A Prince is Born: October 15, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job Mary!!!!! the first crown princess have a boy like the old days!!!! crown princess-furure king!!!! Very good job!!!

Hey did anyone hear that Mary gave birth to a boy?

Great news....well all the girls will be fawning over him!! :D I had guessed a girl....but its good that there is a boy in the mix! Maybe Princess Alexia of the Netherlands & he will get married in about 20+ yrs! ;) :D

I asked this on the other thread but since it was just closed. Does anyone know how much 3500 grs is in pounds ?

Have they started to light the bonfires yet ?

CONGRATULATIONS MARY & FRED!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the other thread is closed, let me reiterate my congratulations for the couple. How happy they must be! <3

Oppie said:
I asked this on the other thread but since it was just closed. Does anyone know how much 3500 grs is in pounds ?

About 7 pounds.

Three grandsons for Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik!

Guess the Danes have also narrowly escaped a revision of their succession laws too.

How many hours was Mary in labour? It seems to have gone by quickly.

So will the new prince's name be Christian then?

Oppie said:

Baby prince is 7.71 lbs! Healthy weight!

Congratulations to Mary and Frederik!! :)

Is there any word on a name yet? When will they announce that?

Congrats to Fred, Mary, and family! A future king to go along with all the future queens.

Thanks for the answers. Good weight (although since she was so small I though the baby might be too)

I haven't been able to find any media yet. (I really want to see the bonfire pictures)

A little boy! A little cousin for Nikolai and Felix. Hope to see family pictures soon...with grandparents, uncle, and cousins.

I wonder what his name will be?

http://www.kronprinsparret.dk/b2000c

The Birth of a Royal Child

Throughout history, the birth of a Royal Child has been accompanied by traditions and official celebration. Today, the birth of a Royal Child is celebrated by gun salutes, and public authorities will fly the Danish flag, etc.

Salutes

After Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess has given birth to a child, salutes will be fired from the Battery Sixtus on Holmen in Copenhagen and from Kronborg Castle at Helsingør. The four cannons used at the Battery Sixtus date back to 1944. They are operated by Navy personnel. The 17 cannons used at Kronborg Castle date back to 1766-1769. They are operated gunners from the Army. In both places, black powder will be used.

Both Battery Sixtus and Kronborg Castle will fire 21-gun salutes. If the Crown Princess gives birth before 12 noon, salutes will be fired the same day at 12 noon. If the Crown Princess gives birth after 12 noon, the 21 shots will be fired the following day at 12 noon.

Cannon salutes have been used as a signal to announce great events throughout history. At the time of the Vikings, special signals in the form of beacons were used to announce important events

Flying the Danish flag

Official Denmark celebrates the birthdays of specific members of the Royal Family by flying the Danish flag. This is also the case in connection with the birth of a Royal Child. If the Crown Princess gives birth before 12 noon, flags will fly the same day from 12 noon. If the Crown Princess gives birth after 12 noon, flags will fly from official buildings as well as ferries, etc. the following day.

The Royal Danish Life Guards

In connection with special days in the Royal Family, it is a tradition that the section of the Royal Danish Life Guards on duty at Royal Castles and Palaces will wear what is known as ”blå vagtgalla” (blue gala duty uniform). They will do so from the hour when the birth of the child has been announced and until midnight. If the child is born after midnight, the guardsmen will wear blue gala duty uniform from the following morning at 6 a.m. until 12.p.m.

The blue gala duty uniform differs from the ordinary guard outfit, which is called “blå vagtmæssig” (blue uniform for daily guard duty), in that the blue gala duty uniform includes a hat sling. This is fastened to the bearskin and goes round the neck. Private guardsmen and non-commissioned officers’ hat sling is a white cotton cord, whereas officers wear a golden hat sling. The original function of the hat sling was to ensure that the soldier did not lose his headdress in battle.

I just read on the official website that she indeed delivered a health BOY!!!!

Congratulations to Frederik and Mary, and the rest of my royal family.:)

Well, so there'll be at least one reigning King in Europe in that generation among all the Queens! Congratulations to the couple! Queen Margrethe must be delighted.

A most wonderfull day. How very, very wonderful for Denmark & the Royal Family!

"MII"

Congratulations! I am happy to hear that the birth went well! After Mary was hospitalized a few weeks back i was worried that there might be complications. With all the royal princesses born lately, its nice to have a little baby prince for Denmark.

Congratulation to Mary and Frederik!

Will the baby's name be announced soon like in The Netherlands and Belgium?

congrats to Fred and Mary and the whole family.

i picked the boy not a gal, we need a male.

Congrats to the couple! I always felt it was a boy and yipee, I am correct. But I hope next one's a girl. Denmark does need a princess to show of all those amazing jewels.

Meredith said:
Congratulation to Mary and Frederik!

Will the baby's name be announced soon like in The Netherlands and Belgium?

I don't know, but Nikolai and Felix's names weren't revealed until the day they were christened, so maybe the same goes for the new prince. Hope they follow the trends in The Netherlands and Belgium though.

Congratulations to them,they are so sweet,I hope everything is fine with the baby and Mary!:) :)

If it's like previous Danish royal babies the name doesn't get announced until the mother says it out loud at the christening. I think the christening takes place anywhere from one to three months after the baby's birth. I would be very surprised if they broke the tradition and told us the baby's name earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom