The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 03:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Hi Layla, I think I know what you are talking about. Pregnant women cannot handle cat litter because of the danger of toxoplasmosis but I haven't heard the danger exists with the cat itself?
Apparently the cat can carry the germs on it's coat or fur (whichever word you use in France?), and if the baby pets the cat the germs can get on the baby's mouth or hands, and be transferred that way.
It is right about pregnant women, but also for newborns, and toddlers.

Old 10-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikkiB
And another thing I've noticed, as grand-pa Donaldson told the press about that Scottish tradition dubbing an unchristened child "bairn". It shows, in my opinion, a conncetion between the Scottish dialects and the Nordic languages (at least Norwegian), because child in Norwegian is spelled "barn". Just observing...
It's the same in Danish child = barn.

Old 10-19-2005, 03:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
No names have been released yet. Christian seems to be an obvious choice, but no names have been released, as far as I can see at least.

If we're going to judge by Nikolai and Felix, who seem to be the most likely to compare with, the names weren't released until the Christening: Nikolai's christening was roughly two months after his birth, and Felix' also, though it was only a month with Frederik and Joachim.
Many people think that he will be baptized very soon. Reason: The dress the baby is going to fit is 100 years old and is a very small size so they have to hurry before he grows out of it :p
Old 10-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star

I hadn't even considerd the temperament, although surely that's something that can never be predicted? I was thinking more from a cleanliness/hygiene aspect, as well as all the possible germs a child could be exposed to.
Actually, recent studies have shown that being exposed to a pet early in life can help to prevent a child from developing allergies later in life. Plus, they're great friends to grow up with.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by betina
Many people think that he will be baptized very soon. Reason: The dress the baby is going to fit is 100 years old and is a very small size so they have to hurry before he grows out of it :p
Do you think they'll wait until after Christmas to baptize him, just so the baptism isn't overshadowed by the holidays? I'd hate to have to wait until January!
Old 10-19-2005, 03:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishchic5
Do you think they'll wait until after Christmas to baptize him, just so the baptism isn't overshadowed by the holidays? I'd hate to have to wait until January!
Many thinks it will be in the start of December
Old 10-19-2005, 03:30 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishchic5
Actually, recent studies have shown that being exposed to a pet early in life can help to prevent a child from developing allergies later in life. Plus, they're great friends to grow up with.
Dunno about that... I grew up with cats, but now I'm allergic to them :(
Old 10-19-2005, 03:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianedk
Dunno about that... I grew up with cats, but now I'm allergic to them :(
I grew up with dogs but i am also allergic
Old 10-19-2005, 03:48 PM
Majesty

Thanks everyone for all the pictures, the articles and the comments. A special thanks to Kil (I'm sure it must have been a long wait) for the lovely pictures of the couple and the little prince. I think that Frederik, Mary and the little prince look like a happy, normal family with their first newborn.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by betina
Many thinks it will be in the start of December
That's too far off!
Old 10-19-2005, 05:19 PM
Nobility

Like with most things it is fine to have pets around children, as long as you don;t leave them alone.

At this stage, I would be more concerned if Mary had a cat. I have cats and love them dearly but you have to be so careful as cats like warm, snug places and have been known to get in the cot/pram with the baby and that is obviously very dangerous.

Apart from things like that it is wonderful to grow up with animals, I can't imagine not having a pet in my life.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cass09
I'd say the colour of the baby's skin was probably due to it being a little jaundiced. This is quite common in newborns, especially around the 3rd to 4th day, and it is more common in breastfed babies.
I have a question too; what does it mean to be jaundiced? Does that mean a little bit tired or something?

I can imagine a newborn being tired (I don';t know if that's what the word means or not) -- after all, it's not just the mommy doing all the work to get him here:p
Old 10-19-2005, 06:53 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
I did not say they all end happily. I applied the quote from Charles and Diana's wedding to Frederik and Mary.

No where do I say ALL fairytales end happily.

As we have seen many have ended with divorce, death, and remarriage.
i am saying that charles and diana can still be considered a fairytale. Happy ending or not.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by suturegeisha
You did not just do a Punnett square! :p :p :p
Heheheh, oh, yes, I did! :P I love Punnett Squares. Let's learn more about genetics...
Old 10-19-2005, 06:58 PM
Serene Highness

Oh! What a beautiful baby! Been away a couple of days, so I missed the pictures. Thanks to all who posted them!
Old 10-19-2005, 06:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
I have a question too; what does it mean to be jaundiced? Does that mean a little bit tired or something?

I can imagine a newborn being tired (I don';t know if that's what the word means or not) -- after all, it's not just the mommy doing all the work to get him here:p
It refers to his colour. Jaundiced babies usually have a yellowish tinge to their skin. It disappears after a few days/weeks...I don't actually know.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosey60
It refers to his colour. Jaundiced babies usually have a yellowish tinge to their skin. It disappears after a few days/weeks...I don't actually know.
thank you moosey60.

but even if it does disappear, why would it happen anyway?:p
Old 10-19-2005, 07:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

The body produces bilirubin in response to newborns high red blood cell count. The baby's liver can not process it quickly enough so for few days the skins turns slight yellow. A normal process in most new borns.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:56 PM
Courtier

Finally pictures .I haven't been here for a while, so...is the baby named yet?....And why is he most likely named Christian?
They make the best husbands!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2005, 08:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
The body produces bilirubin in response to newborns high red blood cell count. The baby's liver can not process it quickly enough so for few days the skins turns slight yellow. A normal process in most new borns.
thank you for explaining that. grevinnan

so now I learnt some thing new today:)

Closed Thread

Tags
christian, lilleprinsen, prince christian