The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 12:10 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
whats the address for a letter to the Crown Prince and Crown Princess to congradulate them
This is the address (taken from the official website of the DRF), If anyone will send congratulation notes or gifts:

HRH Crown Princess Mary and/or HRH Crown Prince Frederik
Amalienborg
Hofmarskallatet
Postboks 2143
DK1015 Copenhagen K
Denmark

If you want to deliver your letter or present personally, that is go to the door, and ring the bell: this is the address:

Amalienborg
Hofmarskallatet
Det Gule Palais
Amaliegade 18
Copenhagen/København
between 09.00 to 16.00 on all working days.

If you write a return mail address, you will usually get a thank-you note from
the court.

Thanks to Thor from CPMEMB for the above information

Old 10-21-2005, 04:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by starnightsky
Originally Posted by Australian
That would be nice, even ideal. But they might think it would look rude if they give presents that they were presented with, to others. I think if these companies give under-priveldged people the presents, its a good way to celebrate the birth of the prince and lets everybody share in the the advantages. Afterall, isnt a monarchy about its people?

Since it is inevitable that thousands are going to send gifts to Denmark for the new little Prince, I think it would be wonderful if people would enclose a request that their gifts be donated to needy children on behalf of the little Prince. What do you all think? That way Fred and Mary wouldn't look rude and it would accomplish a lot! :)
Perhaps, rather than gifts, one could set up a humanitarian fund in the Prince's name, in favour of handicapped children, or something like that, and rather than presents on birthdays and such, encourage donations? A fund like that was set up around Märtha Louise's one year birthday, I think it was. Haakon and Mette-Marit also started a fund like that when they got married, and wished for donations to the fund rather than gifts. I don't know if that's a tradition in Denmark, but to me, that's gifts that would last longer and benefit more.

Old 10-21-2005, 06:28 AM
Courtier

What wonderful news! Congrats to the new and proud parents!
I've been out of action for the last couple of weeks as my mother-in-law recently passed away....still coping with the grief and trying to move on with life.

Thought the best way to start back the normality of life was to check in here and what wonderful news!!

Three cheers to CP Mary and Frederik.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:46 AM
Gentry

when will we know the name of the a newborn prince?
Old 10-21-2005, 06:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jang
when will we know the name of the a newborn prince?
If I remember correctly from previous posts, we will know is name when he is Christened.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Perhaps, rather than gifts, one could set up a humanitarian fund in the Prince's name, in favour of handicapped children, or something like that, and rather than presents on birthdays and such, encourage donations? A fund like that was set up around Märtha Louise's one year birthday, I think it was. Haakon and Mette-Marit also started a fund like that when they got married, and wished for donations to the fund rather than gifts. I don't know if that's a tradition in Denmark, but to me, that's gifts that would last longer and benefit more.
I agree: that would be a very nice gesture. I know lot of people (commoners at the utmost) who did it. When I and my sisters were born my parents made known to their friends that they didn't want presents but prefered that donations were made to some fund they had selected with the family.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:41 AM
Aristocracy

Danielane
Great, kind parents you´ve got! I think that´s wonderful.

I´ve done that with my Christmas presents ; I tell my friends to donate to my favourite charity, instead of getting a present.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
I agree: that would be a very nice gesture. I know lot of people (commoners at the utmost) who did it. When I and my sisters were born my parents made known to their friends that they didn't want presents but prefered that donations were made to some fund they had selected with the family.
It sounds like a nice gesture although everytime I hear of it I keep thinking of Joan Crawford who never let her children keep any of their Christmas or birthday presents because 'there was always someone less fortunate who would appreciate it more' The poor girls never got to keep anything and got paranoid and guilty about accepting any gifts from anyone when they became adults.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
It sounds like a nice gesture although everytime I hear of it I keep thinking of Joan Crawford who never let her children keep any of their Christmas or birthday presents because 'there was always someone less fortunate who would appreciate it more' The poor girls never got to keep anything and got paranoid and guilty about accepting any gifts from anyone when they became adults.
Yeah, I remember a film made about Joan Crawford, quite sad.
One scene showed, I think Joan's boyfriend of the time, give her daughter alot of gifts for her birthday, and her mother didn't want her to keep more than one of them, but the boyfriend convinced Joan to let her keep the teddy bear, and a necklace.
What a sad story! But, I'm sure in the Prince's case, he is going to have countless gifts, and so much love from his family, he won't feel too sad about not being able to keep all of them (at least when he's older, and realizes how many people gave him stuff).:)

Old 10-21-2005, 03:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Yeah...Joan Crawford is not the model of motherhood I expect anyone to follow.:p
Old 10-21-2005, 03:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Oh please don't nickname the poor child kingaroo - that's AWFUL! :o (we need a yuck! icon)
Why is that awful? It sounds very Australian to me, but that's just me!:)

Old 10-21-2005, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffyBallerina
Joan Crawford is not the model of motherhood I expect anyone to follow
Woah! Can I (a Joan-addict) step in there? There's no proof that Joan was abusive to the Children and although Christina Crawford claims she was mistreated - the other Crawford adoptees have said that Christina's book 'Mommie Dearest' is a gross exaggeration.

It is true however, that Joan would only allow the children to keep 1 gift. The rest went to the poor.

So, although I don't think Joan did mistreat them with wardrobe hardware, let's keep Mary away from wire-hangers anyway!
Old 10-21-2005, 03:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra
Danielane
Great, kind parents you´ve got! I think that´s wonderful.

I´ve done that with my Christmas presents ; I tell my friends to donate to my favourite charity, instead of getting a present.
Yes I have very kind parents. I was brought up with the values of charity and attention toward the others.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Joan Crawford is not the model of motherhood I expect anyone to follow.
Woah! Can I (a Joan-addict) step in there? There's no proof that Joan was abusive to the Children and although Christina Crawford claims she was mistreated - the other Crawford adoptees have said that Christina's book 'Mommie Dearest' is a gross exaggeration.
It is true however, that Joan would only allow the children to keep 1 gift. The rest went to the poor.
So, although I don't think Joan did mistreat them with wardrobe hardware, let's keep Mary away from wire-hangers anyway!
There was only one other adopted child, a boy, but I don't remember his name.
And it wasn't just the children that claimed she was tough on people, her co-stars, and other Hollywood insiders said the same thing.
I can't remember who exactly, but I did see a documentary on it.

Old 10-21-2005, 03:35 PM

Re:

Quote:
There was only one other adopted child, a boy, but I don't remember his name
He was called Christopher. There were two other children - twins. A girl and a boy I believe. They were less publicised and went under ground at about 18. They didn't want the attention and rarely spoke to Joan. Now they have changed their names and never talk about their mother.

There were a few horror stories but Joan's housekeeper, Carol-Anne, always denied Christina's book had any truth to it.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
He was called Christopher. There were two other children - twins. A girl and a boy I believe. They were less publicised and went under ground at about 18. They didn't want the attention and rarely spoke to Joan. Now they have changed their names and never talk about their mother.

There were a few horror stories but Joan's housekeeper, Carol-Anne, always denied Christina's book had any truth to it.
Maybe this maid only seen the good side, or what she wanted to see?
Also, maybe she was getting money from the estate, and wanted to say only good things, as many loyal staff still receive money until their deaths if their boss is fond of them.

Old 10-21-2005, 03:59 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Enough about Joan.

thanks
Old 10-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Enough about Joan.
thanks
I knew one of you was going to tell us that soon!!
But, there won't be any news on the baby for a few weeks yet, so what else are we to talk about in this thread right now?:)

Old 10-21-2005, 04:07 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
I knew one of you was going to tell us that soon!!
But, there won't be any news on the baby for a few weeks yet, so what else are we to talk about in this thread right now?:)
The Prince has been safely delivered and is now at home. Probably not much more to say until the christening. We could work our way through a long list of celebrity mothers,
or even (gasp!) close the thread.

:)
W
Old 10-21-2005, 04:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
The Prince has been safely delivered and is now at home. Probably not much more to say until the christening. We could work our way through a long list of celebrity mothers,
or even (gasp!) close the thread.:) W
No don't close the thread!
I like to have the option to talk about past events!

Closed Thread

Tags
christian, lilleprinsen, prince christian