The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 03:05 PM
Administrator

I don't have children...but based upon conversations with my family and girlfriends...while its great for families and friends to visit...sometimes its best to give the new family a little time for themselves. A bit of an adjustment period if you will.

Also, in regards to Mary's familiy not making the trip to Denmark. Not sure how much it costs...but I agree with the concept that maybe they are waiting for the christening. While Mary and Frederik might have the means to take costly vacations (or schedule them with overseas business trips), what types of jobs do her siblings hold? Denmark seems very fond of their royal family...but I can't see the country paying for Mary's family to visit.

Old 10-20-2005, 03:08 PM
Commoner

layla if you an upclose look of necklace go to crown princess news:may 2005-august 2005 click on eight and scroll down. you will see her in purple shirt of dress anyway enjoy:)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
I haven't seen the picture of Letizia, but IMO the necklace looks beautiful.:)

Old 10-20-2005, 03:12 PM
Aristocracy

I completely didn't even think that Mary's family might be waiting for the christening...good point!

However, I still think it must be difficult for Mary that Frederick's family is such a big part of their lives and her family is not. I know she probably realized this and accepted it before they got married but still...I can imagine that I'd be missing my family at a time like this if I were her.

I saw someone had mentioned that Fred and Mary have a nanny...Does anyone know if she/he will be used all the time as the child's primary care giver or if the nanny will just be a suppliment to their parenting?

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different." ~Coco Chanel
Old 10-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
I haven't heard anything about this either, is there a link?
Kingaroo of cuddles

http://www.themercury.news.com.au/co...55E921,00.html
Old 10-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettiara
layla if you an upclose look of necklace go to crown princess news:may 2005-august 2005 click on eight and scroll down. you will see her in purple shirt of dress anyway enjoy:)
Thanks for thinking of me, but it seems to be an invalid link.
Maybe the picture can be found somewhere else?
Layla:)

Old 10-20-2005, 03:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Some High quality picture without watermak from Kig Ind

Old 10-20-2005, 03:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

awwwww such a sweet baby
Old 10-20-2005, 03:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyy
Great article mandyy, thank you. And, nicknaming him 'kingaroo' is soooo cute!:)

Old 10-20-2005, 03:44 PM
Aristocracy

Pictures of the Crown Prince & Princess at home w/ their baby. from YAHOO!
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/even...sp=-1&lsp=6000
Old 10-20-2005, 03:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadiyah2086
Pictures of the Crown Prince & Princess at home w/ their baby. from YAHOO!
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/even...sp=-1&lsp=6000
Thank you soooo much for the pictures! I've been trying to find pictures of the bonfires, but without luck, and you found them!
Thanks again:)

Old 10-20-2005, 05:12 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle9982
However, I still think it must be difficult for Mary that Frederick's family is such a big part of their lives and her family is not. I know she probably realized this and accepted it before they got married but still...I can imagine that I'd be missing my family at a time like this if I were her.
Noelle, I think the one person Mary misses right now is her mom who died awhile back. I know of women who had their first child after their mother died and the first birth is really hard. Somehow the rest of the family doesn't quite make up for that one loss.

Mary must have had some tough times over the last few days.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
Great article mandyy, thank you. And, nicknaming him 'kingaroo' is soooo cute!:)
Oh please don't nickname the poor child kingaroo - that's AWFUL! :o (we need a yuck! icon)
Old 10-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina
And back to the subject!! Many people here in Finland wonder about the baby's skin color and claim he looks tanned. I don't see it but then again, babies in my family, in my husband's family and even in my sister's husband's family tend to have a yellowish/olive skin color. I'm not just talking about the common yellowing that happens to babies often although that too is fairly common in my family.
Catharina, you Finnish as I am?

To the subject: The skin colour can change by little babies. I used to know a Finnish mulatto boy when he was a wee little baby. He is nowadays adult and quite brown, but when he was born, he looked almost as fair as any other finnish baby. The beautiful brown shade of the skin bacame more intensive, when he was about half a year old.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:41 PM
Nobility

marys family

Also with computers I am sure they are in touch and with the latest cameras they can see the baby live. I also think they are waiting for the christening to come. The ones that can come will .
Old 10-20-2005, 06:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra
Catharina, you Finnish as I am?

To the subject: The skin colour can change by little babies. I used to know a Finnish mulatto boy when he was a wee little baby. He is nowadays adult and quite brown, but when he was born, he looked almost as fair as any other finnish baby. The beautiful brown shade of the skin bacame more intensive, when he was about half a year old.
The reason why hes so yellow is probably that he has jaundice, but I think thats normal for babies?
Old 10-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Courtier

Lightbulb

My own daughter had jaundice and the nurse told me to let her lay in sunlight and that would correct the color. (It did). I think in rare cases it can lead to something more serious but it's generally a common problem. I hope the name announcement comes soon!
Old 10-20-2005, 07:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
That would be nice, even ideal. But they might think it would look rude if they give presents that they were presented with, to others. I think if these companies give under-priveldged people the presents, its a good way to celebrate the birth of the prince and lets everybody share in the the advantages. Afterall, isnt a monarchy about its people?
I wonder how they'll handle it then -- the new baby that CP Fred & Mary could not possibly need 'truckloads' of presents. He's only going to be a newborn for just so long and one tiny little baby could not possibly enjoy so many things all by himself...

Good grief...:)

While I understand the gesture, I wonder what Fred & Mary wil do with all that stuff. Will they keep all that packed up in the garage or something for fear of looking rude? What does the ryoal family traditionally do for this type of thing?

Maybe they'll take just a few things and not tell which and share with everyone else who may need all those things... :p

It will be interesting to know how that would be handled...:p
Old 10-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Gentry

An Idea For Gifts For The Little Prince

Originally Posted by Australian
That would be nice, even ideal. But they might think it would look rude if they give presents that they were presented with, to others. I think if these companies give under-priveldged people the presents, its a good way to celebrate the birth of the prince and lets everybody share in the the advantages. Afterall, isnt a monarchy about its people?

Since it is inevitable that thousands are going to send gifts to Denmark for the new little Prince, I think it would be wonderful if people would enclose a request that their gifts be donated to needy children on behalf of the little Prince. What do you all think? That way Fred and Mary wouldn't look rude and it would accomplish a lot! :)
Old 10-20-2005, 09:35 PM
Nobility

I don't think it would look rude at all for them to give the gifts to needy children. I pretty much think thats what they will do any way.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

whats the address for a letter to the Crown Prince and Crown Princess to congradulate them

Closed Thread

Tags
christian, lilleprinsen, prince christian