

Or I am made a mistake?

Since the 1500s, every Danish king has been named Christian or Frederik. They usually alternate between the two names but Margrethe wanted to name her son after her father Frederik IX and even up the numbering of Frederiks with Christians. So Crown Prince Frederik will become Frederik X and his son will become Christian XI (if they follow precedent).

Perhaps they don't call it Christian, perhaps they surprise us with another name!!!!

Congratulations to them. I wish good health on the mother and son at this moment and for the near future. May all of his wishes, dreams and hopes come true. May he have good health and a long life. May he forever be a blessing and a joy to his parents and his family.

Dennis, you'd make a first-class fairy godmother with that list of hopes and wishes! Put me in mind of reading "Sleeping Beauty" for the first time, before Carabosse showed up to throw a spanner in the works.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Mary and Fred for their first child and to all the Danish Royal Family! Long live the Future King of Denmark :) :D

Catharina said:

The new prince is a little French too. Again congratulations to Mary and Fredrik! Welcom to the world!!:rolleyes: :) :D ;)

Congratulations to Frederik and Mary on the Birth of their Son. Warmest Wishes to this beautiful family.

Hope to see pictures of the new prince soon ;)

Congratulations to Mary, Frederick and all the Danish people. May the prince grow up to be healthy and happy and find a wonderful love like his Dad! He'll have no problem being a cutie if he takes lessons from his cousins!:D

ysbel said:
Since the 1500s, every Danish king has been named Christian or Frederik. They usually alternate between the two names but Margrethe wanted to name her son after her father Frederik IX and even up the numbering of Frederiks with Christians. So Crown Prince Frederik will become Frederik X and his son will become Christian XI (if they follow precedent).

Now I understood everything, thanks for explaining.

my congratulations for all denmark! :)

how much time will we have to wait until the name is announced? do you think it will be until the baptism or they will announce it soon, as the other royals do?

wow! i was surprised about the many hours of the labour: isn't 10 hours far too much? do those count from the moment she came to hospital until she delivered, or from the moment she started to feel contractions?

Congratulations Denmark!!!! May this baby be a Great King!!

So what's next? I heard that Prins Henrik still hasn't seen the baby. He was on a trip when the little prince was born but they say he should arrive at the hospital by early tonight.

I imagine they'll announce the christening. Most people think it will take place at Vor Fruhe Kirche where the wedding was held and that the new prince will be named Christian Frederik Henrik and one other name.

carlota said:
wow! i was surprised about the many hours of the labour: isn't 10 hours far too much? do those count from the moment she came to hospital until she delivered, or from the moment she started to feel contractions?
it is counted from the moment she had contractions

Last edited by a moderator:
carlota said:
isn't 10 hours far too much?

I've heard the average for the first baby is something like 15-20 hours. My friend's sister was in labor for like 2 days. Mary got off pretty easy if you ask most women!

This is fabulous news! I'm so happy for them! And Prince Frederik was so cute in that press conference. You can always tell just how much he loves his wife and now...new son! Great family!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom