A Prince is Born: October 15, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That photo of Henrik, is it from Frederiks birth? If so, why is he wearing that? Whas he so "surprised" by the birth that he didn´t had time to change, or did he just dressed up for the baby perhaps :)

Fredrik was also born during the night,if I remember well...Maybe Prince Henrik didn't have time to put on another suit?:D

In terms of organization around this, I have to say I was a bit more impressed with everything around Ingrid Alexandra's birth - Haakon's press conference in the auditorium seemed a bit more "together" than Frederik's out in the hallway. Granted there have been a tradition in Denmark to meet the press in that hallway, but it seemed very disorganized to me. Or maybe I'm just overly critical.

The reason for the Danes having the baptisms so quickly after the birth, is because the traditional gown they use... have been designed for a not-very large baby - and Prince "Hamlet" at around 3,5 kg at birth, can't put on much weight before the gown is too small.

Prince 'Hamlet' for the time being, that's a nice idea :)

norwegianne said:
In terms of organization around this, I have to say I was a bit more impressed with everything around Ingrid Alexandra's birth - Haakon's press conference in the auditorium seemed a bit more "together" than Frederik's out in the hallway. Granted there have been a tradition in Denmark to meet the press in that hallway, but it seemed very disorganized to me. Or maybe I'm just overly critical.

The reason for the Danes having the baptisms so quickly after the birth, is because the traditional gown they use... have been designed for a not-very large baby - and Prince "Hamlet" at around 3,5 kg at birth, can't put on much weight before the gown is too small.

I agree. Generally I´ve a feeling the births of Ingrid Alexandra and Catharina-Amalia were more exciting and from a PR-considering point of view better organised (what is better for the bub is an other question)
I wonder, why Frederik doesn´t send self made pics to the press (?) This is least stressful for the child and he can decide, what pics should be chosen.

oh let them enjoy this little time where only the close family knows the baby's name and face, it will be public posession for the rest of the boy's life.

I go away for one day, had no access to the internet and the Prince was born!

I am very happy about it, I know what you mean about the press conference. Also, with the baby born when he was the Palace etc had plenty of time to organie everything.

Now I can't wait for Mary to leave the hospital with her son, I actually do like it when the baby and mum are saw together for the first time, rather than a baby picture.

Hannelore said:
oh let them enjoy this little time where only the close family knows the baby's name and face, it will be public posession for the rest of the boy's life.

I agree with you Hannelore. Besides, different courts have their own way of doing things, and with the DRF there is no tradition of releasing a photo of the baby immediately after the birth like in the Netherlands. The little prince will spend the rest of his life in the public eye and I'm sure there will be many opportunities for photos in the future as he grows up. Surely we can wait for a few days.:)

norwegianne said:

That means they can't keep us in suspense for long! I certainly hope they don't tag the name Hamlet on the poor child. :eek:

My congrats to my beloved Frederik!!!
Happy Birthday the Little Prince!!!

Oppie said:
I asked this on the other thread but since it was just closed. Does anyone know how much 3500 grs is in pounds ?

Have they started to light the bonfires yet ?

Oppie,

3500 grams is about 7lb 5oz.:)

It was pointed out in the leader of a Danish paper (Jyllandsposten, I believe, though I'm a bit fuzzy on the exact name) that Mary and Frederik managed to do what the Danish national team didn't manage by not qualifying to the World Cup - unify Denmark and create Danish pride. It has been pointed out several times in the news, that the Royal family is one of the few unifying symbols in Denmark, shared by all.

pandora said:
No, t is closer to 8 pounds. One pound is 454gr....

Here I think 3500 grams in 3.5 kilos, which is about 7.7 pounds.

what about Mary's family visit the newborn baby? include her dad and step-mom

Sara Boyce

John doanldson and wife visits Mary&Baby at hospital:)

From Polfoto

Attachments

• fff.jpg
    fff.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 219
  • fff2.jpg
    fff2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 262
  • fff4.jpg
    fff4.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 286
  • fffm.jpg
    fffm.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 236
I checked the Washington Post, and there is nothing about the birth.

Congratulations to the young parents. (Although I had hoped for a little princess...)

Congratulations to the entire Danish Royal Family on this wonderful addition! I'm sure that HRH The Crown Princess is absolutely overjoyed with her little boy.

I guess the men in the family think their duty is to measure the little prince. These are all from TV2.

Have you noticed how much the little one has grown over the past day? :D

From left to right: papa Kronprins Frederik, uncle Prins Joachim, and grandpa Prins Henrik.

Attachments

• 595520-7672b88dc3faaca82e6b42bb4719edd9.jpg
    595520-7672b88dc3faaca82e6b42bb4719edd9.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 259
Last edited by a moderator:
ysbel said:
I guess the men in the family think their duty is to measure the little prince. These are all from TV2.

From left to right: papa Kronprins Frederik, uncle Prins Joachim, and grandpa Prins Henrik.
I sure has! Was it that what happed to Felipe too?... kidding

Apparently the baby has wisps of blond hair and federicks mouth. That is what I am hearing from Marys family. I dont think we will see the baby until tomorrow or a couple of days.

I know Alexandra and Joachim are divorced but she is still in some sense part of the family. Does anybody know whether she'll visit Mary in the hospital or will she when Mary's released? Since Nikolai and Felix have a new cousin now...:D

ysbel said:

This is sort of like the fish story: "The fish I caught was THIS big!"

CM

I am hoping his name isn't Christian. Give him a different first name, like Valdemar...Valdemar Frederik Henrik John. BT has the names Christian Frederik Henrik John, by the way.

Valdemar sounds too much like Harry Potter, don't you think?

Christian's a good name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom