A Prince is Born: October 15, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to happy parents!!!

Now, that its a boy, I am praying for Letizia to have a beautiful baby girl. So, we can all dream of a Royal Wedding...hey its never to early:D

samitude said:
If it's like previous Danish royal babies the name doesn't get announced until the mother says it out loud at the christening. I think the christening takes place anywhere from one to three months after the baby's birth. I would be very surprised if they broke the tradition and told us the baby's name earlier.

I didn't know that. That is quite interesting. I hope the christening doesn't take three months!

Wow! That's cool. I couldn't sleep, so I thought: well let's go and check out if Mary and Fred have a baby yet: and see! There he is! Congratulations! That's just wonderful! :)

Congratulations to Frederik and Mary!!! :D

I'm very happy! I wise person who the baby would be a boy...as we have the future queens and not it king and therefore I prefer that the babies of Spain and the Denmark would be boys!

Many happinesses to Danish Family!!! :)

About baby's name
We have that to wait until the christening to happen...

Is 51 centimetres about 20 inches? Did I do the math correctly or am I completely off? :D

That's a good way to make sure all of Denmark watches the christening too!

Well done, Crown Princess Mary. You have made BOTH your countries proud.

And Congratulations to all of you Australians who will someday have the first half Australian on an European Throne.

Long Live Queen Margrethe and God Bless the new Prince of the Danes

Caroline Mathilda

Last edited:
I don't think I can wait until the Christening to find out his name, and I can't wait to see photos of the little Prince. I hope they show it over here (the Christening).

Lady Jennifer said:
Is 51 centimetres about 20 inches? Did I do the math correctly or am I completely off? :D

Yep, you got it right, 20 inches.

Congratulations to
Mary, Fred and their families!!

3 down (Maxima, Mathilde, Mary)
2 to go (Letizia, Mette-Marit)

This is great news. Congratulations to Mary and Frederik and all of Denmark! Queen Margrethe must indeed be a proud grandmother again.

Elinha said:
About baby's name
We have that to wait until the christening to happen...

I know that Joachim and Alexandra waited until the christenings of their sons to announce Nikolai and Felix's names. But I think the case might be different for this little prince because he will be the King one day. We surely can't be expected to wait for several months to know what his name is. :cool:

:) :) :) CONGRATULATIONS TO MARY AND FRED!!!! I can`t wait to hear the baby´s names :)

Congratulations to Mary and Frederick. They have a healthy boy and future king. I think the name is going to be Christian which is ok cause I really like Christian.

What great news! (A girl goes offline for an hour or two with Mary having only been in the hospital and starting her labour, and then I come back and Mary has already had her baby!)

What are some traditions from the Danish royal family that we can expect in the coming days? In the Netherlands, the father usually takes the first picture of the newborn baby (Prince Bernhard took the first picture of Beatrix, Claus took the first of Willem-Alexander, and Willem-Alexander took the first one of Amalia and Alexia). In Spain (with the Infanta's husbands), there was a press conference and a champagne toast with the doctors and reporters to the newborn baby and the mother. In Belgium and Norway there were press conferences with the proud new fathers.

Will we get to see a thrilled Frederik expressing his delight in his newborn son and his proudness of Mary? Can we expect a first picture taken by Frederik? Or even Frederik presenting the baby as Willem-Alexnader did with both of his daughters?

Well here are some things from an article: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=67311
In line with a Danish tradition to mark a royal birth, 21 gun shots will be fired at noon (2000 AEST) from batteries in Copenhagen and from the Kronborg Castle, north of Copenhagen.
In the evening (tomorrow AEST), the Danish Home Guard will light some 350 bonfires across the country.

Alexandria said:
What are some traditions from the Danish royal family that we can expect in the coming days? In the Netherlands, the father usually takes the first picture of the newborn baby (Prince Bernhard took the first picture of Beatrix, Claus took the first of Willem-Alexander, and Willem-Alexander took the first one of Amalia and Alexia). In Spain (with the Infanta's husbands), there was a press conference and a champagne toast with the doctors and reporters to the newborn baby and the mother. In Belgium and Norway there were press conferences with the proud new fathers.

Will we get to see a thrilled Frederik expressing his delight in his newborn son and his proudness of Mary? Can we expect a first picture taken by Frederik? Or even Frederik presenting the baby as Willem-Alexnader did with both of his daughters?

From the Crown Prince web site http://www.kronprinsparret.dk/39e2774 if you want to send/give a gift
Gifts on the occasion of the Crown Princess’ delivery

Gifts on the occasion of the Crown Princess’ delivery

Issued Saturday October 15, 2005

Gifts may be delivered to the Lord Chamberlain’s Office, Det Gule Palæ, Amaliegade 18, Copenhagen today Saturday 15th from 10 a.m. until 9 p.m. and tomorrow Sunday 16th from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.​

The following days, gifts may be delivered to the Lord Chamberlain’s Office within normal opening hours from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on all weekdays.

Postal address: PO Box 2143, 1015 Copenhagen K

Ove Ullerup
Lord Chamberlain

divider.gif

Last edited:
Doña Metizia said:
Half Australian and half Scottish.

I am sure Her Royal Highnesses Australian & Scottish relatives are most thrilled with the news.

"MII"

Oh my God, that is just so so so so GREAT :) I'm so happy for them ! CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!

And I won the game I did with some a friend, because I've said a boy on the 15th :eek: Wow great !! lol ! I did a good job !!!!!!! :D

Congradulations to Crown Prince & Crown Princess of Denmark!

I hope the little prince looks as cute as his daddy did 37 years ago.

Scanpix 1968

Last edited by a moderator:
Such wonderful news! Congrats to the couple. I really thought it was going to be a girl with all the talk about the changes to the succession law!

Congratulations to Mary, Frederik, and the whole royal family. I can't wait to hear what his name is! (Or a picture of two of him will be nice to see.)

I'm happy that Mary delivered safely after that she went to hospital few days before.

Congratulations.

Guh--- you go to bed and it turns out you needed only have waited a few hours to find out...

What nice news to get in the morning. Congratulations to Frederik, Mary, the family and all the Danes I know. ;)

I don't think this will change the speed of the succession change - the Prime Minister have talked too much about it for that to happen, and I don't think they want any further generations to end up in the same debacle.

Congratulations to Mary and Frederik on the birth of their son :D

Congratulations to the people of Denmark, the birth of a future king!

Ginny :) :)

Congratulations to them. I wish good health on the mother and son at this moment and for the near future. May all of his wishes, dreams and hopes come true. May he have good health and a long life. May he forever be a blessing and a joy to his parents and his family.

What nice news to hear instead of disasters and wars. Congratulations to the Danish Royal Family. Mary, you go girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom